3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
-
-Al-ex- 19.03.21 10:39 pm

Guys tell me about reading SSD in the game. (Assassin's Creed: Valhalla)

I bought Valhala yesterday, installed it on a new ssd and by now I have played 8 hours. I went to AIDA64 to see how things were going with the disk and saw that the game had read 200+ GB of data during the time that I was playing. Tell me is this normal and does this amount of reading per day affect the ssd itself? Thanks in advance if you can help.
4 Comments
Sort by:
S
SonyK_2 19.03.21

-Al-ex-
-Al-ex- wrote:
I went to AIDA64 to see how things were with the disk and saw that the game had read 200+ GB of data during the time that I was playing ...
A separate disk for games, or on it and the OS is installed ? - if with the system, the reading volume will be higher. The game has installed protection - in addition to reading game data, there may be an additional load from it.
... does such a read volume per day affect the ssd itself? ...
Read operations, if they do, are significantly less than write operations (if at all). The volume of all data written to the disk (its "lifetime") will primarily depend on the type of memory - on a cheaper one, the number of records will be lower.

-
-Al-ex- 19.03.21

SonyK_2
I bought a second ssd specifically for games. So it only has two games Horizon Zero Dawn and Valhalla. Maybe yubisoft has such an engine, since in Horizon Zero Dawn in 5-6 hours it read 20-30 GB, which is almost 10 times less?

S
SonyK_2 19.03.21

-Al-ex-
-Al-ex- wrote:
... Maybe Yubisoft has such an engine, since in Horizon Zero Dawn in 5-6 hours it read 20-30 GB, which is almost 10 times less?
The amount of data read will depend on the games themselves and the talent (or hands-on) of the developers who made them. Was the disk bought for use, or to read every byte written / read on it? - if worried, check the technical condition from time to time. Once a week, month, etc. - not necessarily every day, and even more so after every game. And in order to be less afraid - either buy more expensive discs from well-known manufacturers, or with a greater guarantee (or better, both).

-
-Al-ex- 19.03.21

SonyK_2
The disc was bought for games, so let it work, but don't care about dust and so on. I just didn't think that games can read so much data a day. Actually, I climbed in Yandex, they write that reading does not affect ssd, only writing. Thanks for the answer!
Kingston A400 480GB drive.