3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Dankan79 13.03.21 12:49 am

Is the damage hit at random? (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

I started playing at maximum difficulty, and noticed that an enemy of the same level and type can inflict completely unpredictable damage! For example, wolves: (the level of all wolves is the same), when I fought with them, they took off about a third of my health with one hit, at the next skirmish with the same wolves, the wolf took 90% of my hp from the blow, and when I was cured, it completely flunked with a blow, and then after a while I met a wolf, so he took me down only 10-15%! How is this explained? It was the same with ghouls, when one of them, being of the second level, suddenly almost killed with one blow, although the previous blows did little damage! I didn’t change the equipment, and I didn’t change anything at all.
8 Comments
Sort by:
_
_TEZ_ 13.03.21

Dankan79
They also probably have a chance for a critical attack.

T
Teranaft234 13.03.21

I also noticed in NG +, wolves have become the most difficult opponents for me, it is not possible to lower the block, they attack from all sides, they take off health very quickly. I also encountered the inexplicable when I was looking for drawings of the armor of the Griffin 1, task 65 lvl, the first ghosts of 62 lvl in the catacombs, and behind the wall already 75 lvl with a red skull, the earth trembled and the witcher died. It was loaded, already all the ghosts of the same level 62 lvl, that it was never understood.

D
Dankan79 13.03.21

_TEZ_
This explains the random strong hits, but I also noticed that the same enemies, especially in groups, when they meet, can cause completely different damage

_
_TEZ_ 13.03.21

Dankan79
Random, all enemies with their own damage, well, that's what I think.

B
Bupycop 13.03.21

Dankan79
Relic teeth with 3 slots imho ...

A
Artem4eG1994 13.03.21

Dankan79
I don’t know about ghouls, but about wolves I’ll say that they can be different in one pack. I mean, as I understand they have one "leader" per pack, if you take ordinary wolves, then he is brown, while all the others are gray. This wolf is thicker and deals more damage, although it has the same level as that of the whole pack. It also seems to depend on where the blow falls, if more damage goes to the back.

A
ARONDIT 13.03.21

Artem4eG1994
The brown-colored leader (Varg) is three levels higher than ordinary wolves, in velena there are a pack of wolves of the fifth level, and the warg has the eighth.

V
Vaselinski 13.03.21

It may depend on the weather, since drowned people move farther from the swamps in the rain.