3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Philip1543 01.06.21 09:43 pm

Where are the shadows from the clothes? (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Hello.
I can't understand everything. All sorts of settings on ultras, hair from nVidia, light shafts - divine rays, fold-freezing, drawing a shadow from every blade of grass and ... no shadows on the skin from clothes or from amulets. Is this normal at all? Bug or feature?
5 Comments
Sort by:
N
Nurp 01.06.21

Philip1543
... smiled with his complaint about the 15-year-old's game, despite the fact that she already looks quite cheerful in the 21st.

P
Philip1543 01.06.21

Nurp
Claim of inconsistency. The textures are excellent, the shadows from the grass and objects in general are detailed, the weather, lighting are excellent. But on the skin and clothes - they scored. In general, I thought at first, this is a bug, since the difference is striking.

R
Real slim shady 01.06.21

Philip1543
Well, I don't know what rushes to you, it seems to me that something else catches my eye)

N
Nurp 01.06.21

Philip1543 wrote: the
difference is striking.
... that's what catches the eye and wildly annoys everyone - the loading range of detailed textures, and the shadows on the carcasses did not excite in any way)))

M
MunchkiN 616 01.06.21

By the way, I don’t know why they are not. shaduvmapping doesn't care. but there is a problem the shadows would be too clear which is bad. perhaps the shadows are considered according to a more complex algorithm and the amulet is too small a detail in this case. there are no shadows specifically to avoid any problems with them at the junction of geometries.
or the character is already standing in the shade of the pitch-pitch,

how can the self-shade be changed from the sun as from the cascading light, or from the precise lamps if the game has not been sold-graded