3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
Lego242242 24.05.21 02:57 am

Very dark areas with excellent lighting (Escape from Tarkov)

Either I have a problem or the lighting is very poorly done in the game. How many dark areas can there be outside on a sunny day? You can't see anything. I am not talking about buildings or awnings at all. And the rest of the objects look poorly distinguishable. If the subject is not directly lit, then it is not lit at all. It seems that the developers have cut the schedule to the maximum, so that this feces somehow go, and does not require 3080 and 32 gig of operatives. I tried different settings, turned off postfx, set it up and don't care, the effect is weak. It helped a little twisting the brightness to full, in the photo it costs 100. Curved arms will not be able to seem to do a normal game, without the effect of cataracts. I have not seen this even in the dumbest games.
16 Comments
Sort by:
_
_Red_FoXx_ 24.05.21

Lego242242
Everything is fine with the shadows in the game, do not come up with it.
In the bright sun, they are sharper and darker. There are practically no shadows only in diffused light.

L
Lego242242 24.05.21

Unlit places are not visible at all. Like holes. And it's a bright day. The room is generally dark. I remember that the brightness was turned to the maximum. As if there are no re-reflections of the light

_Red_FoXx_

L
Lego242242 24.05.21

Apparently, 4 people are interested in the game)))) And I

_
_Red_FoXx_ 24.05.21

Lego242242
No more. It's just that they most likely do not go to pg))

It would probably be better to ask somewhere on the forum:
Spoiler https://forum.escapefromtarkov.com/forum/9-%D0%B8%D0%B3%D1%80%D0% BE% D0% B2% D0% BE% D0% B9-% D1% 84% D0% BE% D1% 80% D1% 83% D0% BC /
"Apparently, 4 people are interested in the game)))) .. "
If I counted on the minuses, then although I don't really share your opinion on the account of shadows, I did not put them on you :) You can make adjustments to the calculation)

Yes, by the way, the denouement should seem to be made a little lighter than it is now.

L
Lego242242 24.05.21

_Red_FoXx_
On the profile forum, you can't speak badly about the game.))) It's not that the denouement is dark. It's on all cards. The fact is that in the shadows, especially at a distance, nothing is visible at all. As if there is a black hole. You stand under a roof, in a room with windows, and often gouge your eyes out of it. This happens when the developers do not re-bounce the light and do not add invisible light sources for lighting. Take a look at the first photo. How can you not see a wall or a building or a carriage with tree trunks? This is at maximum brightness. Instead of them, emptiness. If you increase the brightness, then still nothing will be visible.

_
_Red_FoXx_ 24.05.21

Lego242242
Everything there can be on the forum), unless of course you do not go beyond the boundaries of universal norms and morals)) He wrote criticism there, and wrote about bugs, and nothing, no one banned me on the forum, and even issued a warning))

And dark shadows are such a part of the gameplay. They have already said that they will not make the dark areas lighter. Well, except that a lot of people will ask, and most, as I understand it, are fine with it)), and I've been accustomed to it for a long time)

L
Lego242242 24.05.21

_Red_FoXx_
Of course not. If they make normal lighting, then the game will be able to pull only 3070 at the minimum)))) Sometimes you can't see anyone. This is straightforwardness

_
_Red_FoXx_ 24.05.21

Lego242242
You can look at it like that)

k
keteleiotes 24.05.21

why did you pay attention to this? Do you need a very beautiful picture or does it interfere with your game? I understand, if this would affect the visibility of the enemy, then yes, I will agree, but I myself have never experienced problems with visibility in the game, and I paid attention to the shadows for the first time after your post on the forum: D

_
_Red_FoXx_ 24.05.21

Lego242242
On the question of how to write about it at the office. forum. There is already such a topic))
Spoilerhttps: //forum.escapefromtarkov.com/topic/88244-%D1%82%D0%B5%D0%BC%D0%BD%D0%BE%D1%82%D0%B8% D1% 89% D0% B0-% D1% 82% D0% BE-% D0% BA% D0% B0% D0% BA% D0% B0% D1% 8F-% D1% 82% D0% B5% D0% BC % D0% BD% D0% BE% D1% 82% D0% B0 /

L
Lego242242 24.05.21

_Red_FoXx_
I have read and wrote there already

L
Lego242242 24.05.21

keteleiotes
It gets in the way and is strong. The enemy can easily hide in the shadows, and not in a dark place. These examples are in the bright sun, in the room, sometimes nothing is visible at all and the enemy merges. Of course, some are playing with nvidia filters, but I have amd. You go into a room with windows, and there at least gouge out an eye. You crawl along it, trying to spy out the loot and the enemy. I do not need a beautiful picture, although I would like to, but at least a little realistic, the developers themselves focus on realism, but here it is

T
Trus52 19.08.21

Lego242242
Hello! Faced the same problem when replacing the monitor, did not find a solution?

13VoRoN37 TV 19.08.21

Try this. I remember that all the videos on YouTube in dark scenes were black, I set "full" and the problem went away.

U
UriyGagarin71 31.08.21

In the game recently, I don’t play with postfix ... all this is addiction;), but it’s a shadow, and in Africa it’s a shadow, it’s dark)))

M
MunchkiN 616 31.08.21

if this is the maximum grafone then cake. if it's low, then on low everything should look bad stupid.
on the screenshot where the road and anti-tank barriers are, if the material of the hedgehog and the tower is the same, then everything seems to be correct and there is no bug. either there must be some kind of beautiful fog, or this game is under the global illumination and it is not there, or the brightness of the sun is unsuccessfully set to the brightness of the sky. or there are still a couple of unknowns for optimization, for example, light shaders on lodes and vertex lighting that does not coincide with shad mapping in sky light because the stone is very black in the shade. in any case, this can hardly be fixed in a yuzersky way. on the screenshots with the Tarkov logo and where the graphon is, everything seems to be fine with fog.