3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
Former cop 09.05.21 08:21 pm

I, Zombies Endlessly (Plants vs. Zombies)

Here I propose to discuss and cut by the bones the strategy of penetrating this puzzle .. I'm wondering if there will be any plants-modifiers there? like ice melon or improved thorns?
PS: do not forget about screenshots
16 Comments
Sort by:
123Sponge bob 09.05.21

I no longer remember where I got to in this mode ... my tactic is as follows - first, you need to clear one line in all possible ways, and then let the dancer's zombie hit it. It automatically clears 2 adjacent lines. Then it becomes quite easy
... I don’t know about modifier plants, but I haven’t seen it anywhere ...

S
SVAEIG 09.05.21

I don’t know about modifier plants, but I haven’t seen it anywhere ...
I have never seen it either.
I also put all the tactics on the dancer, but its disadvantage is that the "suns" with each level give less and less, so sooner or later with an expensive dancer there simply will not be enough funds to buy powerful zombies.
Also, in the beginning, I bet on a zombie bunny in tandem with a football player and a zombie with a bucket. Tarzan steals the magnet, and the "bucket" and the football player are very tenacious and often gnaw through the row to the end. A zombie with a ladder is also good due to its high speed, armor and attack.

F
Former cop 09.05.21

:-) Modifiers, I did not put it right, well, upgrades, those plants that can be improved .... I have not met them
yet.I usually at the initial stages give preference to tarzan people who take magnetoribs, and then I use diggers, especially there where sunflowers are present .. (they are sometimes found 3 in a row)

123Sponge bob 09.05.21

then the topic has not become popular at all ...)

F
Former cop 09.05.21

123Sponge bob Well, let's make it popular)))

123Sponge bob 09.05.21

and what can you write about here ... so let's upload screenshots! =)

K
KaMiKaZa 09.05.21

First, if possible, we knock out all the towers on the line, and let the cheapest ones eat sunflowers.

PS Teach you how to make screenshots, and where will they be saved?

123Sponge bob 09.05.21

screenshots are done like this - in the game, at the moment when we want to make a screen, we press the Print Screen button (find it yourself on the keyboard ... usually it is in the upper right corner ... sometimes the name is shortened to Prt Scr) after pressing this button what was displayed on the screen is saved to the clipboard. If anyone does not know what it is, and how to get your picture from there, I will explain. Go to any graphics editor (paint for example) and insert a picture there. for example, in the same paint, it is done like this - edit> paste. After that, save the picture wherever you want ... that's all ... nothing difficult
The disadvantages of this method are that you can only take one photo at a time, then you have to insert it into the editor, save it, and only after that make a new screen. If you want to make a lot of screenshots and make them quickly, then download the Fraps program, it is very easy to operate and you will figure it out right away. In it, you simply choose where the screenshots will be saved, and also choose the button with which these screenshots will be made. Also, with the help of the same program, you can record videos from games ... ffuh, it seems, I wrote everything =) if you have questions, or what is not clear - write))

M
MrSprooot 09.05.21

I don’t know about modifier plants, but I haven’t seen them anywhere ...
They are not and will not be! I know that for sure! I went through 75 times!

R
RаzOOr 09.05.21

Modifications ???

G
Goren 09.05.21

The tactics needed are different depending on how the arrangement of the plants was built. Zombies for 50 are best used as cannon fodder for mines, zucchini and chewing gum. and also launch them when there are no attacking means on the enemy line. They will pass through the spikes of the zombies quickly, but they can be prevented by a fruit star or a tristrel. If there are plants in front such as the Magnetic Mushroom or Umbrella Palm, then use the zombie with the cone to destroy them. The bungee can be used if the magnetic mushroom is located at the beginning of the line and is blocked by turrets. If the magnet is covered by an umbrella palm tree, then try to destroy it with a digger if there are no stars or Siamese pea shooters if the Siamese pea shooter is located at the beginning, then you can safely kill it with a digger. If further then it is better not to dig there.

