3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Podvipodvertov 30.03.21 04:32 pm

Correct combination of side effects and plot. (Cyberpunk 2077)

I play Cyberpunk, I like everything, only there are so many side tasks, there are many different kinds of events, to find, eliminate someone, plus fixer orders, many original applications and events ... and I even scored on the main plot - the prologue passed, the city has completely opened and that's it, now I run freely and take on all applications. How will this affect the plot?
It's just that I got used to it, like in The Witcher 3 - I went into the village, let's say Velen, according to the plot, completed all the side effects there, then completed the plot, went further along the story in parallel making side effects on the way to the story quest. That is, as if the plot and the side effects went in parallel there for me, there was some kind of balance.
And here the system reminds me more of Skyrim - when you can put a bolt on the plot and do purely side effects, which I did there safely in due time - I completed all the side effects, and practically never touched the plot. It's just that it's good to have a lot of freedom, but I don't know what to grab onto.
My question is, how to find that line when you need to step back from the side effects and do a little plot? Well, so that all this goes in parallel.
For example, according to the plot, I still need to meet with some Chinese who saved me, and with whom we ran away from freaks in a convertible on a dump from freaks with pulls instead of hands.
So I haven't met him yet, but I'm already at level 18, because I'm doing side effects, and there are still a lot of them, I mean just fixer orders, there are just a lot of fucking.
It will not work so that I will then be the terminator of the 50th level, the plot will click twice?
How did you deal with it, how did you find the balance?
I play on high difficulty, the enemies sometimes give a heat, and it pleases.
7 Comments
Sort by:
A
AirStream 30.03.21

Do not care here for the order of passage of side effects, as in Skyrim. And the plot clicks "two times" regardless of the passage of the side effects, so do not worry. And so that enemies sometimes cannot even give heat, accelerate the power and the chance of crit on weapons to the maximum and / or dig deeper into the scripts (for example, under certain conditions, the "infection" script can stack enemies in batches in one use), just don't get too caught up in the cypher , like some, all the same at the moment about half of the perks do not work in full or in part, and the description in many guns is either incomplete or incorrect.

P
Podvipodvertov 30.03.21

AirStream
There are also such skills that I do not understand why they are at all, these are skills related to intelligence and hacking in general, such as some kind of demons, the speed of replenishment of something there, etc. There is generally a dark forest for me, I do not even climb there, and there are no normal explanations, they say, why this skill is needed and why to download it.
But I like combat here, for example, shooting, when after a shootout in a circle everything is destroyed, plaster, pieces of furniture, etc. Well, hand-to-hand too, nothing so, I like to shred enemies with a katana.
In general, well done in this regard, they have made a lot of destructible objects, otherwise recently in shooters you can throw grenades at everything, and the objects in a circle, as they stood sterilely intact, will remain.
Well, it's nice to see how hands - legs come off, tears bodies to pieces, heads are shredded, intestines, bones stick out - it's nice to look at it, a joy for the eyes!
I don’t understand why it’s even necessary to pump in intelligence and be like a hacker when there is such room for slaughter. I think when I pass the second time, I will again endure everyone by force.

Z
Zentrus 30.03.21

Podvipodvertov
Intellect and, accordingly, hacking are more needed for stealthy passage. For example, a script that turns off the enemy's optics for a few seconds helped me out more than once. You can also turn off the cameras, hack some element of the environment and distract enemies, etc.
At the expense of combining secondary / main quests: you can complete most of the currently available secondary quests, then 1 story quest. Between sideways, while moving from point A to point B (by the way, therefore, I do not recommend using fast travel), fulfill orders / requests for investigation that you met on the way. The balance is being respected, by the end of the plot, most of the most interesting quests / orders have been completed.

PS "The Chinese who saved you" is actually Japanese.

P
Podvipodvertov 30.03.21

Zentrus
And here on the map there are such marks, they are drawn in blue, such as a robbery, find evidence, eliminate bandits .... well, no one gives them, they themselves constantly appear in random places. So, are these small tasks - to kill, help the police, etc., unlike the fixers' applications, they endlessly appear, or is it possible to go through and close everything completely?
And then I will take out several gangs, then I look through a couple of levels, targets still appear nearby (blue clubs on the map).

