3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
Farzik 05.04.21 10:07 pm

How do I test my graphics card before buying? RTX 3080 at a good price

Found it for 40,500 UAH, (111,500 rubles) in the store, they say that it is new. I received a notification in the mail that the card was available (At the end of last year, I pressed the button for them to notify of availability) Immediately placed an order. On the hotline (this is an analogue of the E catalog), the overall rating of the store is 7 out of 10, and the reviews are most positive. I myself bought the equipment there 2 times, everything works fine to this day. The store has its own pick-up point in my city. The operator declares that the video card is new, not used. Can you please tell me if you have any thoughts on how you can check it before buying? Of course, apart from visual inspection.
31 Comments
Sort by:
b
bazilews 05.04.21

No, just check the integrity of the package, that it was not opened and the seals on the bolts, that the card itself was not opened. But if the card is new, then there will be a guarantee, if anything ...

S
Sweety_Mustard 05.04.21

give them the rest of the kit, ask them to install / assemble your pc. For a fixed price, of course. If it's just "grocery", where vidyahi are given out at the checkout, then yes, no way.

F
Farzik 05.04.21

bazilews
about the guarantee, this is understandable, if suddenly they do not provide a check with a guarantee, I naturally will not take

b
bazilews 05.04.21

How will it not be ... ???
They are required to provide a check and a guarantee if this is a travel store, and not a sharashkin office ...

b
bazilews 05.04.21

And what kind of vidyuhi manufacturer?

k
kurskiy 05.04.21

New in the package - nothing, only the integrity of the package itself. Everything else after payment, so only on the honesty of the seller and a guarantee in which case.

M
Marsj 05.04.21

Link to the studio where 3080 are sold!)

L
Len4ik00N 05.04.21

Farzik
Farzik wrote:
if suddenly they do not provide a check with a guarantee, I naturally will not take.
Ideally, the guarantee must still be filled out correctly and the check must be fiscal, and not garbage on a4, but, as practice shows, even large and well-known stores on it is often clogged. Many stores buy reviews (if not all), especially on trading floors, so I would not advise you to focus on them, but having a physical point of issue is good.
Farzik wrote:
The operator claims that the video card is new, not used
This means that the card must be completely sealed and with all seals (you can watch the unpacking video before you go to pick it up to know exactly what, where and how it should be). You can also, for your own reassurance, look at the production date: if the card is "fresh", then it definitely should not be "returnable" / restored and no one would have time to memorize it (except for the manufacturer, perhaps))) it is possible, after purchase, through the manufacturer's website to check your purchase for a warranty history, but this is in case of extreme paranoia))

S
Sweety_Mustard 05.04.21

I don't understand the current - and oem komplektuhu are no longer sold anywhere?) And then here they put up on the packaging.

F
Farzik 05.04.21

Marsj is
out of stock there anyway. Literally, only a message came to the mail that they had a card, I immediately placed an order, and after agreement with the operator, it again became "out of stock"

F
Farzik 05.04.21

Len4ik00N
thanks

F
Farzik 05.04.21

Len4ik00N
and how can you find out the production date?

L
Life is shit 05.04.21

Farzik
Well, how do you check? If the official store, then they are responsible for everything. They will provide you with a guarantee ... In case of fraud, you can make a claim, return the money within 2 weeks, change it for the same, or at worst, sue the store.
111500 - This is how much I bought mine. But I have Asus Tuf gaming. And what kind of manufacturer is there? Given the modern markups - either Gnilobite or Palit. (

F
Farzik 05.04.21

Life is shit
yeah, gigabyte

L
Life is shit 05.04.21

Farzik
Average producer, although I respect them more than Palit. Product quality is average and varies from card to card. You can read yandex market reviews about them. A lot of negativity, but also good things come across. For this price, I would probably buy.

s
satanicgod 05.04.21

40k and 3080 sounds fantastic. There is no cheaper than 90k on the outlet. So it was considered that it was lucky not to get into some city.

F
Farzik 05.04.21

satanicgod
well, the outlet is very expensive. In other stores from 75

I
IngwardIn 05.04.21

Farzik
During the delivery of goods, inspect the fastening part, if it is painted and used, it will be seen, usually it is enough to fix the video card in the case once, so that the paint would be removed in this part. If it is glossy, I think the scratches will be visible anyway.
Before picking up the goods, look at the link on YouTube and make sure that the package matches.

You can also look at the pcie contacts, they say if it was exposed, then there will be small scratches, although to be honest I did not observe such even on my own, after removing it))
Be sure to make sure that there is a guarantee, although even if it is not there, then the law has not been canceled for 14 days either. Although in fact the video card is a complex component, according to the law, the RF-video card is not separately such, and during this period you can return the product, even if you simply did not like it.

Actively exploit it within 14 days. On the first power-up after installing the drivers, run it in the original furmark at the maximum settings, for 10-20 minutes, and monitor the temperatures and the image so that no flickering, artifacts and other things occur. It is advisable not to leave the card unattended.
If everything is ok, but this is not enough, then you can overclock the video card or undervolt and check its performance in this state, this can also contribute to identifying a malfunction or marriage of the video card.

I
IngwardIn 05.04.21

satanicgod
Eh, I have my 2060super still at a "normal" price in January, right on the last day, just before the deficit, I "snatched" for 52k 😅 and here 40k for 3080, I really want to cry.))

D
Denis Kyokushin 05.04.21

Farzik
You will come home and check in "hot" games. If any artifacts suddenly appear, or temperatures are higher than 90 °, then bring them back. But most importantly, shoot the monitoring just in case the seller asks for proof.
And yes, Giga does not put seals