3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
x
xLeonardox 12.04.21 10:59 pm

Can I use an 8 pin cable to a 6 pin connector add. nutrition

I have an 8 pin cable on the power supply to add. power supply and I want to buy a new video card and on it add. 6 pin power supply is it possible to connect or just need to buy an adapter?
8 Comments
Sort by:
R
Ryazancev 12.04.21

xLeonardox
Usually on the power supply unit, if it is modular, 8 pins are cut to the output of the power supply unit, and at the end that supplies power to the video card 6 pins + 2 pins. (total 8). Pay attention, if the cable is "typesetting" (6 + 2), then there will be no difficulties.

x
xLeonardox 12.04.21

Ryazancev
And how to understand "typesetting" it or not?

R
Ryazancev 12.04.21

Remove the object interfering with vision from the nose, stretch out your hands. Take the cable and see.
Spoiler
Guys, please don't minus anyone. There is a debriefing on Iron Issues. There is something to say - Please, but why put cons?!

M
MunchkiN 616 12.04.21

in my opinion, just connect if you don't cut the plug - you need to look somewhere there is a ground and +12
plus it may not work for some reason as happened with my processor dog when I tried to plug 8 pins into 4
it is better to buy a cable adapter or from 8 to 6 or from molix to 6
except in the case as shown in the picture above when the plug is already planned to be split.

R
Ryazancev 19.08.21

RAPTOR9654
Not typesetting 6 pins (if you mean) Were on very old PSUs (But I'm not sure anymore). If so, i.e. just 6 pin is. Then you can use an 8-pin adapter cable. Previously, these were put with video cards in the kit (10-12 years ago). Met on sale.
And, unfortunately, I haven’t met the whole octopus so that it is not modular. If I see such people, I will be surprised.

M
MunchkiN 616 19.08.21

Ryazancev
I have something like this. there is a block from which a red 8pin is proudly sticking out and the second can be cut, although there are a lot of 6 pins and there is also a block with a cord of 8 and from it another 10cm of cord and 6 pins. the truth is, the unit itself is modular for 1500W and there are a lot of all sorts of pins and everything old. but I think an old cheap block from ready-made assemblies or some kind of incomprehensible car once can have 8 + 6 pins for weeks with pads and that's it. and if vidyuhe needs 6 + 6 and bp 8 + 6, then such a situation may arise from the topic.

A
Alik Dynnik 26.01.23

The main thing when connecting the power of the CPU is not to confuse the connection to the PSU with the power of the video card. There is a different direction of power on the contacts. If there is protection, then nothing, but if there is no protection, there is a current of 20-30 A.

p
potter790 26.01.23

MunchkiN 616 wrote:
except for the case as shown in the picture above, when the plug is already planned to be divided.
They are usually separated, I have not seen any not separated. Maybe on very ancient PSUs like this. If not shared, then an adapter is better naturally. Yes, and you can’t stick a non-separable one, probably, there the partition will interfere.