3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
p
petja5 01.06.21 08:38 pm

Schools, Universities (Empire: Total War)

I noticed one unexpected and unpleasant feature. I built 3 schools / universities (the level of development is not important in this case, I'm talking about the type of building). Then he will seize several regions from the Turks, where 3 more schools were discovered. I thought that now my science will trample uphill, but it was not so! It turns out that only 4 educational institutions can conduct research! At least I did not find anything resembling a scroll bar or listing in the window with a technology tree, where you could select educational institutions that were not initially shown.
Tell me, am I misunderstanding something, or is this such a limitation of the game?
"Superfluous" schools have already been demolished, but I think in the future I will capture more. It turns out that everything needs to be demolished? Well, nifiga yourself an "enlightened" era! :)

And another question. Does it make sense to keep more than one agent at the school? Will it be useful? Or is it better to send him abroad to steal research?
18 Comments
Sort by:
E
ERHater 01.06.21

At that moment, there probably simply were no buildings needed to promote technology (such as advanced military schools or forges). Or just a glitch. But I had 7 schools and they all worked.

S
Screwy 01.06.21

Does it make sense to keep more than one agent at the school?
It has. I sent all the scientists that appeared to my schools and the development of science is better than everyone else's. I have four schools: in the 1st - 4 scientists, in the 2nd - 3 and so on.

p
petja5 01.06.21

At that moment, there probably simply were no buildings needed to promote technology (such as advanced military schools or forges). Or just a glitch. But I had 7 schools and they all worked.
But how did you assign them the technology to research? I have not shown more than 4 schools at the same time. How do you choose the rest?
Can I really have what a glitch ...

I have all the scientists that appeared, they sent everyone to their schools and the development of science is better than everyone else.
Yes, but maybe your science is better developed not only because there are 3-4 scientists in each school, you just distribute science correctly, develop educational buildings to universities, and 4 schools are a lot. Or did you catch a direct connection between the number of scientists in a school and the speed with which it learns science?

S
Serhio555 01.06.21

petja5
Most likely a glitch, or maybe you didn't notice the scrollbar. I now have 5 schools and they are all working, the scrollbar is in place.

S
Screwy 01.06.21

petja5 All my schools are only developed to the college level. And besides, if a scientist, let's say, study some military technology (or two), a perk is added to him that increases his military technology research points. Taking advantage of this, I study all kinds of technology and make my scientists generalists. At the same time, the study of any technology is faster than usual.
In another case, you can have 3 schools and in each study only 1 type of technology (military, industrial or social). So I think it will also be studied faster, although I have not tried it myself yet.

S
Serhio555 01.06.21

Looked more attentively now. There is no scrollbar, but there are arrows to the right and left of the list of schools.

L
Liquid A 01.06.21

Exactly, I had about eight, but then I cut half. It makes no sense to keep so much, you can't talk to all the nobles - not enough, and research will go slower. Now I have four universities, each with three nobles. It remains to investigate quite a bit of technology, just as I will research everything, I will also demolish these universities, for sedition is incited by Nipadezzi.

p
petja5 01.06.21

Thank you all, very helpful answers!
I'll go look for the arrows - I honestly did not notice, although I was looking. :)

G
Gendalf-golkiper 01.06.21

and I also wanted to ask: how to build the last level of the school, i.e. "modern university".
I discovered the technology for its construction a long time ago, but I can’t build it, even when I point at the icon of a
“traditional university”, it’s not even possible to build a “modern university”.
tell me what to do?

S
Screwy 01.06.21

Gendalf-golkiper Possible bug ...

S
Serhio555 01.06.21

Gendalf-golkiper
Possibly related to the level of development of the regional capital.

D
Dimon NEW 01.06.21

2petja5
I taught technology in all schools at the same time in each region

2Gendalf-golkiper
to build a school of the last, 3rd level, you need to have a royal observatory in the city

G
Gendalf-golkiper 01.06.21

Dimon NEW
ATP

p
petja5 01.06.21

how to build the last level of the school, i.e. "modern university".
I discovered the technology for its construction a long time ago, but I can’t build it, even when I point at the icon of a
“traditional university”, it’s not even possible to build a “modern university”.
tell me what to do?

I have the option, but it has been disabled for now.

F
Farso 01.06.21

Generally speaking, it is possible to build a "modern university" only in the metropolitan area. Nowhere else is it possible. One can only seize the capital regions of other powers, and if a "modern university" has already been built there, then it will become ours.

H
Holost 01.06.21

Yes, exactly "modern university" is possible only in the metropolitan area. I had about 12 educational institutions working in parallel. I don’t remember there were any restrictions. But by the 50s, he had studied almost all technologies. At the same time, I have an "absolute monarchy". One unpleasant feature of "population literacy" is boring. Constant uprisings even with minimal taxes (there were uprisings even when exempt from taxes). You have to suppress constantly.
In each educational institution, you can study 1 technology, respectively, for a number of moves. You only need to manage to build at least 1 improved building (barracks, farms, forges, etc.), this makes it possible to study technologies of the next level. Moreover, you can assign, for example, a very important technology that needs to be learned immediately. We go into the research tree and assign this technology to be studied in a "modern university", and not in school. The study time is greatly reduced.

m
madworld666_ 01.06.21

Hello everyone, I recently started playing Empire total war and
I don’t know much, I play for the Ottoman Empire, I have 5 schools, but the problem is that I can improve schools and “Traditional Universities” as much as possible, and “Modern Universities” do not I can build, although technology allows, but the building does not appear under the old one ... why is this so? is it a bug or the Ottoman Empire is not allowed to further develop the educational building or does it depend on the state system? if the state system becomes a republic or a const monarchy, will it be possible to develop further or not? who knows, please tell me, otherwise, without developing the building, it is impossible to study further social ideas, like "secular humanism"

m
mr. hakker 01.06.21

We will lie a university can only be built on the land where you have the main castle on others it is impossible