3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
I
IngwardIn 19.04.21 10:16 pm

Essential Windows 10 programs.

Subaru MotorSports wrote:
I installed myself: free antivirus Avast
OMG, go out. Under no circumstances should these lamer errors be taken as a recommended installation guide.
It's better to sit without an antivirus and be checked on demand and once a week while actively surfing using Dr.Web CureIt.
And it would be more correct to stay with the default Defender at all, especially if there is no way to purchase a full-fledged license. Defender holds the leading position among antiviruses in terms of reliability.
Such free rubbish as avast, which can only help to establish a trash can of the amigo type and recognize a pill from a crack as much as possible, will never change the built-in defender antivirus.

I would recommend:
For viewing photos: Picasa from google, which unfortunately officially stopped being supported and developed, but it works tolerably, many times better than the built-in program.

Browser selection is a highly individual and subjective issue. So it seems that the new microsoft edge is not as slow as IE. But nevertheless, I would choose from: Opera, mazila, chrome.

Well, ccleaner for cleaning the system and fixing registries.
Well, Deffrager from the same developers, in order to occasionally defragment the HDD.

The rest depends only on your own needs.
A text editor is natural for convenience and out of habit, I would install MS office, but if there is no frequent and large work with doc files, you can alternatively get by with a free cloud editor "documents" from google in the browser.

Audio and video codecs are preinstalled in Windows itself, if there is no need to work with a large number of video files in different formats, then the installation of the K-Lite Codec Pack is not necessary at all.
1 Comments
Sort by:
B
Baxmep 27.04.21

T-shirts have a lot of useful software https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/