3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
v
vidik1122 30.03.21 04:32 pm

misunderstandings with cooling.

Good day, can anyone tell me. I got a KF2A RTX 2080 TI DUAL WHITE. PROBLEM IN GAMES AND OTHER APPLICATIONS LIKE NOT NOTED. BUT .... as soon as the temperature approaches 80 degrees of the cooler, such sensations go to supersonic. the noise is simply unbearable. and after a while everything repeats. I tried to manually set the speed of the cooler. I put 80-85 percent, the interval becomes smaller, but all the same, the speed then increases. I don’t catch this kind of cooling or maybe a problem in the video card? I didn’t find anything about this in the net .the owner assures that she and he have so much work. before that I had a msiay 1080ti. there at 70 percent of the cooler rpm the temperature fluctuated 78-82 degrees, but the noise was just several times quieter. can someone tell me where to dig? a bunch of tests, games, no crashes, no artifacts,the temperature does not exceed 80 degrees.
17 Comments
Sort by:
A
Arti 30.03.21

Well, at 80-85% rpm - noise is inevitable, as it seems to me. Set your mode in the MSI afterburner curve and so that the cooler works at the peak no higher than 70%

v
vidik1122 30.03.21

the noise is very strong. about the afterbener, I understood. I kind of tried it, but so, fluently maybe something I did wrong did not help. I just don’t understand. I put 80-85 percent of the cooler. noise is yes. it is tolerable. but it’s not enough to keep the pace is within 80. In principle, I don’t care if it were even higher, but I repeat, some kind of turbo mode is automatically turned on and this is just a kick-ass.

M
Marsj 30.03.21

Disabling the rpm 0 auto function should help, and 80 degrees is hot, you need to try to drive it to 70 degrees.

L
Listoman 05.04.21

After reaching the threshold of 80 ° C in the biwass of the card, a mode is sewn in which 100% of the revolutions are turned on, you cannot remove this through ab. Do an undervolt or somehow improve the flow of cold air into the case)

A
AnPei 05.04.21

vidik1122
When the thermal paste dries up or other problems with the thermal interface, then somewhere in the BIOS of the video card, an increase in the speed of the turntables is clogged to keep the temperature no more than 84 grams. using programs to regulate is useless. Find a review of your video card, see the maximum RPM of the turntables, start gpu-z, go into the game, play and see the maximum RPM, compare them. Replacing the thermal interface is not a cheap pleasure, there is a risk of tearing the thermal pads, I had to prepare for the purchase and learn everything about this video card in advance. The fact that the temperature is 80 gr. with a lot of noise, then at max .84 it will make noise like a helicopter.

l
longerr2007 05.04.21

The people above correctly say: most likely, there is poor ventilation of the case. Even with dried thermal paste, with proper blowing, such temperatures should not exist.

v
vidik1122 05.04.21

figured out. but partly. the problem is that the fans are not regulated. from the word at all. I tried both the afterbahner and the extreme tuner. I already set the curve in the range of 60-80 degrees for 80 percent of the cooler. it does not react in any way. it works only when the tempo to 80 fits. the same tried to manually set the turns of the valves nifiga. you press to accept, they increase for a second and immediately subside. and they start to work at full longer when the rate increases to 80. for nonsense. before that there was msiay 1080 ty duke everything is fine there regulated ...

M
Marsj 05.04.21

vidik1122
Do the fans work before starting the game or not?

v
vidik1122 05.04.21

yes. I suppose I set the speed to 100, he immediately starts such revolutions and after a second resets to default. As I understand it, the dog is buried in the bios of the vidyuhi?

G
GG4 05.04.21

vidik1122
The temperature is extremely high, it should not be heated above 63. Change the cooling, preferably for dropsy and put things in order in the case.

v
vidik1122 05.04.21

vsmyshle. high is not high, it suits me. the bottom line is that the coolers do not react to the settings. from the word at all. they should be controlled by love.

M
Marsj 05.04.21

vidik1122 It is
advised to put an EVGA Precision X1, it looks like this is a blocking of fan regulation from the manufacturer
Spoilerhttps: //www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/discover/283486/rtx-2080ti-fan-working-but-no-and- no-control-possible /

v
vidik1122 05.04.21

I'll try it now

v
vidik1122 05.04.21

Marsj
thank you very much. What you need. Everything started to work.

M
Marsj 05.04.21

vidik1122
Please, Ficell partially solved the problem, but did not solve the riddle.

v
vidik1122 05.04.21

Marsj,
in general, I also hurried a little) the revolutions of the coolers began to be regulated. But this turbo crap all the same turns on. Moreover, the temperature, judging by the readings, is 75 degrees. I have already reduced the limit to 90 and increased the temp target to 87. All the same turns on ...

v
vidik1122 05.04.21

replacing the thermal paste and gaskets solved the problem.