3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
Foxxy_Fantasy 01.06.21 09:46 pm

Help in choosing a cooling system

Hello everyone!
I have the following assembly available: Z270, GTX 1070 (standard single valve) and i7-7700K, on ​​which Deepcool Gammax 300 is installed.
This has ceased to be enough lately, a better cooling system is needed (not water, only air).
Advise, whose coolers are better to look after, what to look for when choosing? Ideally, those that will then take out a more powerful percentage. And is it possible to do something with one valve on the vidyuh?

UPD: at the moment the card can heat up to 75 degrees in voracious games, the percentages are about the same.
5 Comments
Sort by:
L
Len4ik00N 01.06.21

Foxxy_Fantasy
Foxxy_Fantasy wrote:
is there anything you can do with one valve on vidyuha?
You can put other turntables on the video card itself or next to it on the case so that there is additional airflow, but it is better to start by lowering the voltage of the GPU core (aka "undervolting") - there will be more profit, free of charge and without losing the appearance of the PC.

F
Foxxy_Fantasy 01.06.21

Len4ik00N
Thank you for your advice. Does undervolting not affect card performance decrease?

T
Tekeshi_Tetsuo 01.06.21

Foxxy_Fantasy
Does not reduce it, you can undervolt it and at the same time overclock it, and for which you will not lose performance, but on the contrary will add and the temperature will also be lower.

F
Foxxy_Fantasy 01.06.21

Tekeshi_Tetsuo
To do this, you need at least a little fumbling about what you are doing. In the same Afterburner, the function is blocked (I tried all the guides), and it's not a big deal to get into BIOS.

L
Len4ik00N 01.06.21

Foxxy_Fantasy
Foxxy_Fantasy wrote:
Does undervolting affect card performance degradation?
If you do everything without fanaticism, haste and "according to the instructions", then no (and if the copy of the card is successful), but performance can generally increase: the card has limitations in temperature and power; with undervolting, both are reduced - the card will "drop" frequencies less often. Personally, I would not overclock the card, given its age and "cut" (in terms of cooling), and especially the current prices for video cards, but it's up to you.