U
U_Scarecrow_U 30.03.21

Podvipodvertov
Try the buildup through the intellect - the reaction is also a cool topic. It turns out straight a kind of horns from an MMO: before a cyberdeck fight, you quickly throw debuffs on enemies, and then with the blades of the praying mantis you cut out the entire crowd in 5-10 seconds, so much so that they do not even have time to understand anything. Well, or you can not with blades, but with some kind of revolver, you stupidly enter through the main entrance - all enemies immediately cut off their optics, wedge weapons, grenades explode on their belts, and you go practically into the wreck, and you break headshots for everyone, like John Wick)

UPD Blue icons are not endless, there are even achievements in the incentive to complete these side effects.

P
Podvipodvertov 30.03.21

U_Scarecrow_U
I think I 'll save these skills for the second pass.

M
MunchkiN 616 30.03.21

if the question is abstract about RPG-shaped games
then for games with a static world (where there are no procedural farm quests), the correct combination of a mine quest with all side quests is a total cleanup -> mine quest -> opening new quests, cleaning -> mine quest, etc. for the player. I myself also try to fully explore and squeeze the game out of the fear that something in the world will change and will be inaccessible and not blasted away. in the event that the game has a gradation by levels like the witcher 3, it means that it must be passed as intended by the developer. in theory, this is closed so that the player does not lose interest - because monotonous cleaning and systematic genocide is not the most interesting thing in life. In the case of Vedmak 3, some quests can finally break if you explore and vacuum the whole world without taking on the plot. I don’t think zonal gameplay is good in many cases (it’s what limits exploration and progress). adjustment of the world for the player is a separate evil. here I think a good philosophy is the classic Gothic games (but there was zonal gameplay) that all the mobs are about the same there are quests just like that there are moving the plot. irreversible changes occur with the movement of the plot in the world, it's sad but such is life.
for dynamic games where there are endless farm quests - the ideal type of games where the player is pumped and farm until he feels satiated and safe, and farm quests are usually needed so that the player does not fall into some trap of conventions and make himself constipated. (for example, in Diablo 1 you can make yourself impassable because there is no farm, and in Diablo 2 you cannot make yourself impassable.In the Inquisition, in theory, you could throw out something that was not provided for by the designer and seriously intervene, but thanks to the farm quests you can farm the power of the Inquisition and do not stick) for games of this type, the preferred tactic is run along the plot to a certain chapel - free play - continue running along the story - free play, etc.
I consider static complexity but exponential leveling requirement to be a good philosophy of such games. those at first you are weak and insignificant, but you quickly become better and turn into a normal pozona. and to become a superman and a god, the emperor will have to farm a couple of hundred hours. enemies at the same time will be static and the barm will be justified by greed by super enemies where the player will understand that this is a job for a superman. however, the game design should be assumed so that the main player will be a medium-strength character and have constant difficulties that sets a certain level of difficulty. tes in this sense has a problem - because the enemies swing behind the player and there is no point in pumping moreover, over time, the enemies become even thicker and he seems to be not very much.
Another example of a farming trap is probably Igor Bound Boo Flame. there is a very angry boss and the player who runs the game will face the problem that there are no healers and he is insignificant and there is nowhere to farm him without rolling back to early saves, which he could not do in any case, this is an unpleasant waste of time or an impassable game. and a player like me has been farming for several hours almost the maximum level and the maximum number of heals and reagents for them. The same thing happened in Mars Warlord where I found a place where you can run in circles with glorious enemies and rejoicing at the fate for several days brutally and purposefully beating, pulling out heals and loot until I was fed up and realized that it was not time to move on. and then already on the izi.

that before the cyberbuck, I think I would choose a tactic - a total cleanup, looting everything high in the prologue with a payment for a long time without starting the story missions. then, upon reaching a good leveling, the passage of the prologue. then every world and a sea of ​​quests will become available - completing them until the return to the plot is vomiting, then again a quicker farm is whiter, then a longer piece of the plot, a total cleaning of all points of interest and then finishing off the plot and the side projects that arise with it by the already god-like character multitrilliar with damage under 90,000 from the stealthy shelbon in endless nviz.