3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Kukurumba 09.05.21 08:21 pm

FPS dropped in RDR 2 after changing the old monitor to a new one. (Red Dead Redemption 2)

I decided to contact here, as the FPS dropped with the new monitor in RDR 2 - everything is fine in other games.

There used to be a monitor - Samsung SyncMaster 760BF, 17-inch with a resolution of 1280x1024.
I bought a new monitor to replace the old one, since the screen on Samsung has already started to flicker a little, and in general I wanted a newer and better monitor.
Now the monitor is Dell SE2417HGX 23.6 ", so now I play at a resolution of 1920x1080.

Hardware in the PC:
i3-8100
1050ti ASUS 4gb
16gb DDR4 Samsung
Hard drives do not matter, I think, but I'll write just in case.
WD Blue 1TB HDD (5400 rpm )
WD My Passport 1TB HDD (external, connected via USB, this drive has RDR 2 installed)

As a result, I drove into many games that I had played before, but on a new monitor, everything is fine. And I decided to go to my favorite RDR 2, set everything up for a new monitor, absolutely everything, and instead of 55-60 FPS I got 20-25.
I tried to shamanize with the graphics settings, nothing came of it, the same 20-25 FPS. I do not know what the problem is, I hope they will help me here. Thanks in advance for your advice and help.
4 Comments
Sort by:
f
foxskad 09.05.21

Changing the resolution will of course gobble up fps.
When did the shaman change what exactly? Tried to return with full hd to 1280?

T
Tekeshi_Tetsuo 09.05.21

Kukurumba
So you are already playing at a higher resolution than before, so the fps has dropped, lower the resolution to the previous one and everything should stabilize.

f
foxskad 09.05.21

Here they play on your config at 30+ fps
Therefore, there is nothing to expect from your config in full hd

M
Marsj 09.05.21

foxskad
If you make the aspect ratio 21: 9, then, in theory, you can increase the fps (oops, improve the quality of the picture).