3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
Tekos 27.04.21 11:29 pm

Spain (Total War: Rome)

Since the previous topic about this faction has disappeared, I create a new one.

Actually what is the subject: Has anyone gone through a full campaign by this faction? Personally, I never had the patience, and their troops, it seems to me, are rather weak, for example, to confront the same Egypt closer to the end. In general, how do you go about the company ??
6 Comments
Sort by:
C
Celt 27.04.21

The capture of Cordoba - the transfer of all the peasant units there - which can only be hired in other cities. We recruit 6k people - we dissolve - we build the palace of the commander + the circle of Epona (sort of). We get the main striking force of Spain - bull warriors. Already with 3 stripes of experience.

Union with Gaul is possible - for we are not interested in France (Narbonia, etc.). We are trying to invade Mauritania - after making sure with a spy - that all the desert warriors have already piled up to die under the walls of Carthage ... Only at the expense of ports and the market can we somehow raise the profitability of Cordoba, New Carthage ... So there will be money for bull warriors in abundance. 2 let hired skutarii nearby. Pilums are never superfluous =)

Well, and go through South Africa to Sicily, because there is something to profit from) And leave France for later)

T
Tekos 27.04.21

Duc Gallia herself will usually attack, plus Julia is restless, Osku is constantly besieged, they can only be opposed by the same mercenaries of scutarii ...

I
Infantryman 27.04.21

I, I remember, also could not stand the pressure of Yuliev and handed them Osk. Without using some bugs of the game (the enemy does not attack the throwers who stopped in the opening of the gate, climbs under the fire of the towers, you can make repeated sorties from the besieged city, etc.) to keep it at the beginning of the game there is simply not enough troops when a full stack of Romans attacks with pumped up units. That is, it is possible to hold, but very dreary microcontrol, with reboots in case of an unsuccessful battle or untimely pulling in reinforcements.

After the surrender of Oski (eh, with the mines ...) Julia lagged behind me, only the Gauls remained. Five units of barbarian cavalry and a couple of generals flank them - and any army of redheads flees. Korduba and Tingi are indeed really profitable cities. But after taking them, I did not go to Africa, but dropped taxes, built agricultural buildings and markets in all cities, and so raised the population to 6 thousand when slingers are given. With them he had already regained Osku and, rolling up his sleeves, slowly went to Rome through southern France, capturing cities along the way. Having chopped off almost the entire Italian boot (Rome, however, did not take it), he stopped playing - it became uninteresting.
So you can potentially win with them. Only now their spearmen are weak, so I don't know how it is against elephants (without archers, with their burning arrows) and chariots - I specifically tried not to meet with them. But against the computer, I think it's easy.

T
Tekos 27.04.21

raised the population to 6 thousand when slingers are given.
And what can the Spanish slingers oppose to the infantry of the Romans ?? That not to be believed.

I
Infantryman 27.04.21

Tekos
When playing with a computer, you can. Four - five units of slingers from the flanks will thin out the attacking infantry formations of the Romans, which will not be able to catch up with the fleeing slingers. But you will not only bring the slingers into the field. There will be both Iberian infantry and cavalry. Here you can read them. Only the slingers must first work out. If a Roman comes across a literate, multi-star, he will strike immediately, harmoniously, with the whole army, without being sprayed. It will be difficult here. Your center should bend, retreat, and the flanks should spread slightly to the sides and fire (keep spearmen nearby so that cavalry does not populate the slingers, and they will always run away from the infantry). Or tease with one flank, retreat, and with the second strike the advancing detachments in the bochin.
In general, slingers are easier. You can weaken the advancing enemy. But slingers are just the beginning. After 6 thousand people, other goodies appear in the city.

I
IgorG 27.04.21

Good day. I'm trying to play for Spain in the Macedonian version. The construction does not go further than the wooden wall. Stone walls are not available and, accordingly, I cannot hire generals and elites. What to do?