3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
v
virus2007943 13.03.21 01:42 am

About the game * without spoilers * (Mirror's Edge Catalyst)

Good afternoon, everyone, and today I would like to raise such a topic ... "Is it worth taking Catalyst?"

I have just completed the passage of "Catalyst" and I can safely say that from the first part there is only parkour and general style. The passage took about 5 hours, including collisions with opponents at random moments and disabled hints "on the way". The game has both pros and cons.

I propose to start with the pros:
+ Parkour - you feel like a real tracer, flying over fences, pipes and other obstacles. The basis of the game is speed. More speed - easier to overcome obstacles.
+ Style - the style of play refers to the analogue of "1984" with its totalitarianism and "equilibrium" with its sterility (I know that 1984 is the inspirer of Equilibrium, like 451 according to F.). Everything is bright, everything is smooth, there are glass and reflections all around ... All this does not harm the game when you rush around the city.
+ Optimization - I play on core i7-5930k, 16gb ddr5, gtx780Ti- on all ultra spans normal, 60+ fps in fullHD

That's all of the pros. Now about the cons:
- The combat system - according to the idea of ​​the game, the main character is a simple "runner", i.e. she should not join the battle, and if she does, then in case of emergency, while taking away the luli, t. although with a tough disposition, she is still a fragile girl. Well, in fact ... In fact, the feeling that you are playing for a Thai trance tk. no matter how many opponents are on the way (1, 4, 10) - they all fall with 1 or 4 hits, sometimes even without our help. "Hunters" (the strongest opponents) are the only ones with whom it is interesting to play. But having opened the "race behind the back" - you can consider yourself immortal. all opponents are servants of the sect "I love to stand with my back and look for you where you are not."
- Pumping - it is simply not needed here. The necessary skills are given according to the plot, and the main ones (somersault when falling) can be opened after 20 minutes of the game. It is worth noting that at the beginning of the game, 50% of the skills are already unlocked.
- The plot - no spoilers. He's just bad. The characters are enraged, the plot does not go deep, and Faith rushes back and forth throughout the game. Why rush - the question is open to everyone. The phrases are written with templates, the characters (except for the small robot Plastic) are not able to get rid of the pathos and do not evoke any compassion. I am silent about the ending. In a word, this is such a "Divergent" (hello BadComedian) from DICE. She is not like everyone else, everything depends on her, at first no one needs her, then everyone needs her ... You yourself will understand.
- Open world - at first I thought that the open world is great. Parkour, chases, roofs, metropolis! Not. The developers want players to be creative when they choose the path, but it's all up to you. The wrong ledge is death. The wrong path is death. No hook - death. Jumped from the wrong place - death. It's still the same corridor, but now they tease you with freedom, but they don't give it. Nobody will chase after you about the chase. More precisely, opponents jump out of doors, jump from a helicopter, but do not chase after you. Only a pathetic drone is chasing you, which shoots obliquely. It would be great if the opponents had a "runner" that would chase you over the rooftops ... But it doesn't. And the world is empty. And the people around are mannequins. The photo will be below.
- BAGI - how many times have I died because Faith wasn't clinging to ledges or getting stuck in walls! It cannot be described in words. Once the opponents jumped off the roof together for the purpose of mass suicide, then from the helicopter they landed directly into the "abyss". By the way, do you think that if the enemy is thrown off the roof, he will fall onto the street and lie there? Not. They fall through the streets, get stuck in the walls, beat each other and amuse us in every way.

Take the game? I do not recommend. The first part brought a new surge of emotions to the gaming industry. There is nothing in this part. The plot, the meaning, the replayability, the interest ... This is not. Yes, my opinion may not coincide with yours, but to be honest, I am a fan of the 1st part, but the 2nd one is extremely upset.

2 Comments
Sort by:
v
virus2007943 13.03.21

_
_Ozymandias_ 13.03.21

The last 2 pictures are screenshots. Seriously? Have you heard about screenshots? As for the text itself, I agree in half, I didn't expect so much from the restart. She supposedly pumped bittsuha while she was in prison. About pumping, well, this is not an RPG where, without pumping, you are a weakling and a vegetable.