3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
TimKar 13.03.21 01:40 am

Video card overheating (*) (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Can you please tell me why the palit nvidia geforce gtx 680 video card can heat up. The sistemnik cleaned the dust, changed the thermal paste the other day, but it still heats up to 90 degrees in the game (data from msi afterbahner). Before changing the thermal paste, the computer rebooted 2 times by itself. As soon as the thermal paste was changed, the reboots seemed to disappear, but the video card still heats up, bp at 550v, through the case you can very well feel how the coolers work, you can feel the cold. The system engineer is only 2 years old. Thank you in advance.
65 Comments
Sort by:
V
Victor Tsoi 13.03.21

Perhaps there is something with the most vidyuha, or a kapets suits her.

V
Victor Tsoi 13.03.21

saa0891
Well, even if it is a Trojan, then the computer may be watered (this is, of course, if there is no antivirus), and so it may be watered.

c
cumAr 13.03.21

Don't listen to anyone, 90 degrees is a lot, a little more and it can burn out, my palit gtx 680 heats up to 77 degrees under load, and at idle 32. download ThunderMaster from http://www.palit.com/palit/thundermaster. php? lang = ru and set up the fan in this way https://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/103922/22336241.2/0_d0912_b962597d_orig.png

T
Teranaft234 13.03.21

cumAr
Agree!

T
Teranaft234 13.03.21

Genom94
If the vidyakhe is already decent, then you need to scalp, this can be done in any competent SC.
Scalping is removing the cover from the GPU to replace the thermal paste or thermal pad between the die itself and the cover. Rather, it dried up and an air gap formed there, hence the temperature drives.

p
pervosid 13.03.21

I have a 780 Palit Super Jetstream. Heats up to 75. The card is 2.5 years old. Recently I caught a miner, immediately 85 and the noise of the turbines. Clean up Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool. But the witcher should be warmed up.

T
TimKar 13.03.21

NorthernSky
Thank you, your method helped a lot, now it heats up no higher than 75 degrees.

M
MagicHero 13.03.21

Genom94
put the EVGA Precision X program in it, you can at the same time overclock the video card or slow it down and make several profiles, depending on what you are playing. And as for the temperature, then there you can set the maximum temperature (prioritize the arrow to put down and press APPLY, if you set it to constant then save the profile with these parameters) http://s019.radikal.ru/i641/1606/98/a428ca2937b0.jpg I so I set myself 78 and the video card did not heat up anymore, otherwise it happened on hot days in the witcher above 80 rose. And somehow in the Witcher 3 I set the limit to 65 degrees and so that you would think, it did not heat up above 65 :)

T
TimKar 13.03.21

MagicHero
Thank you

F
Fatcannabis 13.03.21

Screw all the way

p
pekabir 13.03.21

check for miners

T
TimKar 13.03.21

there
are no miners, except for the game, nothing else loads the computer.

p
pekabir 13.03.21

Genom94
try to play with the internet off

M
MagicHero 13.03.21

Genom94
for temperature control you can use CPUID HWMonitor program. It shows the temperature not only of the video card, but of the entire system: the processor, hard drives, as well as the voltage on all components. You just start the program and then the game and when you exit the game, the program will show the maximum values ​​that have been reached.

I
Iskander2015 13.03.21

Genom94
Exactly what helped! Since you reduced the voltage! The card began to work at 85% (the load on the power subsystem of the video processor (GPU) has decreased, that's all the focus) from a possible 100%, try to rent another power supply unit from a friend. Your main task !!! make the card work 100% (for games) and no less, otherwise instead of 680GTX there will be 670GTX or even lower - and this is not correct a priori

S
StormX07 13.03.21

Can try to update the BIOS of the video card. You can also remove the additional power supply and see whether the video card will work or not. If it will be possible to leave it and it will not be heated.

Still, all the programs of the GPU temperature by default heat the video card.

K
Kahran ramsus 13.03.21

Genom94
Iskander2015 is right, you just downgraded the card and lost 10-15% FPS, but the problem remains. In general, according to your posts, it seems that your temperature / rpm curve is incorrectly built. Check carefully if you have a manual mode for the speed of the video card coolers in any tuners like the afterburner of Nvidia, etc. And even more in detail about the simple: 35-40 simple are constantly fighting or from 35 starts to grow up despite the fact that you are not doing anything at all? If so, the cooling pipe could burst.

T
TimKar 13.03.21

KoranRazmus is
not, in idle time it does not grow. And can it be that, for example, Windows has not been demolished for a long time or the power supply is already weakening?

K
Kahran ramsus 13.03.21

Genom94
Spontaneous reboots, Windows crashes or video driver errors, yes, but definitely not vidyuhi overheating. Have you thought of uploading photos? (They won't be superfluous)

T
TimKar 13.03.21

KoranRazmus
Well, before changing the thermal paste, the computer rebooted itself 2 times.