3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
I
IngwardIn 19.04.21 10:17 pm

Unsuccessful BIOS firmware.

Preparing an old PC for sale. After installing the drivers, I decided to update the BIOS. The time was later, there was no time to consider other people's experiments with the firmware of such boards. Well, I also flashed it through a USB flash drive through the built-in mFlash utility. After the firmware, the PC turned on, but there is no image, the power to the YUSB device is supplied with only one pulse.

Board msi P45-C51 socket 775 on core 2duo.

I threw off the battery, it did not help. The beeper does not make sounds, even without RAM. Well, as I understand it, the bootloader has flown.
It is clear that 95% will be helped by flashing with a programmer.
But maybe there are knowledgeable people who know how to fix it at home without additional. appliances?
13 Comments
Sort by:
S
Sweety_Mustard 19.04.21

Ingward In
no way. Although you can buy a programmer - you don't need to solder anything, the motherboard must have an interface to connect it.

p
pekabir 19.04.21

IngwardIn wrote:
how to fix it at home without extra. appliances?
but what is the actual problem of renting a programmer? there is no need to solder anything, the chip stupidly sits in the grooves and waits for you to finally break it

I
IngwardIn 19.04.21

pekabir
And what's the problem with leaving comments on the subject?
I didn't ask how the programmer works, how difficult it is, etc. I know myself.
I am interested in alternative methods, if any. Regarding the "rental programmer" sounds interesting, of course, but in my region there are not very many of them on sale and at horse prices. With Ali, wait a long time.

T
Tekeshi_Tetsuo 19.04.21

IngwardIn
And now he is entering bios

I
IngwardIn 19.04.21

Tekeshi_Tetsuo
I kind of wrote ...
In short, everything that happens is power is supplied to the mother and brings all the components to work. But nothing is loaded. USB devices do not work. The flash drive receives power only for a couple of seconds, then it goes out.

M
MunchkiN 616 19.04.21

if the bios is screwed up and there is no gigabyte with 2 bios, then there are no alternatives

T
Tekeshi_Tetsuo 19.04.21

IngwardIn
Got it, and you jumped from which version of the firmware, it's simple I know and that if you install the latest firmware right away, without taking into account some of the early firmware, problems begin.

I
IngwardIn 19.04.21

Tekeshi_Tetsuo
Honestly, xs , but most likely it happened. I did not delve into it, because the head was cloudy, and there are no such nuances on modern motherboards, so I slapped this one out of habit.

T
Tekeshi_Tetsuo 19.04.21

IngwardIn
Well then, be patient with the sale, but for now look for someone with a programmer

T
Tekeshi_Tetsuo 19.04.21

IngwardIn
On my main PC, during the firmware it hung on half, I turned off the computer, then I thought it would not start, but everything started and then I installed the updates one by one and everything got hurt.

M
MunchkiN 616 19.04.21

IngwardIn wrote:
yes, there are no such nuances on modern motherboards.
in relatively modern ones, but there the bios will say that this is not a suitable bios. for old boards, you can drive the BIOS installer itself instead of the BIOS or an archive. though n45 is relatively old. I do not know how it is with msi.

I
IngwardIn 19.04.21

MunchkiN 616
Well, how can I tell you, there is not even UEFI in my copy. That is, it is there, but it is white text on a blue background, as it was in the 2000s.

I
IngwardIn 19.04.21

Sweety_Mustard
MunchkiN 616
Tekeshi_Tetsuo
Thank you gentlemen! For intelligible answers on the topic to the question posed, what I wanted to confirm, you confirmed.
Well, perhaps the topic can be closed.