3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
synth17dm 13.06.21 12:17 am

How to get rid of ultra-low resolution textures? (Cyberpunk 2077)

Good day everyone, such a question, does anyone know how to get rid of textures that turn into mush on food vending machines and advertising posters? The vanilla version of the game still randomly comes across incredibly low resolution textures for no reason, no matter how awesome your PC is and what presets are selected, all Ultra or High even on an SSD. This is how it looks on the official CDPR forum for understanding, I don't even know what else to write in the ini configs:

- (before ".com", "blurry" and "after" you need to remove the space, I know what looks idiotic, but PG does not skip the link cutting it down, making it not working) https: //forums.cdprojektred. com / index.php? threads / blurry-tattoos-and-posters- after-1-04-patch.11046329 /

17 Comments
Sort by:
s
synth17dm 13.06.21

I tried the mod "Blade Runner 2077 Orion Edition V2.5 Final", the same thing ..

s
synth17dm 13.06.21

I set the "Texture filtering" parameter in the NVIDIA control panel to "Quality", it didn't help ..

People with desktop 1070 and 3070 have the same problems, it does not depend on the video card.

s
synth17dm 13.06.21

Following the example from this video, I made changes to UserSettings.json, but did not check the "Read only" checkbox -

File path - C: Users "USERNAME" AppData Local CD Projekt Red

Changes:

In addition, added this part in another doc., which he created, the name can be anything, for example User.ini, as an option, you can add this content to another mod, such as E3 2018 Lighting and its part E3_Demo.ini

It should be along the path - ..Cyberpunk 2077 engine config platform pc

Result:

s
synth17dm 13.06.21

The porridge disappeared, despite the fact that my settings are far from High and I did not change them, there were enough edits in the docks, a simple twisting to Maximum did not help.

C
Crosna 13.06.21

but you can read more about it: (In addition, I added this part to another doc. I created myself, the name can be any, for example User.ini, as an option, you can add this content to another mod, such as E3 2018 Lighting and its part E3_Demo.ini

It should be along the path - ..Cyberpunk 2077 engine config platform pc )
What to add exactly?

Z
Zentrus 13.06.21

synth17dm
Can you tell us a little more about mods? Is it possible to change the quality of textures only in them? My computer is not powerful enough to play with maximum texture quality, and some mods need it to work correctly. I think a couple of textures from mods are unlikely to affect performance.

s
synth17dm 13.06.21

Crosna
Hold (I suppose that the main thing here is the DynamicTexture item, and the rest may not affect it in any way, but I set everything to True):
[Rendering / AsyncCompute]

; Disable (False) for free FPS. (Should help GeForce GPUs pre-RTX 20xx, and also on older pre-Vega AMD Radeon)
BuildDepthChain = True
DynamicTexture = True
Enable = True
FlattenNormals = True
HairClears = True
LutGeneration = True
RaytraceASBuild = True
SSAO = True

s
synth17dm 13.06.21

Zentrus
Before loading the save, try to set Textures to Medium in the Graphics Settings, adding only one item "DynamicTexture = True" to the * .ini file with an arbitrary name. Drop it along the specified path - .. Cyberpunk 2077 engine config platform pc and see what happens. Most likely, porridge will not appear, in general, the picture will not deteriorate much and it will put on FPS as much as High settings for Textures. I, too, have iron on fire, but I still leave the Textures at maximum speed, I add performance by reducing the resolution and the General Optimization mod. Here is a review on it.

At the expense of changing the quality of textures from modifications, inside archives, without a tutorial and a certain toolkit, I realized by simple edits in text files, I think that this is possible according to the same principle, it will be enough just to lower the settings in the game or by writing in the UserSettings file - "value" : "Medium" should work like default.

s
synth17dm 13.06.21

Crosna

I noticed that the author from YouTube flashed a similar item in the UserSettings file - "is_dynamic": false, but there he offers to tick the "Read only" checkbox after the changes made. This means that all the graphics settings that are changed in the usual way while in the game will no longer be saved, which did not suit me. If you change it to true, instead of felse, it can be reset and superlow textures return. Therefore, a fix in the form of an ini file with a prescribed value for dynamic textures, which are posters, posters, advertising, as I understand it, in this case guarantee adequate display of the picture on food vending machines, etc.

Z
Zentrus 13.06.21

synth17dm On the contrary,
I need to somehow improve the quality of textures. I already have an average.
I have already tried to set high quality textures + General Optimization and minimum graphics settings, but then my game crashes when loading saves (It is during the game. When loading from the main menu, everything works). Therefore, I am asking about whether it is possible to adjust the high quality of textures only in the mod files, and not in the whole game. Game settings and UserSettings affect the entire game. If there is no other way, then it is possible and not simple edits in text files.

s
synth17dm 13.06.21

Zentrus
I don't quite understand how this will solve the problem with crashes, but in theory you can unzip the mod, upscale the texture to 8K and pack it back. But this is at least a laborious and unreasonable way. Bugs with saves can occur due to the fact that some mod was installed on the trial, and then it was removed and now all subsequent saves before installing it broke without it. In this case, there is only one way out, to roll back to the save when these problems were not observed. I remembered about the mod that unlocks the graphic settings in the game, the title mentions "Resolution scale limit". Insanely long name on the Nexus - Unlock Global Illumination Settings with (Increased FOV - Mouse sensitivity - Zoom sensitivity - Resolution scale limit) Better Controls Mod Compitable

s
synth17dm 13.06.21

Zentrus
Even if the video card and monitor allow, then you can try DSR

Z
Zentrus 13.06.21

Departures are not due to mods, but due to graphics settings. When I change "high quality textures + everything else at minimum" to my usual settings, everything works fine.
I will have to try unzipping the mods and increasing the texture resolution. I think it can help. Tomorrow I'll try to do something about it.
That mod / DSR, I think, could be tried to be used in order to make the picture look better at the minimum settings, but I doubt that it will help, because there are crashes. However, I will try.

s
synth17dm 13.06.21

Zentrus

DSR is not a mod, but the functionality of some video cards from NVIDIA, it is revealed only in conjunction with monitors from 2K and higher, if all this is not there, then there is no other way to use it.

Z
Zentrus 13.06.21

synth17dm
I understood perfectly well that this is not a mod! I meant "that mod from the nexus that you mentioned or DSR"

C
Crosna 19.08.21

synth17dm
as I understand this: [Rendering / AsyncCompute]

; Disable (False) for free FPS. (Should help GeForce GPUs pre-RTX 20xx, and also on older pre-Vega AMD Radeon)
BuildDepthChain = True
DynamicTexture = True
Enable = True
FlattenNormals = True
HairClears = True
LutGeneration = True
RaytraceASBuild = True
SSAO = True
add to E3_Demo.ini file I have this just on the way Cyberpunk 2077 engine config platform pc
to the very end?

E
ED61 19.08.21

synth17dm
Thanks buddy !!!! helped on the 10xx generation map changed in the file - it became better clearly