3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Kitwild 12.04.21 11:22 pm

No signal, go to standby

Hello. I will tell you my long-suffering story.

It all started 3 years ago, when I bought a new rx 550. There was an old PC then, and a problem arose: when the PC is turned off, the monitor does not find the vidyuhu - it says No signal, but Windows was working, booting. And I forgot about it, because I thought that when I update other parts of the pc, everything will work.
I updated the pc, all the details except this video card and the problem continued. When the PC is turned off, there is no signal. Windows works, it enters the BIOS, the drivers are new, everything is fine.

I changed the RAM. I
connected it to other monitors. I
reinstalled the Windows. I
wiped the contacts of the vidyuhi and RAM with an eraser. I reset the
BIOS by removing the battery.
I connected it via Vga, via HDMI - still there is no signal.
Nothing. I tried everything.

It seems to me that the problem is at a technical level. Are there masters here who can confirm this?
Maybe there are some other solutions to this problem? Can I do something in the BIOS?
30 Comments
Sort by:
b
bazilews 12.04.21

Try to connect the monitor to the motherboard or to another vidyuha, if possible.

K
Kitwild 12.04.21

bazilews
Tried it. Everything works with another card

b
bazilews 12.04.21

Well, here's the solution to the problem, the video card.
So something is wrong with her ...

K
Kitwild 12.04.21

bazilews
Thanks, but I
already know that Kitwild wrote: Seems to
me, the problem is at a technical level. Are there masters here who can confirm this?
Maybe there are some other solutions to this problem? Can I do something in the BIOS?

l
longerr2007 12.04.21

Kitwild
If you know, take the card for repair.

b
bazilews 12.04.21

Is the video card under warranty?

K
Kitwild 12.04.21

bazilews
longerr2007 The
warranty is still there, but I disassembled it / changed the thermal paste of course
Kitwild wrote:
3 years ago, when I bought a new rx 550

b
bazilews 12.04.21

In any case, it must be carried to the SC. Whether it is a warranty case or not, they will tell you there. As a last resort, pay for the diagnostics and find out the cause of the malfunction.

b
bazilews 12.04.21

But if it did not work initially, then it had to be carried immediately to the SC, and not disassembled by yourself.

K
Kitwild 12.04.21

bazilews
It's just that my city is not even on the map of Russia, and a card will be sent to Volgograd for verification ...
In general, there is no desire to wait for 2 months when the problem is not so critical. So I decided to write here, suddenly someone came across a similar

K
Kitwild 12.04.21

bazilews
Kitwild wrote:
I forgot about it, because I thought that when I update other parts of the pc, everything will work.

b
bazilews 12.04.21

Of course, we have encountered similar problems, only the solutions are different.
And no one here will tell you the exact solution to your problem.
In the end, your vidyuha may be an ordinary marriage ...

M
Marsj 12.04.21

Kitwild wrote:
When you turn off the pc - no signal. Windows works, it enters the BIOS, the drivers are new, everything is fine.
What's the problem? When you turn off the PC, everything turns off.

K
Kitwild 12.04.21

bazilews
I would not call it a marriage, because the problem is so narrow ... but still it is.
Okay, thanks for the help.
Well, then I'm waiting for the cue ball to fall in order to take a new one. In the meantime, you have to come to terms

K
Kitwild 12.04.21

Marsj The
monitor, like the power supply, works from an outlet, if you did not know. And even with the PC turned off, it works and sees the video connection, the main thing is that it is powered.

b
bazilews 12.04.21

In vain. I would give in ss, there is a possibility that they can be repaired or replaced under warranty. And if not under warranty, then at least they will say the reason, the elimination of which may be significantly less than buying a new video card.
But it's up to you ...

b
bazilews 12.04.21

As for bitcoin, as analysts predict, this year it may reach $ 100,000 ...
So think about whether the prices for vidyuhi will fall or not ...

M
Marsj 12.04.21

Kitwild
What will it produce videos from? If only from another source, the PC is already turned off, as is the power supply. The monitor will show the splash screen without connecting and there is no signal.

b
bazilews 12.04.21

And it seems like its full production will end by the end of 2023 ...
It seems, but who knows ...

K
Kitwild 12.04.21

Marsj
Mister, what are you
talking about :) Marsj wrote:
What's the problem? When you turn off the PC, everything turns off.
So try to turn off the PC and press the monitor buttons, everything works)