3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
x
xDDGx 31.10.19 03:30 am

Reviews and impressions of the game v.2 (Half-Life)

Because the old topic was closed, you should open a new topic, because still there are people who want to share opinion about this, of course, the iconic game that leads to new discussions. I think that the interest in the KHL will never fade even many years, at least, as long as such a thing as a personal computer will exist and will not give place to something new, or will not change so much that it will not resemble PCs today.

Previous topic here.
38 Comments
Sort by:
M
MrShake 31.10.19

The game is a legendary masterpiece.
...nothing more to say.

J
JetRanger 31.10.19

The game is a legendary masterpiece.
What!
And the addon Opposing Force - is also a masterpiece. I got finally the version with native English voice acting, which was indescribably happy. Unlike Blue Shift, play OF not less interesting than in the original (i.e. Half-Life).

Recently unearthed among old papers in his ad-lib a year ago, recorded under the impression of the first passage of Half-Life:

Good game Half-Life.
In her shootings drive
And traps and riddles
Wonderful tvaruzek habits,
Abnormal crystals
Mesas, cliffs,
Teleporter, world of Xen,
And the mysterious g-man.
Well our main hero
He is a young scientist,
With a beard and glasses,
With crowbar in hand,
Not the voice of doom,
Wearing a super suit
(in radioactive waters
Yes in toxic waste
without a spacesuit - hell).
Here is the half-life.

What I like in Half is the mechanics of fighting.

After all, in shooters, IMHO, the most important is the scope for varied tactics. That is to say that the main challenge was not one aiming on the run, but also in the rapid thinking through their actions on any steps forward. So, roughly speaking, the smartest survive, not the most accurate.

And Half-Life - time. A lot of details to keep in mind during a firefight. Assess the situation, inventory, health status and costume. On this basis, plan the attack. In case something goes wrong, provide a plan B. Prepare the gun to quick change (Q), and - forward! Throw grenades, lay mines, set against the snarky, blow up a flammable container, dive for cover to reload, choose the moment to rush or shot...
And all this at a very fast pace. Beauty!

PS: by the Way, if anyone read the previous version of the theme - I was there at the end of the praised Half-Life Source, and absolutely nothing. Just then I had a defective instance of normal for the Half, and of course the Source seemed better. But recently got version 1.1.2.1 - that's a real Half-Life. A Source - so, not for everybody.

J
JetRanger 31.10.19

Now a year has passed, and the theme is empty... Sorry. Although what else to expect, if even in such a hotly-anticipated black Mesa was released and immediately forgotten.

x
xDDGx 31.10.19

Black Mesa anyway, the product is secondary, so not much to discuss... besides, they never washed down Ksen =( And multiplayer.
But under BMS is already out a bunch of mods (more precisely, maps and mapako). Someone even your own version Xena suggested (as I understand it, he precompiler cards from CRS or just pereteksturil).

A
Alert 31.10.19

Well, not BMS still rules the product. On BMS came nedostoyuschie cards from fans... fans of fashion, who did the fans...

x
xDDGx 31.10.19

Alert that to you, you have lost the ability to coherently articulate their thoughts? :D

//fffu again Pehe buggy; even double post is not allowed to remove

C
Cvoxalury 31.10.19

Although what else to expect, if even in such a hotly-anticipated black Mesa was released and immediately forgotten.

So she was Nepalese.

A
Alert 31.10.19

Alert that to you, you have lost the ability to coherently articulate their thoughts? :D
Yes, the diva hour of the night, anything can happen...

J
JetRanger 31.10.19

So she was Nepalese.

Well said. )) Straight to the point. This is BMS, and I was disappointed - was expecting a sort of Half-Life with graphics and a few new ideas, and got sloppy animation hand-to-weapon, gnarled bullsquids and grants thrash dismemberment, like the soundtrack for romance, Marines-cheaters...

Or, for example, do the modders of BMT was so hard to take, for example, the animation of the crowbar and the mechanics of jumping from HL2? No, for some reason, it was necessary to have to do the same thing, only worse.

x
xDDGx 31.10.19

do modders of BMT was so hard to take, for example, the animation of the crowbar and the mechanics of jumping from HL2
They found in them a fatal flaw...
In my opinion, the jumps (and even the player's movement) in EP2 was ruined, isn't it? In HL2 on Source 7, the coolest mechanics, and even a bug's flight is my favorite ^^ And Valve messed up.
But Yes, after powercaddy physics of the player the quack and CL movement across worlds of modern shooters, it seems as though the player was wearing armor... Like me this annoyed Bioshok, just beyond words =( In BMS is still not so bad, I don't recall I got a feeling of stiffness. Although BMS I only once went to a small medic may have forgotten. But I liked the game. Yes, it's not CL. But why do we need another CL? I doubt that anyone is able to do the same CL, but with the graphics, even Valam not. Moreover, we already have so — called CRS, but there can be pumped by the third-party patches. But personally I have no desire to play it. I never went CRS not played properly even a little bit. Although the differences, it would seem, it is minimal.
If possible a good, canonical remake of the CL, but with the graphics and detail, it is only on the engine of the original. In General, such a project even exists, Half-Life FX called, but they converted only two cards (I think it was not the goal of the project) and screwed effects, that's all died down. Was still mod Lost in Black Mesa at its base, impressive facial joints, but desired a more powerful PC %)
BMS and for me personally, it's almost HL3 :D cannot wait, and why is it needed if there is such chic fashion? Not without flaws of course, but still. Looking at this mod, I will not say that this fan facial joints, so everything worked. Maybe they simply overdid it, working on it )) Seriously, they should not have to position your mod as a remake of the CL. Would be better if they wrote that it the game at least it's honest.