Well, I told the main tactics that I go through this puzzle

B
Boris Fedotov 09.05.21

I like this puzzle the most in this game. I once made 18 strikes in it ... and then reinstalled Windows, forgetting to make a screen first ((that's why right now I only have 15. I want to try to make twenty, I think it's real.

B
Boris Fedotov 09.05.21

By the way, it would be interesting if, for example, every 10th level in an endless zombie had modified plants: frosty watermelons, pea throwers, tall nuts and stone thorns. But at this level there should be at least 6 sunflowers (to pass this level, you will need at least 1000 suns)

Briefly about the tactics ... although damn it, it will not work out briefly.

After spending many hours of various research, I found out the following things:
(hereinafter SECOND will be called the interval between shots of a pea shot or other plant of a standard rate of fire, although I understand that this interval is more than 1 second)
- an ordinary zombie takes about 4 seconds, to go through one field;
- it takes 1 second to cover the distance from the start to the first plant;
- any zombie takes about 2 seconds to eat a plant;
- zombies with a pole, a zombie with a ladder and a zombie football player is about 2.3 times faster than a regular zombie (it takes about 2 seconds to complete one field). But they eat at the same speed;
- frozen zombies move about 2.3 times slower than usual (passes the field in 9-10 seconds, eats the plant in 4 seconds) it takes about 7 seconds to "freeze";
- "rate of fire" of thorns = approximately 0.75 seconds (an ordinary zombie takes 5-6 damage from thorns, passing through a field with them, + 2-3 while eating a plant; a fast zombie takes 2 damage).
- a zombie with a pole does not stand on thorns while eating a plant. But while eating a star, she launches all 5 projectiles at him (in other zombies - only 2) twice.
Let me remind you that the strength of zombies is as follows:
- zombie - 3;
- zombie with a cone - 28;
- zombie with a pole - 17;
- zombie with a bucket - 65;
- zombies on a bungee - almost impossible to stun (although I almost never use it);
- zombie digger - 15 (can be used only if Siamese peas or a star on the leftmost lane);
- zombies with a ladder - 17 (+25 at the ladder);
- zombie football player - 80;
- zombie dancer - 17 (+10 for each of the assistants).
All these facts allow me to build a clear strategy and understand how I can go through the row at the lowest cost.
So, for example, if in a row of attacking plants there is only one pea shot, and no matter where, then one zombie with a cone is enough, if one ice pea is enough one zombie with a bucket.
Of course, first, if possible, the rows with plants are destroyed, which interfere with the passage of other rows: a magnet, a star and a tristrel.
Actually, I use all these facts for a banal calculation "will it pass or not? Should I take this or is it better to buy it at a higher price?"
For example, such a row: (from left to right) star - thorns - ice peas - common peas - sunflower. Whom should I buy? The obvious solution is a ladder zombie (150). It will pass without problems, and will not even be frozen. But is it worth spending money on it or is there a cheaper option? Let's check if the Zombie with a bucket passes (65 lives).
Stage 1. From start to sunflower. Time passed 1, the rest of lives - 63 (zombie frozen)
Stage 2. Devouring a sunflower. Time passed - 5, the rest of lives - 55.
Stage 3. We go to the peas. Time passed - 15, the rest of lives - 35 (the bucket is already a little crumpled)
Stage 4. We devour peas. Time passed - 19, the rest of lives - 27 (the bucket is already well crumpled)
Stage 5. We go to the ice peas. Time passed - 29, the rest of lives - 17.
Stage 6. We devour ice peas. Time passed - 33, the rest of lives - 13.
Stage 7. We go along the thorns (along the way we warm up). Time passed - 45, the rest of lives - 7 (8) (the bucket is lost)
Stage 8. Standing on thorns, we devour the star. Time passed - 47, the rest of lives - 1 (hand lost)
Stage 9. We devour the brain.
So, at the last edition of the zombie goes the distance, and I save 25 suns)
Of course, it all looks complicated, and someone will say, they say, why is it all? However, no matter how much I went to the forums, no one saw that there were 18 strikes.
However, sometimes a trivial calculation does not help, and you have to use tricks.
If you are curious ... take a look at this map and try to mentally go through it yourself: how much profit will you get from the level? (5 sunflowers = 1000 suns minus the cost of zombies)
(sorry for the crooked picture assembly)

