3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
O
Oxycanta 12.04.21 10:59 pm

Nightsmoke or how to turn DTGM into DR. (Diablo 2)

All the best. I found in my notes on D2 the reasoning and calculations of the classic rush sorc build for driving steam locomotives. Actually, I played it the current season (I played it because I don't play anymore, and not because the season is over). I will not describe the build in its entirety now, the other parts of the notes are rather meager. Ask if there is anything separately. One of the ideas was to turn damage taken goes to mana into a kind of damage reduce. full payment using only the Nightsmoke belt. Next, I give the calculation.

Download ES for 1 lvl and telekinesis for 1 lvl. In this case, the absorption is 20%, and the amount of mana spent by the shield for the absorption of 1 dmg = 2 mana.
Equip the Nightsmoke belt for the "50% damage taken goes to mana" ability, which replenishes mana when you take 50% damage.
We simulate the receiving of damage by the character. Let's say an attack is made on a char for 1000 dmg. 800 damage will take place in hp and 200 (20%) damage will be absorbed by the shield.
For 200 dmg, the shield will take 400 mana. Thus, the enchant gets -800 HP and -400 MP after ES. For 800 DMG received, the belt replenishes 400 mp (50%).
This is exactly as much as the shield eats for absorbing 20% ​​of damage. We can say that ES did not spend mana when absorbing. As a result, instead of 1000 damage, the spell received 800 damage. ES converts to pure 20% damage reduced!

Let us denote
h - number of hp subtracted after ES
m - number of mp subtracted by ES
r - number of mp recovered Nightsmoke
dmg - spell damage
es -% absorption
ct - mana cost when absorbing 1 dmg

Operations with interest
30% <20> - 30% of 20
(50-10)% <40 + 20> - 40% of 60

m = es% * ct
h = (100-es)%
r = 50% = 50% <(100-es)%>

For Nightsmoke to fully compensate for the shield MP, the condition must be met
m = r

es% * ct = 50% <(100-es)%>

Converting to normal algebraic form

es * (dmg / 100) * ct = 50 * (((100-es) * (dmg / 100)) / 100)
es * (dmg / 100) * ct = (((100-es) * (dmg / 100)) / 100) / 2
100 * dmg * (100-es) = 200 * dmg * es * ct
(100 * dmg) / (200 * dmg) = (es * ct) / (100-es)

(es * ct ) / (100-es) = 0.5
This is the main balance equation!

From here:
ct = (100-es) / (2 * es)

At the most effective level ES - 8, absorption = 55%.
ct = (100-55) / (2 * 55) ~ 0.4
i.e. in order for Nightsmoke to compensate for the MP spent on absorbing 55% of the damage, it is required that the shield spends 0.4 MP on absorbing 1 dmg.
The maximum possible value of ct = 0.75 with telekinesis of 20 lvl. Thus, full compensation at 55% absorption is not possible.

Let's calculate the maximum possible! At ct = 0.75, the absorption es = 40% is exactly, which corresponds to 5 lvl skill.
Total: The maximum possible setup for Nightsmoke's full compensation to work is
Telekinesis - 20 lvl
Energy Shield - 5 lvl
which is 40% damage reduced!

Create a table

Table of full ES compensation through Nightsmoke
ES lvl, TK lvl,% damage reduced
1, 0, 20
2, 8, 25
3, 14, 30
4, 18, 35
5, 20, 40

UPD: formatting ate the table. Edited. A comma is a column separator.

Perhaps someone was interested in the topic or just wants to try it. Additionally, I will add that I was as pleased as possible with my sorc.
26 Comments
Sort by:
H
Halachic bear Izya 12.04.21

I confirm.

D
Dobermn 12.04.21

useless

p
passed 12.04.21

And then the manaburn covered her.

I think I understand why someone rips enchant per CD.

The effectiveness of this shnyagi is highly dependent on resists. True, there is practically no physical cutter on the cell ... But ES in pvm and even without a decent manpool? No, thanks.

O
Oxycanta 12.04.21

passed, I
show the stats of this sork (

under-pumped it) I spend 7 mules (including the one that is constantly being dropped). Throw BO on top here and you get more than 1k mp. And the regen mp, as you know, depends on her number.

F
FludoTron 12.04.21

Oxycanta
Normal manapool for cl, especially for lvl 70. Xn really left the chat.

O
Oxycanta 12.04.21

FludoTron,
running under BO. I have dressed up barbs in the role of "holes". But this is already a topic of steam locomotion :)

p
passed 12.04.21

Well, at least a full EU on a scrabkore. To each his own.
And what about the machinations with the 7 mule? Manage to keel before you fly out, and that's all.

S
Sweety_Mustard 12.04.21

Oxycanta wrote:
bdsmcore
Spoiler

O
Oxycanta 12.04.21

I will add an explanation to one point
Oxycanta wrote:
With the most effective level ES - 8, absorption = 55%.
Where did it come from that lvl 8 is the most effective? If you draw a graph of the dependence of the% of absorbed damage from the lvl of the skill, you can see that the derivative falls after the 8th lvl. Those. the increase in% of damage absorbed begins to decrease. Up to level 8 (inclusive), the increment is 5% for each level. Starting from the 9th lvl, it already sinks to 2% / lvl.

