3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
GeshtaIt 09.05.21 08:19 pm

Double fps drawdowns (Resident Evil: Village)

Computer specification: i5 9600kf, rtx 2080s, 16Gb 3000. I play at high settings (textures 4Gb, mesh max) with tracing enabled, resolution 2560x1440. All is good, fps is stable at 60-70 and only when moving between some locations do microfreezes slip. But, at the moments of autosaves (in particular, when moving from the village to the altar), fps literally dies. Microfreeze and fps drops to 20-40 (about two times). At the same time, the video card continues to work at 99%, but the temperature drops from working 76 degrees to 60. I don’t know how it works, I hope for your help.
11 Comments
Sort by:
S
Satoman 09.05.21

GeshtaIt Remain
calm, that they are wise. Similarly, the FPS falls by two times according to its known scenarios, it wants to return, but as a rule, the nifiga does not return, the restart saves. Everything is the same - vidyukha plows 99%, jelly periodically happens, when everything slows down, only restart saves here.
PS 76 working degrees is dashing, do an undervolt, summer is coming soon)

G
GeshtaIt 09.05.21

Satoman
yes, exactly the same situation. At the expense of temperatures, I just do not have the best version. Ventus with two fans, with such a cooling the temperature of the norms, in the old case (cougar 330) reached 84)

D
Dark1994 2 09.05.21

Yes, that's what, I almost always have stable 60 fps, and in different unexpected places everything can sink to shit fps up to 10, and the locations are ordinary, there are no explosions of a bunch of enemies, etc. (px570)

S
SkrepcheZaVR 09.05.21

I think it's worth putting the game on ssd in order to exclude the influence of hard work

k
klju6kin 09.05.21

Possibly a placebo, but disabling shadow caching helped me. Drawdowns are also provoked by minimizing / expanding the game (but capcom always had some trouble with this) + I do not recommend changing the graphic settings during the game. Well, put fresh firewood without fail, otherwise the people on old firewood have out-of-sync sound and drawdowns in cutscenes.
(ryzen 3700x, rtx2070s, 32gb ddr4-3466, ssd).

G
GeshtaIt 09.05.21

SkrepcheZaVR
The game is on an SSD.

G
GeshtaIt 09.05.21

klju6kinklju6kin Last
firewood. In principle, it is no longer important, the drawdown occurs only when moving from the village to the Duke on the Altar, the game is almost complete.

M
MoraKtun 24.05.21

Meta also had the same drawdowns, but only in cutscenes, but they were still at the beginning of the game. It was just 60 minutes for a pause (measured through Afterburner), it took 5 minutes, 22 came back and it is not clear why the FPS dropped.

V
Vidokprime 24.05.21

MoraKtun
Saves the fact that the places of preservation are generously scattered and you can swim to them through jelly and re-enter them.
It's good that there is no challenge to complete the game without saving!)))

R
RavenW89 24.05.21

It seems to me that turning off all the sound enhancers and temperature monitoring helped. I had a sound enhancer (because of the old headphones, so you can hear better).
And the CPU temperature was monitored by the Speccy software every 5 seconds. That's when I turned them off completely, updated the firewood, made optimization through the NVidia Experience, and then only lowered Textures and Shadows, removed reflections (as this is a filter from shaders), removed the Virtualization of sound in the game, made a Vertical camera through the Green Panel in Fast mode - everything went fine.

i
inventorik 20.01.23

Likewise. FPS sags only when approaching a location with an altar and being on it. Moreover, you can find a place, a line, after crossing which a drawdown begins, and you step back, and the FPS straightens out.

It probably has something to do with autosave.