3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Sergey81 12.04.21 11:14 pm

Game not running (True Crime: Streets of LA)

The game does not run
writes when you click on the exe file
error send a report or not
10 Comments
Sort by:
R
Rent Cuper 12.04.21

I have a problem with graphics - if I put it on 32-bit, then the picture of what is going on breaks down, and on 16-bit 1. It freezes at first! 2. then does not want to start! What should I do?

A
AlSar 12.04.21

Sergey
take this exe
http://www.playground.ru/cheats/2243/

Rent Cuper
and you change vidyuhu

A
Arger 12.04.21

AlSar wrote:
Rent Cuper, and you change the vidyuhu
And what's the point, after five years to advise him? I have a video card of the current generation, and the result is the same as his!
I will look for solutions to this problem by typing, if I find how to fix it, then I will unsubscribe, others for the future.

A
AlSar 12.04.21

Arger
And what's the use of answering me after another 6 years? Everyone was once a beginner,
then I was a beginner and did not think about the date of posts, such are the things.
Mistakes of old, yes, I admit, there was no sense in this.

After 6 years, I can say the following:
1) Use a licensed version or at least a license image
2) On Win8, such old games may not work at all.
Here either the XP compatibility mode, or reinstalling the OS to an older one.
If you want to concretize the error, take a screenshot with it in the studio.
Maybe I can help you. But I haven't started TCLA since 2009, heh.

A
Arger 12.04.21

AlSar wrote:
If you want to concretize the error, screen with it in the studio. Maybe I can help you
In general, the graph is buggy on the asphalt (but not everywhere), on some paving stones and on some other surfaces, as well as on the grass, it all looks like the image is blurred. Often such graphical bugs are due to sync and / or anti-aliasing, anisotropy. filtration, but something else interferes with it.
On Windows 7 x64, Nvidia GF GTX 560Ti, game license with crack / tablet, not repack curves: I tried everything I could in the driver settings, turned on / off anti-aliasing, vert. synchronization, anisotropic. filtering, etc. and so on, I also tried compatibility with Win XP / 2000 / NT / 98, and as a result empirically revealed that the graph breaks due to the "NoShadows" parameter (responsible for on / off shadows in the game), in .ini file of the game itself.
Even when you turn on 32-Vit in the graph settings in the game, some of the effects disappear, such as glare from the sun and reflections of sunlight from glass in houses, maybe the absence of some other effects.
Shadows on / off
Shadows on:

Shadows off:
Sun and asphalt
Shadows on 16-bit:

Shadows off. 16-bit:

Shadows incl. 32-bit:

Shadows off 32-bit:
In general, play with either shadows, but with a broken graph, or no shadows.
This is all of course not critical, you can play this way, but if there are any advice, considerations, ideas how to overcome it, then I will use them, and so in order to tell me something, you do not need to install the game for yourself so that you yourself poking around with it, in general, and so it will go, especially since there are no graphs in the game at all, even for 2004.

A
AlSar 12.04.21

Arger of the
graph breaks because of the "NoShadows" parameter.
Well, interesting observation, thanks. I have the same video card,
suddenly I 'm going to install the game myself. And I have the same OS paired with WinXP.
Well, if I put this game, of course, on XP.
when you turn on 32 Vit in the settings of the graph in the game, some of the effects disappear
Well, the chromaticity is better, at least on the screen of the same sky you can see.
Of all the screenshots, it is most logical to play with 32bit, without shadows, in my opinion.
advice, considerations, ideas how to overcome it
Or looking for some fan patches, I really doubt their availability on TC: SoLA.
Or it's trivial to try the same XP compatibility.
If you get confused, you can create a virtual machine like VirtualBox,
install WinXP on it and put the game there, it will definitely work without problems.
especially since the game does not have a graph at all, even for 2004.
I agree with this, but the game is very interesting. At one time I liked much more TC: NYC.

A
Arger 12.04.21

AlSar wrote:
suddenly I 'm going to install the game myself. And I have the same OS paired with WinXP.
Added "Widescreen Fix" on PG to "Files" of True Crime: Streets of LA, the ability to play with widescreen resolution for this game, if someone else needs it, of course, you can set any resolution, but not with every version of the game it really works, there in the note it is indicated with which versions it is launched.

AlSar wrote:
Either looking for some fan patches, I really doubt they are available on TC: SoLA.
I also doubt that there is something like that. Maybe later, at my leisure, I'll dig deeper into the wood, the compatibility settings in the properties of the tech, because the solutions to some problems sometimes come to an unexpectedly simple and ridiculous solution, as, for example, a gamepad pulled out of the computer fixes the launch and control problems in some games.)))

AlSar wrote:
If you get confused, you can create a virtual machine like VirtualBox,
install WinXP on it and put the game there, it will definitely work without problems.
Well, with this, everything is clear, 99% that on XP x32 and modern hardware, all the rules will go and there will be no graphical bugs, but I will hardly ever return to XP, all the more certainly not because of one game, and with many other old games I have no problems, although they seem to write that with True Crime: New York City at the seven there are also some problems with the display of textures, like the same lack of asphalt, roads and other textures, but I has not tested True Crime: New York City yet.

AlSar wrote:
Of all the screenshots, it is most logical to play with 32bit, without shadows, in my opinion.
I'll leave it with 32-bits, but shadows turned on, since shadows are everywhere, and the places where the graph collapses are found in places, but this seems to me better, of course, but anyway Thanks for all the tips! ;)

A
AlSar 12.04.21

Arger
Added "Widescreen Fix" on PG to True Crime: Streets of LA "files"
This is the case. I saw it at ThirteenAG like.
problems sometimes come to an unexpectedly simple and ridiculous solution
Everything is ingenious - simple, as they say =)
I have no problems with many other old games
Of course, parallel installation of a real OS, like mine, may not be needed.
But a virtual machine is quite a simple matter, there is nothing difficult to raise and configure it.
I will leave it with 32 bits, but included shadows
As you prefer. Not at all, always happy to help. Write if you find something new.

S
SkyGame 12.04.21

I set everything up, for a hint how to remove some blurry textures, thanks of course.
But I have incomprehensible friezes in the game, in the city there is an unstable FPS, from 60 drops in places to 40 and unpleasant freezing runs, it is not clear why, I changed the settings. as if the pc does not pull, but it's strange when my pc is much better than the game needs.

r
rest3of4me 20.01.23

ground texture bug can be fixed with dgVoodoo2