3m3m 12.04.21

Oxycanta
a powemy tak malo hp to? esli 1 xren lvinaya dola damaga prohodit v hp, a mana tak i ostaetsa full, prowe imet norm hp i menweii manapool, ne?

O
Oxycanta 12.04.21

3m3m,
1. Sork is under-pumped , because She has 70th lvl, but needs 80th. I scored ahead of time.
2. A large amount of mana solves the problem with its severe lack of mana on the classics. Even the usual TP is not enough. You always have to fill inventory with full bottles of mp. Constantly tug at them. Fly to the city for a complete upgrade. It really bothered me.
3. I run under the BO. If you add more stats with the expectation of the 80th lvl and a little if you want to throw it out of energy (here everyone chooses according to their feelings), then you get enough hp and a huge bunch of mp.

3m3m 12.04.21

Oxycanta
y moei sori na cl 1k hp i 650mp

O
Obsession Fan 12.04.21

Oxycanta
You are so funny)) I brought to the public a certain "innovative" approach to construction) During the discussion, I received a very rational comment from Passed, which can not even be called criticism)) Then you decided to add mystery to the approach ...) wigs with the same shirt, but you acted nobly, and did not reveal all the cards on how to bring this masterpiece to perfection)) ahaha))
And continued by saying that "not even" to breed SC vs HC shit, you just slipped into the bottom with bondages and latex))
So I'm embarrassed to ask, what did you expect then? General recognition, delight, and applause?)))
Over the years of existence of this forum, such shots have been drawn here that yours is just childish babble) read the same Enzel, but there is one nuance .... you are just a know-name here who decided to show off, but a respected person passed here!)

O
Oxycanta 12.04.21

Guys, I re-read the topic and it turned out to be completely unfriendly. I admit a lot of my guilt.
Did you not like that I mentioned a build that I didn’t want to describe? I did this in order to just partially describe where I generally applied this very Nightsmoke. There is no description of the build, I have not visited the server for a long time, so I don’t remember all the details. Only here's a note on Nightsmoke and some more rough notes. If you have any specific questions - ask, I'll tell you if that. Yes, I once wanted to make a full and detailed description, but recalculating and writing everything down is not a hunt, and you need to give arguments.
Masons did not intend to add mystery. I wanted to say that there is someone who uses such builds in practice. Actually, in the game global chat, not only I took part in the discussion. I don’t think that innovation remained in D2 at all and absolutely all possible builds were discussed, but I’m talking about non-standard tricks, i.e. something that is used very rarely and specifically. Everyone is trying to compensate with a build for their inconvenience in the game, including me.
I wanted to share a note with one such non-standard trick. Here is my ready-made calculation. I edited everything unpleasant. Thank you all for your opinion.

V
VohaPatoha 12.04.21

I have never played for forty and I don’t even know what I can do, so I didn’t understand anything. But I approve of the very fact of such a detailed guide on a special thing like the "smoke in the night" belt.

Y
Yaril 12.04.21

Oxycanta wrote: I
show the stats of this sork (I did not download it)
a little belatedly I will express my hmm. Suppose this magpie swings up to 90 lvl and the author will throw all the points only at the whit. For lvl they give 11 hepes (taking into account 5 stats per wita), which means this forty will have 364 + 220 = 584 hepes. In the middle, a normal magpie on such a level has 1100 -1200 hp, which is 2 times more. So, we have almost 2 times less hapes for the sake of some other (which of the manaberns will not work) The author, if the manu belt should return the meaning to download it? But is it not easier to throw a TV into the teleport? when it costs 4 mana or less it makes sense to do a lot of mana. How do you fly through packs of manaberns in Durance? and in the grass 50-50 that the consul manabern will be ... By the way, the smoke is interesting, but on it we lose potentially 100 hp (60 + 40 from the saved strangi) and more. possibly 24 fxr and 2-3 resists, especially critical when overcutting by fire. And we also lose skill points to get to the EU, which makes even a small one with a haze too expensive (the convenience of forty-second and third elements weaken for the sake of a dubious bonus). But the author, do not pay attention to us, approach the game creatively, maybe you really will discover something new.

Y
Yaril 12.04.21

Ii smoke 3 in-line, there are not a lot of cans in it ..

Y
Yaril 12.04.21

there is also such a shnyaga, by the way, I read somewhere that the EU is absorbed without taking into account the resist, spontaneous damage, that is, conditional 1 to fire, for example, which should have turned into 250 damages, first 500 are absorbed then 500 are cut taking into account the resist like (well, up to 125 ), well, all this on hella leads to colossal losses of mana where mana was not supposed to be lost.That is, since on hella, most often mobs are charged and will damage with the elements even simple ones in a melee attack, and there are also overcharged ones, such a forty with and without manabern can be knocked out very easily .. And how does DGTM work, who remembers - from pure damage to everything, or does the replenishment come from the loss of hp? if the second option, then the belt will not work so fun. I have not tested this garbage ..

D
DELETEEND 12.04.21

Yaril
dtgtm voobwe rabotaet tolko na fizotaku vrode))

Y
Yaril 12.04.21

DELETEEND,
in general, then we stock up on chips and wait from the author of the video from hell travik)