3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
m
metallurg666 12.04.21 11:10 pm

Game Impressions (Oddworld: Soulstorm)

I have been waiting for her for a long time, we share our emotions and impressions! Has she moved away from canon in favor of action?
16 Comments
Sort by:
n
neonhouse 12.04.21

Gone, it would be better to make a remake of 2 parts and separately this game ...

b
blackoff 12.04.21

it is not clear yet, a little tense at first, it was hard to put out the fire ...
are there any secret mudokans in the escape? , ran a little, the number 0 300 changed to 0 202 ...

B
BezNika1 12.04.21

Is this a remake of part 2?
Renamed

n
neonhouse 12.04.21

Not a remake at all, this part could have been done as a separate project ...

a
alexsandr644 12.04.21

by and large the game was ruined. there is no that atmosphere, some kind of bottles, incomprehensible hiding places. New Trancy is many times better than this game, because everything from the original eib has been preserved in it

n
neonhouse 12.04.21

alexsandr644
So new * n * testy count the graphene mod for the first part. There is nothing new at all, which is certainly good. I would also like the second part. You're right, the atmosphere is not the same at all. A stupid fashion for action has crept into a game that is not at all about action)). HP, craft and so on are not at all about Abe ... as I wrote above, it would be better if this game was made separately and a remake of the second part (by analogy with new * n * test), separately.

23hudo 12.04.21

I really wanted to be wrong, but after playing this game for a couple of evenings, I came to the conclusion that it was, after all, some kind of misunderstanding.
It is not at all clear why they decided to develop this series in this direction, although it has always been a puzzle platformer. Here in some places they screwed up so badly that sometimes you do not understand at all what the game wants from you: then you stand for a few seconds and put out the fire, but you rush headlong, not understanding where at all and why. The game has very strange dynamics and absolutely non-obvious gameplay. They also freeze screensavers with conversations, as if straight from the 90s: the camera alternately flies from one participant in the dialogue to another for several minutes, which looks extremely stupid.
In short, I was really looking forward to the game, but I was extremely disappointed - this is a completely different game from completely different people, related to the original only visually. New 'N' Tasty was a real treat for fans, and this is some very weird vise, spitting on all the ideas of the original and not adding anything to the genre.

b
blackoff 12.04.21

23hudo I
agree, it turned out probably the same strange product as Munch's Oddysee,
but I will try to get through, although some places are enraged and I just cut it down ...

23hudo 12.04.21

blackoff
The same garbage. New 'N' Tasty at one time went drunkenly, but here the game constantly pisses off with its strange dynamics and lack of confidence, forcing you to do rajquits periodically. The previous one was very tactical, where you thought over the ideal tactics and with some attempt everything turned out perfectly, but here there is some kind of confusion. But, nevertheless, there is still a desire to complete the game.

b
blackoff 12.04.21

23hudo wrote: The
previous one was very tactical, where you thought over the ideal tactics and with some attempt everything turned out perfectly
well then r [e s] make, almost everything remained from 1 part, secrets, including on a nostalgic wave, saved everyone, but here it is not entirely clear where to save whom, I go stupidly forward,
the same moment where they climb the stairs in a crowd, and they are shot, xs can I have time to save everyone?

n
neonhouse 12.04.21

blackoff
You can save everyone by shooting with one league of the rest, but it's not that easy, I could do it in 5-6 attempts, BUT it pissed me off. Abe is not about action, but about tactics and strategy.

b
blackoff 12.04.21

neonhouse
yes I tried, but hemorrhoids and somehow fell, there is no incentive for some reason ... as an option, then I came up with the idea of ​​capturing sligs and immediately killing ...
after the airship it became kind of more interesting ...

23hudo 12.04.21

Still, I decided to change my mind. There is a very strange level in the game - "Airship", it spoils the whole impression of the game, giving a wrong idea of ​​what lies ahead. But, having endured it, I went on and began to enjoy it, the game turned out to be very cool and very much in the spirit of the original, with a number of changes. In general, I recommend not to rush and calmly overcome the annoying level, then it will be calmer and more interesting)

b
blackoff 12.04.21

23hudo wrote:
In general, I recommend not to rush and calmly overcome the annoying level, then it will be calmer and more interesting)
I support it again, except that the darkness in the caves gets tired ...

b
blackoff 27.04.21

passed the same, as for me, a normal game turned out to be ...

U
Uelma 25.10.22

A normal fit platformer, which is still alive since 97, has retained its individuality and loyalty to the series.
The new taste of 2013 was conceived as a revival of the series, as well as a running-in of the engine, and acceptance by the players. Olds are happy ^^
Stuffy Storm is a wonderful further development of the series. More colorful and bigger. They did the right thing not to do exoduss with new graphics, although some moments are certainly present.
In general, it is surprising how for so many years, the company has not disappeared and retains the originality of its series. Who else from such small offices from the 90s is still alive?

I liked it, it’s a pity it’s not enough, but it’s a long time to wait for a new one.