3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Sergey Demyanov 05.04.21 10:16 pm

The weight of the game is 1GB, but 8GB of RAM is required, how is it? Is this even legal? (Valheim)

My game is running fine, but I have one question for discussion, was the game created by a developer who used to compress files? why a game that weighs 1GB requires 8GB of RAM in minimum salaries, and 16GB in the recommended ones, and the hardware requirements are so high, although the game looks like it was straight from the 2000s. Explain to me stupid, what's wrong with this game?
6 Comments
Sort by:
E
Ely maze 05.04.21

Sergey Demyanov,
as it were, the weight of the game does not affect the RAM,

even if the game weighs even 500MB, it can still require 8-16 RAM,

even though the game looks like a game of 2000-2005, it still came out at the age of 21 and therefore such systems

L
Lex-one 05.04.21

Sergey Demyanov
Heh, minecraft with mods and weighing 500 MB manages to eat 25 GB of RAM each.

m
m3dved 05.04.21

Well, it seems that RAM helps the processor to load the game world, but this open world requires at least 8 GB.

M
MunchkiN 616 05.04.21

interesting question. if procedural generation is involved in the game, then the game is somehow assembled into a certain structure and it can have a data volume greater than the content of the game for access to it through the CPU. Also, when calculating math, as I understand it, with a very limited amount of initial data, the requirements for the RAM are growing very strong. Therefore, the pitch of uchonichs tends to have much more ozu than the Pek of gamers.
Minya here is occupied with the question of how to compress 1,000,000 gigabytes to 80 GB where there is no quasi random stable procedural data and so that aperture is not needed 5 times more. pitch-pitch

k
kotasha 05.04.21

the game is compressed, plus the drawing of a large world, and the game's requirements for a video card are not surprising.

G
Gera007 09.05.21

Most likely it has something to do with dynamic data structures in the game program. They, if I may say so, appear and are filled in memory only while the program is running.