B
Boris Fedotov 09.05.21

And so I made a new record)
I think I'll post a video (not here, of course)

W
WasabiWhip 09.05.21

I certainly understand, 5 years have passed, all the cases, but can you throw off the video? =)

T
The_Kot 18.03.22

I will share my observations, in addition to the observations of the chela who fumbles and left a post above (I will try not to repeat myself)
• Zombie, like zombie with a pole, does not take damage from thorns while eating a plant, but he can be shot by a star if he starts to eat it .
• The star hits all five shots on the bungee zombie if he tries to steal it.
• Bungee Zombie can die if it gets under heavy fire.
• Zombies can eat the first plant in a lane while under fire from an attacking plant with a medium rate of fire (Smoky Mushroom, Spore Mushroom, Pea Shooter, Coward Mushroom, etc.). If the attacking plant is the rightmost one in the line, then it does not die, leaving 1 hp for itself and having time to finish eating at the last moment. If the attacking plant is not the right one in the line, then the zombie dies immediately after eating the rightmost plant.
• Do not skimp on zombies with cones. They cost only 25 suns more than zombies, but they have much more durability. If you are not sure that the zombie can handle it, it is better to put a zombie with a cone.
• This also works on zombies with buckets. If the cone zombie you placed doesn't go through and you have to put another one in, you will spend a total of 150 suns, but you could spend 125 on a bucket zombie.
• In some situations, zombies are best placed in pairs, so that one would tank shots while the second passes unhindered. As a result, after the death of the first, the second will already be at the center or end of the line, safe and sound, which will ensure its breakthrough. Works especially well on grain machines, with their nasty oil. While one stands with oil on his face, the second one slowly passes, and so they change places, gradually passing the line. Also two zombies eat twice as fast, think about it.
• Smoke mushrooms damage the entire lane at once, so it's worth letting zombies in against them one at a time.
• Ladder zombies and door zombies cannot be slowed down by frost peas (can be slowed down by knocking out door/stairs)
• Spikes, catapults and smoke mushrooms damage ladder and wire mesh zombies directly, bypassing defenses. This can sometimes be advantageous if there are different types of plants in the line. Some damage the zombie itself, while others damage its protection. Due to the spread of damage in two directions, parts of the zombie live longer.
• Zombies digger to clear the lane and zombies to eat brains cost 175 suns in total. Zombie soccer player costs the same. In different situations, different options are beneficial. Sometimes you can even clear the lane with a bucket and save 50 suns.
• Magnetogrib does not work on the whole map. Approximately 2 cells in all directions. If you need to put zombies with metal objects at a distance of 4-5 lines from the magneto mushroom, then it will not bring you problems.
• The zombie can walk over spikes and survive due to its speed. He will have HP for one shot.
• Corn kernels have less than average damage. Oil has average damage, I listed other plants with average damage somewhere higher.
• Munchkin eats one and a half cells forward. Those. when a zombie starts eating a plant that is one square to the right of the munchkin.
• If there is a zucchini to the left of the munchkin, then you can neutralize both of them with one zombie. the squash manages to notice it and jumps, but the munchkin manages to eat it first. Thus, the zucchini disappears just like that, and the munchkin turns on a lunch break. With a mine and a zucchini, this will not work, the mine explodes before the zucchini has time to notice the zombie.
• Do not be afraid if you come across a generation with a bunch of quick shooters and frosty peas. It is very easily passed by zombie diggers.
• There is a rare generation with a bunch of coward mushrooms. It's easy enough to pass, as they hide not only from the zombies to their right, but also from the zombies below, above, and to the left.
• Zombie dancer can clear 2-3 lanes at once. He is guaranteed to spawn support zombies near brains, even if he just spawned them. I checked, even after leaving almost behind the screen, he spawned the zombies so that he barely touched the brain with the edge of the hitbox and ate it.