3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
Gennady Soloviev 13.03.21 12:42 am

The highest vampires in the world of the Witcher (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

In the original game, The Witcher 3 was like 2 high vampires. Regenerating in the catacombs and on Dandelion's quest, both of them transformed into Katakans, but the bestiary states that the Katakan are not the highest vampires, they are their primitive cousins. In the supplement Blood and Wine, the higher vampires are presented differently and when the princess asked whether Geralt had dealings with the higher vampires, he replied that he did not (except for Regis). So I got confused with their classification). Maybe all the same Katakan are the highest vampires, or at least as close to them as possible?
I just found a similar topic. The question is closed. I'll read there.)
32 Comments
Sort by:
S
Stifler's mom 13.03.21

Another thing is that the author of the question correctly asks, since in the main plot, the two higher vampires turn into katakana (lower). Although both are likely nosferatu (supreme). There is an obvious contradiction, but these are already the flaws of the developers or scriptwriters of the game.

_
_Ozymandias_ 13.03.21

Yennefer from Vengerberg
LOL. This is from the lore.
Read attentively.
@@@@@@
Brooks has the appearance of a beautiful woman, however, when she is hungry or attacks, she seems terrible. In the form of a person, it is easy to confuse her with a mermaid: long beautiful hair, sensual eyes and pale skin. It is also capable of transforming into a giant bat, which is also distantly similar to the fleder.
⇒⇒Here⇒⇒Brooks are considered vampires, which are the link between lower and higher vampires.
Brooks, unlike the lower vampires, is intelligent: she can feel, speak, turn into a person and even love. But unlike the higher ones, Brooks is still dependent on human blood. An extremely dangerous enemy, can turn into a huge bat, has superhuman strength, can hypnotize the victim. They settle wherever they can survive or subjugate a person to their will. She often looks for a victim for herself, which becomes her lover and at the same time a source of food. They are extremely rare, being a relic of the Conjugation of the Spheres.
By the way, there was a moment in the book when Brooks fell in love with an enchanted stupid man who "borrowed" the daughters of merchants for gold, her love at the end removed the curse, but she leaned back (not without the help of the White Wolf.
// I was not too lazy and found it. This is the last wish

Spoilerhttp: //cs8.pikabu.ru/post_img/2016/02/28/9/1456671153175271571.jpg

S
Stifler's mom 13.03.21

_Ozymandias_ It depends on
what is considered lore. A quote from Wikipedia or a bestiary from Sapkowski's book. According to which brooks is generally an exclusively female Portuguese vampire, engaged in witchcraft during her lifetime and therefore turned into a demonic creature that is supposedly impossible to kill, even with silver. Based on the essence of KiV (and this is where brooks is found in The Witcher 3), brooks is a lower vampire. Well, or something in between, given that the garkains with fleders are represented in the game by extremely bloodthirsty monsters, and the brooks from Corvo Bianco not only looks like a woman, but even speaks to Geralt. True, in the further course of the game, they are presented precisely as primitive monsters.
P / S has now found three subspecies of vampires - lesser vampires, transitional vampires, and superior vampires. On it we will send brooks to the vampires of the transitional stages, but the alps will go to the lower

S
Stifler's mom 13.03.21

Wild Rider
Sorted it out a bit. Katakanas, like brooks, are classified as transitional vampires. Something like that. It turns out that everything is not so simple)

_
_Ozymandias_ 13.03.21

Yennefer from Vengerberg wrote: exclusively bloodthirsty monsters
So Detlaff ordered them, he has power over them. I think if he said they would distribute candy in roach suits. And about the Alps again is not true, they are also a transitional stage. (the red-haired girl in the release trailer for The Witcher 3 is the Alps).
// And why shouldn't vedmak.wikia be considered lore? By the way, in the book of the same Sapkowski, the witcher and the enchanted man killed Brooks, which, as it were, says that the bestiary of 2002 has no effect. Because he killed her in the 1993 book Paradox !? In the bestiary (2002) there is a reference to http://wiedzmin.wikia.com/wiki/Bruxa, in which there is a reference to the murdered brooks, So it turns out Angry changed his mind and endowed only the highest vampires with immortality. But he is forgivable. You and I would not be able to do half of his work.

B
Boba4ka 13.03.21

_Ozymandias_
In the trailer Orianna, it's a pity to return and finish the job, in the game she does not look like the Alp.

_
_Ozymandias_ 13.03.21

Boba4ka
All claims about her appearance to CD Projekt RED, ideally Alps "Outwardly looks like a young girl with large scarlet eyes." But they changed a little, as I said above, for me the world of books and games is parallel universes with slight differences, so I am not worried about the changes made by CD Projekt RED or by Sapkowski himself, and I do not advise you.

B
Boba4ka 13.03.21

And for me, she looks more like Regis or Detlaff, well, or on the extreme Novigrad higher.

W
Wild rider 13.03.21

Yennefer from Vengerberg
Well you can do that, yes)

_Ozymandias_
Why Oriana is an alp? In Witcher 3, in The Long Night quest, I did not see them become invisible, unlike brooks. So developed unambiguously made it clear that this is Brooks.

Boba4ka
The Novigrad people have a model of katakana. They are very different from Detlaff.
How is it similar? It's just that this brooks plays a role in the plot.

_
_Ozymandias_ 13.03.21

Wild Rider
Well, the fact that she Alps said back in January, the developers probably changed their mind. Ok it's brooks.

V
Vaselinski 13.03.21

Wild Rider

I was already tired of explaining that she was Brooks, in response I only heard that the medallion didn’t shake, etc.

B
Boba4ka 13.03.21

_Ozymandias_
_Ozymandias_ wrote:
So Detlaff ordered them, he has power over them.
And over Orianna, by the way, he has no power over the campaign. Well, since all the lower ones are destroying Beauclair on his orders, and Orianna at the same time completely on her own, leaves the city in the place with Geralt when they go to the orphanage.

Wild Rider
Duck is a katakana model, this is because the vampires in the Wild Hunt are not at all the main characters, the developers simply did not bother with new models, slightly changing the existing katakana model.