C
Cvoxalury 31.10.19

like the soundtrack for romance

Add this gentleman of the Internets and a lifetime subscription to HL3. (ahahaha life an not wait)))). I thought no one else was able to recognize tradewaste this OST! Completely call almost brilliant!

I doubt that anyone is able to do the same CL, but with the graphics, even Valam not.

I am convinced that this is possible. Just Bersniki generally rested solely in the locations and moments, completely ignoring the atmosphere of a secret research center, the atmosphere of the Cold war. Here feel americanscott came out well (but that's just part of the atmosphere and differences from HL2), but holodnokatanoj center in any. If I may say so, BMS failed to do was old enough, I see this as a major problem. I think that a remake of the CL is possible, 100%. It will be different, Yes, but it will be a better remake than BMS. It POPs too much. Just overdone and permasmile.

IMHO, if you are not satisfied with the BMS, then a) it indicates the taste b) it remains to wait only a Dark Interval.

A
Alert 31.10.19

Well, at least DDG appreciated BMS. But at the expense of the soundtrack I agree. I immediately cut down... Yes, there... I have it in the original cut because I didn't know that the first CL is music and after playing HL2, I bought a license the first CL, where he heard the music that was in HL2 and I couldn't listen to him because at this moment thought about HL2.

x
xDDGx 31.10.19

Well, at least DDG appreciated BMS.
Y SO SLOW? I have done it when it just came out:
http://forums.playground.ru/half-life_2/mods/564403/#comment-10349510

Soundtrack Yes, disappoint. And earlier on their website hung a pair of more or less normal tracks, something I do while playing didn't notice... Lost amid the rest?

and I couldn't listen to him because at this moment thought about HL2.
LOL, it's so hard? :D And in principle we can insert any audio-CD, CL will play tracks from there.

T
T.T.G 31.10.19

The first half struck. Sorry, but the second paste such a wow factor had.
With what pleasure smashed the crowbar office equipment and looked at what was inside)

C
Cvoxalury 31.10.19

Well, at least DDG appreciated BMS

Everyone has the right to be wrong.

J
JetRanger 31.10.19

In my opinion, the jumps (and even the player's movement) in EP2 was ruined, isn't it?
Don't really remember (played it for a long time and one time only). But in any case, there's this thing is better than BMS.

But Yes, after powercaddy physics of the player the quack and CL movement across worlds of modern shooters, it seems as though the player was wearing armor...
:)) Just remembered the mini-soap Opera If DooM was done today on YouTube - aldana parody of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.

Like me this annoyed Bioshok, just beyond words
It's probably a legacy from an even more retarded System Shock 2. They are the same type of ideological relatives.
Still Unreal 2 me, remember, my Jogging just infuriated me. )) Could walk faster continuously digitise forward, with a corresponding continuous groaning GG.

In BMS is still not so bad, I don't recall I got a feeling of stiffness.
Well, run there quickly, but the jump is not drawing in the legs, almost no sense, stumble, unaccustomed to even small debris. And the mappers it there generously scattered, - all sorts of planks, boxes... IN HL2 somehow it was easier, and jumped.

Although I BMS only once passed
Oh, and I have not mastered until the end... somewhere on the Surface Tension scored and then sat down at CL.

Yes, it's not CL. But why do we need another CL?
I meant the same CL in terms of trivalosti. Yes that there, I would be more happy creative improvisation on the part of BMT. Unfortunately, much of what they changed or added purely their own, is somehow... I don't know how to say it. This is not a hack, just in BMS more attention went to the scenery, not the gameplay.

I never went CRS not played properly even a little bit. Although the differences, it would seem, it is minimal
I for one pass was enough. The differences are all for the worse: too bright near the light sources, the enemies no death animations and dismemberment, the water from HL2 is absolutely not suitable locations HL1, soundtracks terminate at the downloads, there is no atmospheric ambient and echo, in the premises of Xena's some purple haze, controllers flew too close, inviting the shotgun... Phew, all these differences are not so minimal!

Looking at this mod, I will not say that this fan facial joints, so everything worked
Wow, completely opposite impression. )) I have all sorts of purely Amateur flaws and conspicuous.

If I may say so, BMS failed to do was old enough, I see this as a major problem.
This is probably due to some suspicious clean textures of the walls and floor in all sorts of utility rooms, offices, etc. For comparison, in HL2 the way it was? Looking at a pile of junk somewhere in the corner, and clearly understand that all this lying around here for a long time. But BMS is also looking for a bunch of junk somewhere in the corner, and it looks like its just thrown in there.

PS: Actually, even kind of weird with the Black Mesa Team turns: with so many challenges, coped, and made a blunder in the more simple things.

Y
Ya Betmen 31.10.19

And for me sucks. There is raisin, their chips are some sort of so to speak. Captain jester, do not interesnye puzzle, creature prisasyvaet to the brazen head the whistle of the movie Alien. The same CODE is of course also the bellboy, but the performance and the wow-effects do their job.

J
JetRanger 31.10.19

There is raisin, their chips are some sort of so to speak.

Oh slay! )))) Yes, Half-Life is continuous chips with raisins.
Although I understand this is just a joke. If anything, minusovat not me. ))

PS: Headcrabs on facehuggers similar like, sorry, shit on your finger. And about CoD - I played the first Modern Warfare (said to be the best in the series), and even to the middle is not reached and scored. It's crazy shooting in monotonous grey scenery (by the way, I hate the filters), without the slightest scope for gameplay experimentation and improvisation. Halfa compared to Code-om - right sandbox.

Y
Ya Betmen 31.10.19

JetRanger
Which is not a joke. It not something memorable. Not really the plot is so exciting? Or riddle falls short of the level of silent hill or Darksayders? And the CODE I as an example of a corridor shooter brought, I also do not consider varied and exciting in terms of gameplay.

x
xDDGx 31.10.19