3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
STAFORT-95 27.04.21 11:04 pm

RX 590 is loaded at 100% with vertical sync off

Hello. Video card RX 590. In games, in absolutely any, if you turn off vertical sync, the video card is loaded at 100%, namely GPU 3d. In this case, the games start to freeze, although the fps is much higher than 60. Because of what the load becomes 100%? How can you fix this issue without turning on vertical sync?
8 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 27.04.21

What causes the load to become 100%?
miner virus or norm. from what at the same time the games hang my mind I will not put it. possibly from temperature trolling, which causes the card to drop frequencies. either visual dependencies on the monitor, or there is still a processor with a high FPS propped up, it can give freezes even with a high FPS.
so that century with v-sung or FPS limiter to play.

S
STAFORT-95 27.04.21

AMD Ryzen 5 2600x processor. It turns out to be loaded under the given circumstances in the region of 70%. Regarding the miner: I cut down the Internet - the situation is the same. Regarding the temperature: I won't tell you by degrees, but accordingly, since the load on the vidyuhu is 100%, the cooler spins to the maximum, since the temperature is likely to go off scale. Yes, if you enable vertical sync, the load becomes less than 100%. By the way, I also noticed such a feature that in some games it is not important to turn off / on vertical sync, fps sag, even with vertical sync turned on in GTA 5, it can sink up to 30 fps (msaa is off, water quality is reduced, I noticed there is nonsense with water , it ooooochen greatly reduces the FPS for some reason), the rest is high, not even the maximum. But in GTA 4 fps around 40, even less! The game is 13 years old in my opinion and the feeling that I'm playing on an ancient computer. Prototype 2 - an ancient game too, it hung terribly, had to be removed. The rest of the games are more or less adequate. Yes, you have to slightly reduce the graphics, let's say somewhere so that it is stable at 60 fps, but it does not reach the point of delirium as with old games like GTA 4 at least. Maybe there are some tricky settings in the amd radeon software?

S
Snow70 27.04.21

STAFORT-95
Find and remove miner =)

S
STAFORT-95 27.04.21

Snow70
Even if we assume that this is a miner, how can it work without the Internet? And he sees if vertical sync is enabled?

S
Snow70 27.04.21

STAFORT-95
If you catch him, he doesn't care if he has an Internet connection or not. He does his task, loads your hardware with calculations!

M
Marsj 27.04.21

For a video card, 100% norm with no fps limit.
Regarding the friezes, it's more likely a matter of the processor, the Ryzen 5 2600x has its own problems with the RAM.
Snow70
How will a miner load a video card without a connection? It's like opening a website without internet. No connection to the process node - no mining.

M
MunchkiN 616 09.05.21

Marsj
I like that was a miner. the principle of kgo work was approximately such that it turned on after about 20 minutes and loaded one of the GPUs. I played an old undemanding game and the FPS in it with slime just sat down due to the fact that the bus was overloaded. I can't say for sure whether or not he needs the Internet. but the game pitch was usually used offline. miners of a newer generation understand that they are softer and more difficult to detect.

and as far as this particular case is concerned, it is hardly a miner.

STAFORT-95 fps sags
, even when vertical sync is turned on in GTA 5, it can go up to 30 fps, p95 sags (msaa is off, water quality is reduced, noticed there is nonsense with water, it ooooooo much decreases fps for some reason), the rest is high, not maximum even.
here it is necessary to test. it is worth mentioning that the 590 is not a very powerful video card, while the GTA5 has a very contrasting load in the city / outside the city in terms of CPU and GPU, respectively. so if you go somewhere where travon vidyuha should scream. (although I only tested GTA 5 on ultras, I do not know how it is medium or high).
with GTA 4 it is more difficult - but in theory it should not rest on the modern map. (I played it on 690zhth though I don't remember in what resolution there was nothing interesting with the video card) buried in the processor on the ultras, it may well understand.
but the fact that the card, in principle, works at 100% in this case is the norm because the card is trying to work out the frames for all its money and the processor is not against it, it is ready to cut even more frames. in the culture of unlocking the potential of the processor, this is called - the processor reveals the video card.

if there is some specific problem - for example, the game works 40-60 fps, but it feels like 15-20 fps, and if you put a lock of 30 fps, it is much smoother. or the performance of the system and the GPU clearly does not correspond to that of a similar reference in the benchmarks, or there is no performance, or for some unknown reason it merges somewhere - this is a reason for scientific research.

in amd softfar I do not know what is happening (because I do not have an amd card), but you can try to disable everything incomprehensible in the form of sharpening, some kind of amd sung, anti-aliasing. leave only 16x anisotropic filtering and something about mip-maps. in theory it can help squeeze out some FPS but I don't think that much. for nvdia, for example, there is an adaptive ao, gamma correction, transparency filtering and fhaa pa my.

D
Denis Kyokushin 09.05.21

STAFORT-95
Recently tested GTA4 by lowering processor-dependent settings, and this is what happened: