3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
t
trondale 30.03.21 05:23 pm

Roller problems (lag) (Subverse)

For some reason, all the videos in the game slow down and seem to chew on the sound. How to fix?
7 Comments
Sort by:
T
TrankDee 05.04.21

You're more fortunate. The remaining half of those wishing to see the videos of a "healthy person" got only a black screen

T
TheDarkness1994 05.04.21

trondale
In general, I unpacked the game, and there videos are all in 4K (3840x1624 30fps), maybe many computers do not pull it. I don't even know how else to explain it. And in general, they weigh a lot, all 4.5GB.

Spoiler

S
SonyK_2 05.04.21

TheDarkness1994
TheDarkness1994 wrote:
... unpacked the game, and there videos are all in 4K (3840x1624 30fps), maybe many computers do not pull it
Not necessarily "the computer does not pull", but most likely the video player built into the game (dynamic library) cannot scale clips for the desired resolution, or even crookedly done. I myself had this with another game - instead of video, there was one sound (black screen). I looked in the game folder - videos in 4K. Launched them in MPC-HC - they work without problems. What can be seen on MediaInfo is not very much (total stream ~ 40 Mbit / s) - it will not work unless the computer is very weak or old.

T
TheDarkness1994 05.04.21

SonyK_2
Most likely you're right, but you can check something. I can make a patch for this game with reduced quality of all videos. For example 720p and 1080p. For the test, you can replace one, people will check, if it does not lag, then it works.

S
SonyK_2 05.04.21

TheDarkness1994
TheDarkness1994 wrote:
... can make a patch for this game with reduced quality of all videos. For example 720p and 1080p. For the test, you can replace one, people will check, if it does not lag, then it works.
Better write TS about testing - it had problems. When you compress, it's better not to do output files with a high bitrate, otherwise someone on weak hardware will put these on ...;)

T
TheDarkness1994 05.04.21

So far, no answer, no hello, plus the network was on April 1.

S
SonyK_2 05.04.21

TheDarkness1994 wrote:
... no answer, no hello, plus it was online on April 1st.
Your business is to propose. If it works for you, but he does not answer - is there any point in bothering?