3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
ashour 01.06.21 09:41 pm

Character leveling (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic)

Hello everyone.
A question about the buildup of the protagonist (GG), in this case a villain / rogue and a scout. If you do not swing the GG the entire first part of the game, i.e. pass with one upgrade necessary at the very beginning, then when choosing a Jedi class, useful class skills are lost, as if "overwritten" by the Jedi.
Example - started playing for a rogue. gave the class skill "Sneak Attack 1" and "Thief's Luck 1". I went through the whole 1 part without buildup, i.e. at the 2nd level. And when I chose the "consul" class and began to swing the Persian with the "reserved" levels, then they "prescribed a beard" for me. I know for sure that the rogue at the 6th level acquires "improved thieves' luck" or at earlier levels "hidden attack 2 and>". And here, when upgrading the GG, when choosing a "consul"
Has anyone come across this ??? And, if so, how did you solve the problem?
15 Comments
Sort by:
i
ironHAMMER.ms 01.06.21

So you are upgrading the consul class, why did you decide that you should be given sticks from the rogue class?

a
ashour 01.06.21

so they are given from the very beginning and in the rogue class the last hidden attack is given at level 19 ... that is. at the end of the game ... maybe I explained something wrong ... my goal is to pump the Jedi-hedgehog Persian to the maximum while maintaining ALL pre-Jedi skills

i
ironHAMMER.ms 01.06.21

In Kotor, there is a class leveling of the DnD type, that is, in fact, you have 2 mutually exclusive ones when leveling a class. That is, to get "improved thief luck" you need 6th level in the rogue class, and not 6th character level. That is, it is impossible in principle to get the cheat perk for which the cheat level 19 is required

a
ashour 01.06.21

thanks for the consultation! How do you go about kotor1 yourself? those. by whom, at what level do you get the Jedi class, what class and the eternal question: 2 swords or one ... I prefer 1 sword, tk. like to watch HOW the battle takes place, and not how much damage the sword inflicts .... i.e. I swing my agility and the "duelist" perk to the maximum ....
and also - the perk improved luck of the rogue (+4 to defense) at level 6 and only then the choice of a Jedi class, in your opinion, is worse than getting a consul at level 3 level with the subsequent investment of the stored levels in the Jedi "powers"? Thank you

i
ironHAMMER.ms 01.06.21

Myself, in 2003, I did not have the Internet, and all my friends only fought against me. Usually, I standardly pump a Persian in the initial class to level 6, and then I pump into a Jedi from a weapon, I prefer a double sword if I play a scout / Jedi guard and a one-handed sword when I play a rogue / consul. In principle, for the consul, +2 to KB is not so important,
he will always get additional bonuses on himself, it is better to throw a level in strength.

a
ashour 01.06.21

Thank you! very much helped me out. not everything can be found in the guides! it is clear that "the taste and color ...", but I wanted to hear an opinion from the outside ... thanks again.
by the way, the soldier, due to the lack of class perks, such a trick that I wrote about at the beginning (from the 3rd grade to the Jedi Guardians) goes off with a bang ... wets everyone, no matter what, in cabbage, of course, with competently attracting companions for each mission.

a
ashour 01.06.21

and also, if there is time to answer .... your opinion on the distribution of attributes for each class. mine - soldier: strength 14, catch 18, carry-out and so on 10
rogue: power 12, catch 16, carry 10, intel 10, wise and har for 14.

soldiers like the fact that he has a hell of skills, namely they, it is not skills that determine the style and effectiveness of the game ... that is. for the demolition skill (neutralization of mines) I take a mission with me.

and more - charisma !!! I have a big question about it. read the manual on it on localhost ... and all the same questions:
1. + conviction - this is understandable.
2. + how it differs from wisdom when upgrading a character ... what affects the number of points of character's strength with an increase in the level is understandable ... but on the LCI website it is painted vaguely.
3. + is it true that she's great charisma reduces the mana cost for the "alien" power ???
Thank you

i
ironHAMMER.ms 01.06.21

Kotor uses a system similar to DnD, that is, throws of 20-sided dice (of course, these throws are calculated by the computer automatically). For example, my GG soldier is a level 8 guard Jedi 1 with the "Strangulation" power pumped over, and I am trying to apply this power to the enemy.
I roll a die to calculate a successful attempt to use force and get 15, the
enemy rolls a die for resistance and gets 16, then there are bonuses, suppose the enemy has a saving throw of 2 toughness, and in the end he
gets 18. But my GG has wisdom of 12 (+1) and charisma 16 (+3), respectively,
then my result will be 19. The use of force was successful. All game actions (attack, defense, use of skills) are calculated in the same way. Wisdom from charisma in terms of strength differs in that wisdom gives an increase in the increase in strength points by a level by a bonus from the modifier, i.e. if my GG gets +4 strength per default level from the class, then with wisdom +1 he will receive 5 strength points ... Wisdom also increases the number dropped on the die when trying to use force on the modifier bonus. Charisma also gives a bonus to this value, but does not give bonuses to gaining strength points. However, it reduces the cost of using oppositely directed forces (good evil forces versus evil good forces) without affecting the cost of neutral ones. True, I did not quite understand the formula by which this bonus is calculated.

a
ashour 01.06.21

thanks .... really helped !!! accept my respect! THANK YOU!

a
ashour 01.06.21

damn .... hopefully, the last question, otherwise it's already inconvenient ... in your opinion, which of the classes before / djed and after / djed. has great protection against melee attacks (vibro and laser sword) or ranged attacks.
my observations - the level 7 rogue was in no way inferior to the level 5 guardian Jedi. at least at the end of the 1st part, in the lair of the davik, my rogue of the 7th level never got a dick. neither this nor that. I'm in akhera ... thief's "improved luck" (+4 defense) + reaction saves inherent in this class (thief) are better than a soldier without bells and whistles, but with greater agility attributes and resilience saves.

the game is super, but the developers themselves say that to understand the intricacies of classes - you need eternity!

it turns out, if I understand you correctly, the slightest change in the characteristics of the GG, and even depending on the situation, will be reflected in different ways on the situation in the game?

i
ironHAMMER.ms 01.06.21

Well, a soldier and later a Jedi guard is a tank. Pump up his healing,
give him heavy armor and double weapons (if you want him to also de-mech) or one-handed (if you want even more protection) and he will perfectly pull all enemies on him. The combination of a rogue / Jedi Guardian and a Scout / Jedi Guardian also has good protection, if you pump
into dexterity and pump a rogue to level 6, it will have an excellent
AC indicator (I got up to 30), as well as immunity to fear / stun / paralysis,
and the second can put in itself excellent implants that greatly enhance it.
Although any class can raise KB by wearing armor or dressing
gloves / belts / implants (if there is a skill) that increase dexterity. However, it should be borne in mind that KB only increases the chance of dodging an attack, but does not reduce the damage from it. Reduces the damage parameter damage reduction (from some items) and the second level of the skill "resilience". Also, weapons inflict different types of damage, for example, vibro-
swords are physical and lightsabers are energetic, so sometimes it is more useful not to short-circuit but to the level of resistance to one or another type of damage.

a
ashour 01.06.21

THANK YOU!!!

W
Wolfryu21 01.06.21

ashour The
best pair is the scout turned into a keeper at 5th level. Maximum combat feats, many skills and strength, and overall very balanced.

R
Revan Jedi Master 01.06.21

ashour I
had to choose a Soldier and on Dantooine the Defender he is much better

R
Revan Jedi Master 01.06.21

Brothers help me here's a question I play Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic with a Jedi mod first, can I upgrade my primary class? Soldier Scout Scoundrel for the early Thank you