3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
DRON-TERRORIST 01.06.21 08:41 pm

Where does the name San Andreas come from? (Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas)

Purely by chance I stumbled upon Old and decided to push the topic ... about the name.
It turns out San Andreas is not only the name of igruhi, but also the name of a tectonic fault stretching past Los Angeles and San Francisco ... in the dignity there are cities, the prototypes of which were LA and S-F ... so I think, what can the name come from this rift? ... who thinks about this?

More information about the fault here or here (but this is the English version)

Fault
80 Comments
Sort by:
A
Argonaft 01.06.21

Well, what else can I add? You have already written and shown everything.

S
Shik 01.06.21

No, well, actually an awesome discovery. Fair. Drone rispektische. But I wonder if the developers know about this fault? ;)

A
A.Soldier of Light 01.06.21

Most likely they just borrowed this name. And nobody knew until now

v
victor13 01.06.21

Yes, not everyone knew, they just thought that others knew the identity and did not make the topic !!!!
although on the rift, not when there was no trace of san andreas, I mean cities and in the game itself there is no place where this rift is not so break off!

and if you first found out, some of them did not. I knew about the fault all my life. It's just stupid to create a topic, they delete such a topic in a moment !!!

L
Lee_ 01.06.21

are you sure about the rift in the game? there is a ship near Jizzy, dive under it, and look at the "rift" which is about 150 meters long ...

S
Shik 01.06.21

Listen, Vitenka, blah, you don’t even know Russian, what do you need to know about the San Andreas depression? It would be better to be silent, here the man made a discovery. For example, I am genuinely impressed.
By the way, this is no longer a discovery, but just a fact, the location of the cities of LA, SF and LP on the real map is exactly the same as in San Andreas, even the rivers are almost the same. Only the states are different and they are essentially far away.

V
Vexels 01.06.21

The location of the cities is the same ?! Crazy, or what ?! Well, the aircraft is located next to the Northern Fleet, yes. But LP ... damn it in Nevada! And this is wow ... her, you turned it over.

S
Shik 01.06.21

Fool, I said that the states are different. Las Vegas is roughly over Los Angeles anyway. Cities also form a triangle, although Las Vegas is far away. In short, enough to challenge my every word if you are always wrong anyway.

D
DRON-TERRORIST 01.06.21

viktor13, as you can see, NOT EVERYONE knew about this rift (I didn’t know either) ... so you failed (the topic was needed). And I want to express my regret that I created this topic without consulting you : '(.... since you found out about the existence of this rift before me. Really, type, you are just megointelektual! I still have to grow and grow to your level of knowledge!
Uh ... then I didn't quite understand that you are I wanted to tell me .... but even so I will answer: as you can see on the map, the rift passes by the cities, the images of which are in the dignity, so why should the developers not call the dignity state the name of this fault (the fault, like the state, covers both of these cities) ?. ..so
take a spoon and eat my ass, loud stsuk!
Shl SHik, thanks for the respect;)

S
Some 01.06.21

Where does the name San Andreas come from?

--------------------------------------------

From the developers :)

I
In the name of Ostashkovt 01.06.21

By the way, San Andreas is also a small town in California, well, by the way. :) And what about the fault in the game - it is true, it is, near the Northern Fleet, not far from the Golden Gates Bridge.

S
Shik 01.06.21

Noodles and Drone, well done, respect to both. Really very grateful to you for the information provided. Glad is on the same forum with such smart people. Well done.)))

D
DRON-TERRORIST 01.06.21

SHik, mutually!)

A
A.Soldier of Light 01.06.21

thank you :)

A
ArtLip14 01.06.21

As I see already from the sleigh everyone is going crazy (got it)

D
Depp 01.06.21

And Vice City is the capital of the Eldorado campaign!

G
GODWAR 01.06.21

san andreas translates to sun and resurrection

_
_trn_ 01.06.21

not translated, but read in the same way as in English "sun and resurrection" (like Sun and Rease, I don't remember exactly) ...

h
haha your dead 01.06.21

Hmm, a strange topic, they came up with it and that's it =)

B
BigZ 01.06.21

By the way, you also missed the fact. GTA 1 also had three cities and they were called guess what ..
Liberty City
Vice City
San Andreas