3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Arx1meD_CrackeR 09.05.21 08:14 pm

Localization (Dragon Age: The Dread Wolf Rises)

What do you think about Russian localizations ??? Will it be added or not? And what happened to EA that they stopped voicing such grandiose projects? (Like Dragon Age, Mass Effect - essentially RPG)
Maybe try to create a petition or something else with a request ??
11 Comments
Sort by:
A
Andrei YP 09.05.21

Arx1meD_CrackeR
And what does EA and Russian localization have to do with it? Russian voice acting for games is made by domestic official localization companies, such as Snowball, SoftKlab, Buka, Akella, etc. And only then the Pindosskaya EA attaches localizations of our and other countries to the games. So this is a question for our localizers - will they take up Russian voice acting or not.
It just happens that some of our capricious players start throwing shit on the Russian voice acting, as if they were forced to play with such voice acting ... Most likely because of this, 2 and 3 parts of Mass Effect were not voiced. With Dragon Age, apparently the same story. Although, as for me, the first Dragon Age is well-voiced, there are certainly shoals there, but insignificant. In Mass Effect, the voice acting is a little lame, but still good. But do those who like this or that voice acting really matter to those who like to throw shit on localization? There is always a choice, because you can play with original voice acting and Russian subtitles, but they do not understand this and still throw shit.
And by the way, Mass Effect is an Action-RPG, but Dragon Age 1 is closer to pure classic RPGs, but still a mixture of genres.

d
dilat 09.05.21

Arx1meD_CrackeR
Thank you, no need, there was enough "Golden vyser" for the first ME

And on a subject - there will be no Russian dubbing, 100%

M
MunchkiN 616 09.05.21

there will be subtitles, most likely there is no voice acting. only yes, the mass effect was learned much later.
why there are no obuzvuchek I do not really know, probably it is not very profitable, and before the publishing and localization rights were bought by publishers and localization was on their conscience now ea probably publishes itself.

c
cheezette 09.05.21

Andrei YP wrote:
And what does EA and Russian localization have to do with it?
Despite the fact that it depends on them whether there will be voice acting in the game, it is they (that is, the publisher / developer) who order them from localizers. Why don't they order more? And everything is simple: everyone threw a threshing floor at the locale of the first ME, incl. and I, although I can digest most of the games with ru voice acting, even the miserable fit of lipsing in The Witcher 3, in the DAO the situation with the locale is not the best, but still better than ME1. These are the conclusions that suggest themselves.

P
Piece_of_Shit 09.05.21

Thanks, no voice acting. The way the actors / actresses do it is just an Oscar for squalor. The department that picks them up is next.
In general, the only series of games, namely the series with good voice acting, in which I played - CoD and BF.
And then, of course, Price in MW ... well, it could have been better ...

A
Andrei YP 09.05.21

cheezette
Piece_of_Shit
So you were forced to play with this voice acting? Why do you think that your opinions are the most ironclad and no one has the right to think otherwise?

d
dilat 24.05.21

Andrei YP
I think exactly the same as they do. Of course, no one forces you to play. It's just that this dubbing breaks through to the facepalm, when you know how the original is voiced.

I can understand if a person does not know English or something else. But in other cases, playing with her is at least strange.

c
cheezette 24.05.21

Andrei YP
Well, how to say, huh? In the original ME, in order to turn off the Russian voice acting, leaving the original, but the text in Russian, I had to read the guides, and I would not be surprised if they did the same in ME: LE.

M
Melinar 08.10.22

Judging by what is happening now, neither the voice acting, even the subtitles of the official

B
BDmitriy 08.10.22

Melinar
Not necessarily, the Russian language continues to be added to new games after well-known events. For example, the new FIFA and AC Mirage will even have Russian voiceovers

s
shadoweaver 20.01.23

So far, EA has generally closed the sale of games in Russia, and there is no talk of localization. If everything stays like this, then there will be a pirated version and a translation from interested enthusiasts, as it was before.