3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
c
ceptey8520 05.04.21 10:16 pm

Constant BIOS loading

Bought a new mother (rog strix z390-f). At startup, it enters the BIOS every time. Save and exit (F10) does not help. In the "Storage Information" tab, the hard drive is marked, but when you try to enter the boot menu, the Boot Menu (F8) displays the System cannot find devices with the ability to boot. The line "Boot priority" is empty and gray, it does not allow anything to be done over itself. What to do?
Processor I7 8700
Motherboard Asus rog strix Z390-F gaming
2 Comments
Sort by:
P
Protocol10 05.04.21

ceptey8520
Under warranty, take it to the store

R
Ryazancev 05.04.21

ceptey8520
It's not all that simple there. You need to clearly understand what settings are set for loading by default. Legacy or Ufei. The config itself is where it was created for loading (a separate 100MB section is created when installing Windows). Well, there were also misunderstandings with Asus with us, only on the Z370F. I connected BIOS for the first time, until more or less stable firmware came out. Because the manufacturer himself is not able to test the entire zoo of equipment in different combinations and settings.
Try to UPDATE the microcode.
Reset to Default.
And then delve into the Boot Device settings.
Be sure to check if there is even a section on the media for downloading. And it happens that it is damaged under different circumstances.
But if you assembled and you need to roll Windu clean, all these manipulations during installation are not needed.
And for the Express check of the motherboard, any fast Booth CD (flash drive), Sergei Strelets, for example, is suitable. You make a bootloader, F8, a choice of a flash drive and everything for diagnostics is there. If necessary, upon request I can drop the Distributor on YandexDix.