3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
GameFilmsPlus 30.03.21 09:40 pm

Why dice poker and arm wrestling were removed in The Witcher 3 (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

It was not a bad idea for mini-games in The Witcher 2 dice poker and arm wrestling, but the developers decided to remove them and introduce only one game of gwent, which is a pity. Although wandering around the world of Witcher 3, especially in taverns, you can see NPCs playing dice poker. but you cannot join them.
16 Comments
Sort by:
X
XBoy360 30.03.21

Roma Ilchenko
Well, there are still fights, not QTE, but even more interesting.

W
WarMachine2 30.03.21

Correctly decided not to clog up the gameplay, there are still races, which is much cooler and better for openworld.

a
ant240801 30.03.21

If you do these mini-games, then without quests for them, because in parts 1 and 2 they terribly enraged

G
GameFilmsPlus 30.03.21

XBoy360
WarMachine2
races and fights are all good, but all the same, Poker on the dice was removed in vain, especially since the people in the Witcher 3 they are played by the witcher himself. The wrestling on his hands was also well thought up, too, I think it was possible to leave. Hopefully someday the modders will fix it and find a way to add them to the game.

J
JOKERIVAN 30.03.21

Roma Ilchenko
"Arm wrestling" is the dumbest mini-game that has been in the witcher, completely one-button and spinal, which can only be played by the one who moves the mouse with his foot
"Poker on the Dice" Well, you came up with the name, already goosebumps, so what he was not bad, solid randomness, nothing depends on the player, absolutely
But the gwent just turned out to be just great, and if you compare how much time in the Witcher 3 is given to the gwent and how much time in the Witcher 1-2 is devoted to bones and wrestling on the hands , then you will see that the gwent is several times larger, it is much more elaborate (and interesting) than all other minigames combined
Here the fights in the Witcher 2 were the most spectacular in the series, but in the third the same game as in the first part (but at least there was a bonus for completing them all, and in the three-ruble note there is not even that), but at least you can lose, in the second 100 % victory was

A
Andrey Lis 30.03.21

Roma Ilchenko
Well, as far as I know, not everyone liked poker, and what's the point of introducing it? Gwent is much better, and too many mini-games will distract from the main gameplay. As for armwrestling, it is also not known what a brilliant idea: hold the pointer with the mouse in the indicated area and that's all. Fist fights in the second witcher were also far from ideal. Click on the buttons when they light up and that's it. In the third, at least one has to think in fights, freedom of choice is what and how to do ... more interesting! The races were also added to the increase. What else is needed?
PS I do not want to say that The Witcher 3 rules, and the Witcher 2 is in the furnace, the second witcher has completely passed 4 times, the third is now playing (I have not completely passed it yet), but IMHO 3 mini-games are implemented more interestingly.

X
XBoy360 30.03.21

Roma Ilchenko is
unlikely to be added in the future. Moreover, modders.

A
Andrey Lis 30.03.21

ant240801
Why? Quests just help to find rivals. Okay, even in the second Witcher with its chapters and, accordingly, small locations, but in the third, then with the open world, try to find someone to play with! And the prizes there give absolutely nothing. In addition, no one forces you to go through these quests, you want to go through, you want to screw it up. What is the problem then?

T
Tali Zorah vas Normandy 30.03.21

I liked dice poker, sorry they took it out.

P
Playersaharan 30.03.21

It is possible that in the second add-on new mini-games will be added (especially since the place of action implies some other entertainment besides brothels), including poker.

J
JOKERIVAN 30.03.21

Playersaharan
Amen, especially since there are no difficulties in adding "dice", a mini-game is for luck (random number generator), no balance is needed, no need to think

V
Vladimir Platonov 30.03.21

armwrestling infuriated me a little by the fact that my laptop lags a little ... and sometimes it was extremely difficult to play it, especially with a strong enemy, but bones are a cool thing =))

d
djjack 30.03.21

Arm wrestling, IMHO, nah is not needed, chi is not a strong man Geralt, there are men much healthier, even purely logical to think, and poker was cool, of course, as a child I loved to play such a painted game (yahtzee)

H
HandsomeRed 30.03.21

Bones and armwrestling really fit into the atmosphere, because they are more truthful entertainment for the inn and simpler than cards for nerds.

G
GameFilmsPlus 30.03.21

ElDeviant
that's it and also removed the opportunity to get drunk and indulge with fisshtech

M
Medoedick 30.03.21

Is there a mod that will return poker to the Witcher 3? I can't even find it, thank you in advance