3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
k
kkkmp 02.11.19 03:24 am

To change the currency in the Steam store

Healthy, the inhabitants of the site Playground! Who knows how can I change the shop currency in Steam? The fact that I live in Ukraine, and of course use the Ukrainian hryvnia by buying for them the game on Steam. But I recently found out that Steam is strangely converts the currency ( particularly in prices of games have problems, but in the conversion at the completion wallet everything is fine and goes according to the current exchange rate ). At the time of creation of a topic is action Spring cleaning, so I'm taking the game, which is a discount at the moment, respectively.
Let's get to it.
Here is a screenshot of the game's price in UAH:
Spoiler
A screenshot of the prices of the same game in rubles:
Spoiler
Convert the cost of the game in the hryvnia in rubles...
Spoiler
And get the price difference as much as 146 EUR or 60 USD! Perhaps for someone it and a small amount, but considering that I recently abandoned the piracy of games on my Steam account, two months had already accumulated 25 purchased games for about $ 3-4 (~7.500-10.000 RUB )thousand, and after simple calculations, I stayed in the red at 1-1.5( 2.500-3.700 RUB )thousand!
I tried to solve this problem using a VPN didn't help, I want to ask you for advice, maybe somebody somehow solved this problem or has accepted it, because the purchase of key gaming stores is impossible, because in Ukraine is blocked or not available for recharge in the terminals of almost all international Internet wallets!
Actually, I'm not particularly upset that he lost the money, because other people who did not know about it, could lose ten times more! I wonder how they feel now when they heard about this injustice?
There are many examples, and for the sake of interest it is even possible to interpret the prices of popular games, but ultimately, some agree and are correct, according to the current exchange rate, while others have a premium almost twice if to buy hryvnia!

In General, I ask for your help, maybe it's my fault and I'm wrong, and maybe it is possible somehow to fix it... Anyway, waiting for your comments.
12 Comments
Sort by:
k
kkkmp 02.11.19

I apologize in advance for the tautology and other shoals in the construction of the text, for similar topics I wrote last time about 5-6 years ago and have long lost touch to it.

L
Len4ik00N 02.11.19

kkkmp
The answer to your questions, only two words: regional prices.

k
kkkmp 02.11.19

Len4ik00N
it is possible to change the prices in the store with the hryvnia for rubles?

L
Len4ik00N 02.11.19

kkkmp
Only together with the region. Don't know exactly how now, but earlier it was quite surprised when a procedure to do it legally and self manipulation could even part with the account.

k
kkkmp 02.11.19

Len4ik00N
but if, for example, to give an account to any person residing in Russia, he will change the region in Steam, then log out and I will drop him. Prices are in rubles or change of the hryvnia? Maybe you know something about it...

D
Denis Kyokushin 02.11.19

kkkmp
Maybe this will help?

k
kkkmp 02.11.19

[Denis]
Thanks for the help, but this method does not work, because as far as I know, already fixed and steam finds out ISP directly, bypassing proxy and VPN.

m
meagarry 02.11.19

kkkmp
change vpn desired country. you can browser through the purchase of any game. in the client like without purchase.

k
kkkmp 02.11.19

meagarry
you can read more?

m
meagarry 02.11.19

kkkmp
connecting with the ip of countries in the basket in the top right corner change the country and buy the game.
in the client, like, without purchase. but he did not do so, look in the settings.
you are banned or not, if you play with native ip, no idea. the idea, like should)

k
kkkmp 02.11.19

meagarry
in theory it is possible to do so, just need to register another account on it to do it, buy the game, too, it is only a gift to the Foundation... Thank you!

R
Rock Man 02.11.19

buy games in the store,just use your payroll card and not have any completions or conversions,where the machine will write off the necessary amount for the game and will give the key to you.