3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Anton Alpatov 12.04.21 11:14 pm

Soapy pixel trail

Dear forum users!
Can anyone know or have such a problem share the solution. In general, the essence is that in many games, I began to notice such graphic nonsense as a soap-pixel trail during the movement of the camera or any object in the game, grass, trees, the Persian himself, hair on characters, etc. And in a static position, all the rules seem to be like.
And I have a misunderstanding that these are graphic chips or something else? Vidyaha, of course, is not top, but games of 30-40 fps at high pulls. (Please do not write comments like a masochist, etc.). I will give an example of the new OUTRIDERS game, which came out not long ago since I am playing it right now. But the problem is the same as in other games.
14 Comments
Sort by:
A
Anton Alpatov 12.04.21

Screen in the game
Just if it's hard to see on the first

I
IngwardIn 12.04.21

Anton Alpatov
Immediately I remembered RDR2, how when the camera moves on Arthur's head, there is a complete nonsense.
I don't know if there are similar "soapy plumes" in higher resolution. In rdr2, when scaling the resolution to 2k, there is such a thing and, most likely, these are side effects of current technologies, maybe these are even side effects of TAA anti-aliasing.
There is an assumption about a conspiracy theory that the rendering of current games is not done for the sake of FULHD, but for higher resolutions)) And in Fulhd there are such side effects like these or grainy hair.

A
Anton Alpatov 12.04.21

Well, I also sin on TAA anti-aliasing, apparently they began to shove it everywhere and because of it, such garbage goes to FULHD. And most importantly, most likely it cannot be turned off in any way ...

M
MunchkiN 616 12.04.21

Most likely this is due to some kind of smoothing, either temporal or otherwise, we smoothen it out
to the temporal does not look like because, according to my observations, it leaves a trail of the object at low fps (it needs a stable 60 fps) and the effect can be enhanced with screen space reflexion, motion blur or something like that. on the screen, the couple is incomprehensible.
in general, it is necessary to play with or without smoothing out or with supersemlungs

A
Anton Alpatov 12.04.21

Well, as I wrote above, I rarely have exactly 60 fps, and without anti-aliasing, I tried everything the same.

A
Anton Alpatov 12.04.21

Today I tested it, tried to remove anti-aliasing through INI or put the same FXAA and it turns out pixel tin, but the loop disappears. As if in this cube-shaped world of minecraft sat down to play. And with TAA norms, but this soapy trail appears, so TAA is really involved here, but he needs 60 fps for the norms to work.

I
IngwardIn 12.04.21

Anton Alpatov
And with a higher FPS side effects remain, at least in rdr2, maybe less noticeable due to the high refresh of the picture, but there are suspicions that at a higher resolution this will be fixed, like the same pixel hair in the same rdr2) ). TAA is relatively good anti-aliasing in terms of performance-beauty ratio. But in golim full hd without scaling, TAA is almost always = soap.
The future is probably all the same for dlss.

M
MunchkiN 616 12.04.21

IngwardIn
pixel hair can be a slightly different topic, not related to tta per se. in short, instead of transparency for the purpose of spanking, a less resource-intensive method with a simple binary transparency is used. To simulate that the object is translucent, a lattice of pixels is used. for it to work well the physical observed pixel size should be small, and 1 pixel should not be visible on the screen. which, in general, suits televisions, all sorts of apsgkeylungs and soaps. 27-inch bakers on fulk need downscaling or other inaccurate posing on the matrix or cross-pixel physical scaleung when the screen is 1080p and the resolution is 900r peck-peck

I
IngwardIn 12.04.21

MunchkiN 616
Thank you, I'm in the know. This is why I say that new games are sharpened for high resolutions, and on full HD, many technologists work with side effects. Soapy plume, grainy hair, etc.
The same TAA looks very good and allright in high definition and does not have such obvious soap, and hair in high definition does not have graininess.

I put together a decent PC in February, switched from a fucking laptop to a full-hdd one, and when I started testing games like rdr2, cyberpunk, I was shocked by such graphical flaws and for a long time could not believe that it should be like this in 1080p.

That feeling when I just learned about gaming in fullhd, and his era is coming to an end ...

A
Anton Alpatov 12.04.21

So I wouldn't have anything against TAA anti-aliasing, it's really good if it weren't for these side effects in fullhd.

M
MunchkiN 616 12.04.21

IngwardIn
resolution itself is secondary here, and as far as I know, the loops do not depend on the resolution but on the length of the image run and the number of post frames. the same with simple motion blur, few frames are soap, a lot - the effect is hardly noticeable. This is a simple specificity of modern optimization. I remember in my massfekt 3 it went up because there some hair is made transparent and incorrectly darkened and have all sorts of jambs. In the subunit to the article, I was not very careful, but the noise from the rtx catfish makes some kind of chtuka that raises the sharpness. with low fps and sharpen, the game began to lag and make noise without smoothing, the problems stopped (if there was something I didn't need) though there seemed to be a problem with rtgi. everything that tries to sharpen at modern texture resolutions is mostly harmful technology.

A
Anton Alpatov 12.04.21

So, rebzya, I'm a bit confused, what can you solve this problem with? Or is it solved by upscaling?

p
pekabir 12.04.21

Anton Alpatov is
not solvable. TAA renders the game in 30 frames by inserting half frames. this is great, but the performance damage is less

A
Anton Alpatov 12.04.21

Okay, thanks everyone for the explanations!