3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
m
marrader 24.05.21 02:51 am

HDR does not work on a supported HDR monitor (Days Gone)

the monitor supports HDR. but in the game it says THIS MONITOR DOES NOT SUPPORT HDR MODE ... how to turn it on?

8 Comments
Sort by:
A
Animalballs 24.05.21

same. I play on a 4K HDR TV, but for some reason the game says it doesn't support HDR.

P
Protocol10 24.05.21

marrader
In short, such a feature. Never turn on HDR yourself in the Windows settings for games. A normal game will turn it on itself at startup if the monik supports HDR and its mode is activated in the monica settings. And if you turn it on in Windows, then you will have a faded HDR picture in all games. In Windows, you need to enable it only for watching movies or YouTube. And if the game does not launch HDR itself at startup, then play SDR and do not worry.

s
steamzadrotnumberone 24.05.21

Protocol10 Right
HDR in Windows is broken, when HDR is turned on in the control panel, the picture is crappy.
It is much better if the application itself in the settings allows you to select HDR.
Example, Cyberpunk. In it, if you turn on vinyl HDR, your eyes will come out.
Monitor LG ultrafine 32ul950w

M
MunchkiN 616 24.05.21

chzhd like it is necessary to put in the driver or in resolution so that full rgb + couple there or 10-bit mode. But in Windows, it seems like it's not a cdr but an ngo imitation.

c
caliskan 24.05.21

marrader
It works for me. Some games themselves include HDR, for some you need to enable it in Windows, here is a DG of those. The picture is not faded

S
Slipnot6 24.05.21

Everything works the same as the friend above.
On the TV, hdr is turned on in the settings, in Windows it is also turned on, since some games like monster hunter world or nioh 2 require it to be activated there as well.
In days gone, everything works too. Try to go into the driver settings and pick out the color bias and other similar parameters there, as already suggested earlier.

w
wersss 24.05.21

It helped me in the game settings: screen mode - frameless

s
spaik818 12.11.21

HDr does not work (fully) until you increase the screen resolution from 3840x2160 (recommended) to 4096x2160 (DSR) on a TV set, the picture in games is normal, but you change the earth and sky, but the video is not comfortable enough memory is not enough (not everywhere) .GTX 1060 6GB AMD FX 8350 16GB.
For example FH5

And without

As a result, there is no saturated picture at the recommended resolution, only in DSR plus HDR (you can do without it, it eats FPS). In the photo you may not be so clear, but for me there is a big difference. At high settings 45 and higher FPS /