3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
m
mywest 12.04.21 11:03 pm

Low FPS in an old game

There is a game of the 200s release. The system 10600 + 6700xt (1440 @ 144) at the lowest settings, the game gives out at 100fps

at the maximum settings, it gives out 50 fps, which is a game, since it gives out under 90 frames on the

inline. I pushed the settings to zero except for the resolution and got 100fps.

The Witcher at maximum
speed The point is most likely that the video card does not consider these races for the game, therefore, the frequencies at the bottom along with the performance. I reinstalled the drivers, dug in the afterburner and tried to set the frequency of 2000 MHz in the performance settings for the game, but the game did not react in any way.
Is there anyone on the forum who met this situation, perhaps not even on AMD, because I have zero ideas on how to make this whole thing work.
19 Comments
Sort by:
D
Denis Kyokushin 12.04.21

mywest
There is a category of games where FPS does not rise above a certain threshold. In Mafia 1 above 63 frames, in old id software games above 91 frames, Battlefield 2 above 100 frames. If you just look for a patch. For example, for Return To Castle Wolfenstein there is such a patch that removes blocking in 91 frames
Without patch
With patch

m
mywest 12.04.21

Denis Kyokushin
When I sat at 1080, then the fps in the same place was 320. Especially when I measured it when I moved from Ruzen to Intel.

M
Mr Hops 12.04.21

FPS of the brain.

D
Denis Kyokushin 12.04.21

mywest
Put on Return To Castle Wolfenstein. You may be unpleasantly surprised. He flew like an airplane on the invisibility of the 570GTX, and the RX588 cannot grind it.

L
Lex-one 12.04.21

mywest
This is how the game engine works.
There are similar games that also have low FPS on modern systems:
Gta 4
Witcher 1
AC: Black Flag The
list is probably much longer, but this is what I personally know and have checked.
The problem is in the game engine, usually it can chew 1-2 cores, and it is hung on it especially at ultra settings like 6-10 cores.

As a result, everything is fine with your system, these old games were written for 1-2 cores without using l3 cache.

D
Denis Kyokushin 12.04.21

Lex-one
Black Flag was hardly written for 2 cores. Assassins, starting with the first one, already had support for 4 cores.

L
Lex-one 12.04.21

Denis Kyokushin
Well on my system up to 30 frames.
There is an old dx11, it makes all calls to drawing in one core of the spire.

D
Denis Kyokushin 12.04.21

Lex-one
Well, now, the old screen was found:
Spoiler
This game has PhysX. The most difficult physical moments during ship battles (
I passed it on Phenom'e ll x4 940 BE + 570GTX Ac1
:
Spoiler
And here is support for the cherished two cores:
Spoiler
Maybe just dviglo reacts to your powerful percentage like this?
Lex-one wrote:
Well, on my system up to 30 frames
4K + MSAAx8 + PhysX?

L
Lex-one 12.04.21

Denis Kyokushin
If the emphasis was on VK, I would not have written a word.
No full HD, VK was around 40-50%, 5-10% percent.
Drawdowns up to 30 fps at the beginning in the jungle.

D
Denis Kyokushin 12.04.21

Lex-one The
game has gone crooked. Have you tried 4K? In general, the game is imprisoned for invisibility.
I would try it on RX588, but it gets very hot. Witcher 3 heats up to 82 ° C in 5 minutes. One of these days I will change the thermal interface (thermal pads are needed there, I don’t have them). So far I’m sitting again on 7950. But I can look at it. .Only the maximum MSAA on it I will not turn on. Somewhere I can MSAAx2 in FHD. The time is hard now, vidyushki must be protected)

S
Subaru MotorSports 12.04.21

mywest The
full name of the game?

m
mywest 12.04.21

Subaru MotorSports
Trackmania nations called

m
mywest 12.04.21

Denis Kyokushin
Well, I had an rx470 4gb on hand, it produced 240fps with the same settings.

D
Denis Kyokushin 12.04.21

mywest
Why was it? Now it's not there? If there are problems on the new card, maybe on the old one, then?

m
mywest 12.04.21

I sold it last night. I also checked it yesterday, I just didn't take screenshots.

S
Subaru MotorSports 12.04.21

mywest
Maybe you can try Trackmania Nations Remake.
https://www.playground.ru/trackmania_nations/news/remejk_trackmania_budet_imet_tri_razlichnyh_urovnya_tsen_v_tom_chisle_besplatnyj_variant-722147

I could not start fps in V-R 2 after changing the GeForce Payally video card, 3 fps dropped in V-R

m
mywest 12.04.21

Subaru MotorSports
I have all the parts, just played in non-remy and would like to fix it. But if this is the case, then I will overpower myself and stop playing it.

D
Denis Kyokushin 12.04.21

Subaru MotorSports
Subaru MotorSports wrote:
After changing the video card from GeForce to Radeon, my fps dropped in V-Rally 3 and Max Payne 2 stopped starting altogether, could not fix the
OS, reinstalled? I have a problem with Black Flag, the game freezes at startup. 570GTX did not have such a hang.

mywest
In short, older video cards are better for older games

m
mywest 13.06.21

The problem was solved by using DXVK fps I get somewhere in the region of 70-80 from what was at normal performance. So if the old game slows down, then it may help