3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
H
HoganHog 13.03.21 01:52 am

AMD Mantle in Battlefield 4 (Battlefield 4)

Well guys (Atishniks-Radeonschiki) who tested, how are the results?
http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx
This video is not an effective result!
I tried it myself, and went back to Direct X!
With Api mantle, the game does not go smoothly, and these numbers (in my case 200 fps) are crap!
Many are already in a terrible delight ... an ode to performance, oh, what a ... and if you remove fps from the monitor screen (so as not to be distracted by such numbers), then you quickly return to reality!
Again, even invented - lizhba excel!
I remember Radeon came up with Morphological filtering - when they could not do anything with anti-aliasing in the game in the 2nd Company-tops, they came up with this closure, until now AMD's CCC-center is listed as a fucking unnecessary function ... again they decided to distinguish themselves .... interesting in general, in connection with what such an idea was born to them, it remains only to come up with Windows AMD and everything is "complete independence from everything and everyone" ... let's see what happens next!
Of course I could be wrong! Maybe this pack only works on R series cards //// works fine ... it plows on mine (my config), but who knows how it should be!
19 Comments
Sort by:
t
tesla707 13.03.21

when I wrote here that I was analyzing mantle and how it is implemented in the executable of the game, in fact, here is the result. In the thief topic there is my message with the initialization of api mantle http://forums.playground.ru/thief_2014/819985/#comment-11894537, please test and unsubscribe about the results.

[
[_LeoN_] HUNTER 13.03.21

And if I have an R7770, I need to download this patch to the mantle, or can I finally switch to gtx760?

t
tesla707 13.03.21

[_LeoN_] HUNTER
can be tried. Mantle is designed for not strong processors (2 physical cores, no 3 caches, etc.). In such cases, the increase in fps is usually about 25-35%. But on the other hand, as I understand it, you have a GTX760. Why then try to run something on the HD7770, cards of a completely different class.

[
[_LeoN_] HUNTER 13.03.21

tesla707
Just why strain a new card if you can finish off the old one

t
tesla707 13.03.21

[_LeoN_] HUNTER
strain? Come on. What pity her then. In 3-4 years it will not be enough for games (as now there are not enough video cards 3-4 years ago), so there is no point in keeping it in the package, play for fun.

[
[_LeoN_] HUNTER 13.03.21

tesla707
Well, on gtx760, it is also not particularly possible to play without glitches, in bf 4 this is not uncommon ... although I have 7770 enough for thief freezing sometimes, but you can play, the last NSF, crysis 3 go almost to ultra, only the quality of the shadows of the water is removed and everything is fine, the splinter cell blacklist goes at maximum speed and does not slow down

m
mister611 13.03.21

Today I installed a new video card and decided to try this Api mantle. There are simply no impressions: what's on direct 11, what's on mantle - the same. I think the drivers are still too beta (raw). In general, I did not notice the difference.

t
tesla707 13.03.21

FucNato
what is most interesting with Thief 2014 is the opposite - on mantle it goes much smoother than with jerks on directx.

m
mister611 13.03.21

Guys, put new firewood 14.4 (WHQL) certified, http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+7+-+64
Mantle works fine, without any complaints, today 3 hours from I played on it in BF4. There are no visual or other differences from Direct 11, however, I did not notice an increase in performance either, but it depends on the hardware.

F
FuckNato 13.03.21

In the test client BF4 CTE "mantle" works norms, gives an increase in FPS and the ability to increase settings at 110-120% resolution. In the usual BF4 switching to "mantle" caused the effect of slowing down the picture.

m
meagarry 13.03.21

I used to always play on DH11. After I recently updated the driver for 14.4, I went to the BF, I play for myself. But I feel that the picture sometimes slows down. And then after 5 minutes the game crashes with some kind of error about mantle and no longer starts. Only the reboot helped. I went into the setup - there the mantle was installed. Put back DH11 and everything is OK. Card 7770. Maybe this token is for R series cards.

F
FuckNato 13.03.21

meagarry
Mantle consumes a lot of memory, I have 7870 2G. at the peak up to two Gig (2048 MB) - "green" charts from User.cfg. Hence the micro braking.

m
mister611 13.03.21

FucNato
The BF4 uses as much video memory as the video card allows and I think it has nothing to do with slowdowns. On the old system, I had a cross from a pair of 6950 with 2GB of video memory on each, the game consumed 3.6-3.7 GB, when the cross was turned off, i.e. on one video card, the game consumed 1.7-1.8 GB. On a real video card with 4GB on board, it consumes 3.8 GB of video memory. At the same time, there were no slowdowns in any of the indicated methods of starting the game, except perhaps due to clumsy servers, but the game itself was not to blame for that. I play Mantle on the new card, I didn't see any difference in video memory consumption from Dx11.

F
FuckNato 13.03.21

mister611
On DX11.1 "there are no slowdowns, I lowered the settings, anyway. There are no delays when the player or the mouse moves! In short, I turn off the mantle in the game, nerves are more expensive. On the mantle, FPS jumps from 105 to 40, on Dx11.1 it is less.

m
mister611 13.03.21

FucNato
Means poorly optimized firewood for Mantle for different maps. Promoted, but is this technology needed at all? According to the tests posted on the network, one thing, in practice, did not notice any increase at all. Enough and direct with the head. Maybe they will fix it, if there is support in the games, but if not, they will forget (which is more likely).

m
mister611 13.03.21

Today the next update of the game was installed, a gig with something. The game is all right, but I noticed in the video settings options - the choice of Dx or Mantle was gone.

m
mister611 13.03.21

With the installation of the latest DLC Dragon's teeth, the Dx / Mantle choice is back.

K
KlausBarbie 13.03.21

I don’t know with DX 11 it normally drags .... c mantle slows down .... well, somehow strangely pulls the screen .... fuck it needed .. and where is the increase in FPS xs .... mzh in the wood problem fig knows ...

v
vladimir22666 13.03.21

I don't understand how you measure FPS on Mantla, if it is impossible to display the FPS counter on it