3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Reverrius 13.06.21 12:34 am

Skills and abilities in the game. What are we going to develop? (Arcania: Gothic 4)

We are discussing a new system of skills and abilities in the game.
Compared to the previous parts of the series, the role-playing system has been simplified and fragmented. Parameters like strength, agility, etc. we no longer have, and the skills themselves have also changed, in particular, there are no more thieves' skills, hunting and handicrafts (some of the possibilities are available from the very beginning, for example, our character is already a master of breaking any locks from the very beginning).

Screen of the new system:

pix.PlayGround.ru

Description of skills and abilities:

Fortitude
The main attribute on the entire scale is Morale.
Allows you to deal more damage in melee combat and restore energy faster.
Required level - 1

Each level added to the skill gives the following bonuses:
+1 Stamina recovery
+1 Melee Shield

Talents / Feats:

Swift Attack
Automatically shortens the distance to an enemy that cannot be reached with a normal attack.
Required level - 1

Powerful blow
You can increase the power of the blow by holding the attack button. This takes up to 17 units of stamina. The blow will deal additional damage and penetrate the enemy's block.
Required level - 5

Discipline
The main attribute on the entire scale is Crushing Blow, after level 8 it turns into Mighty Blow.
Allows you to deal more physical damage in melee and increases the level of health.
Required level - 2

+1 Health
+1 Melee

Shield-Marked Talents / Skills:

Combo
While your weapon glows after hitting (if enabled), attack again for a combo of strikes. Each hit in a series takes 6 points of stamina. A two-handed streak has fewer hits than a one-handed streak.
Required level - 1

Hail of blows
Allows up to 6 blows in a row.
Required level - 4

Improved streak
Allows two streaks in a row. Each attack requires 6 points of stamina.
A two-handed streak has fewer hits than a one-handed streak.
Required level - 7

Hurricane Strikes
Allows an unlimited number of strikes in a row.
Required level - 10

Expert Series
Allows you to play 3 series in a row. Each attack requires 6 points of stamina. A two-handed streak has fewer hits than a one-handed streak.
Required level - 13

Power
The main attribute on the entire scale - Fortitude
Increases the level of health and stamina.
Required level - 4

+1 to Stamina
+1 to Health

Talents / skills marked with shields:

Knockback
Allows you to knock back an enemy with a shield strike or the hilt of a weapon, to temporarily deprive him of the opportunity to fight. Press the attack button during melee, when blocking enemy strikes with a weapon or shield, and you will take 17 points of stamina from him.
Required level - 3

Accuracy
The main attribute on the entire scale - Fine Sense
Allows you to deal more damage when shooting and increases the amount of energy.
Required level - 2

+1 to Shooting
+1 to Mana

Eagle Eye
Allows you to aim more accurately using a special zoom button.
Required level - 1

Steady Hand
Increases Accuracy with Archery
Required Level - 4

Murderous Accuracy
A shot in the head or neck deals 100% more damage.
Required level - 8

Hail of blows
Allows you to carry out an unlimited number of blows in a row.
Required level - 10

Stealth
The main attribute on the entire scale is Instinct.
Allows you to deal more damage when shooting and increases the health reserve.
Required level - 5

+1 to Shooting
+1 to Health

Spy
Allows you to sneak up on opponents so that they do not immediately notice you.
Required level - 4

Ambush
A shot at an enemy who did not notice you deals 100% more damage.
Required level - 13

Zeal
The main attribute on the entire scale is Innos's favor.
Allows you to deal more magic damage when shooting and restore mana faster.
Required level - 5

+1 to Magic
+1 to Mana Regeneration

Fire Strike
The usual variant of the Fire Arrow spell, costing 20 mana, deals 12 damage, and over the next 4 seconds, 8 additional damage (the enemy is on fire)
Required level - 4

All-devouring flame
"All-devouring flame" halves the duration of the effect of fire spells but increases their damage done by 50%.
Required Level - 7

Fireball
You release a large ball of fire energy called a Fireball. This spell can be strengthened by holding the attack button for a while. The enhanced version of the Fireball spell costs 20-56 mana, and instantly deals 12-24 damage to all enemies within the spell's field of action.
The Fire skill enhances the effect of Fireballs, and together they deal additional damage for some time after use.
Required level - 10

Fire
Inflicts additional damage to enemies hit by the Fireball spell for the next 4 seconds (the enemy is on fire).
Required level - 13

Inferno
By holding down the attack button, you can strengthen the spell to the maximum. This is a particularly powerful variant of the Fireball spell, costing 56 mana, dealing 30 damage to all targets in the spell's area of ​​effect, and also ignites the hit area for 10 seconds. Enemies caught in this zone take an additional 8 points of additional damage over 4 seconds, until they leave it.
Required level - 16

Clarity
The main attribute on the entire scale - Adanos's favor
Increases mana reserve and speeds up its recovery
Required level - 5

Each level added to a skill gives the following bonuses:
+1 to Mana
+1 to Mana Regeneration

Ice Arrow
A normal variant of the Ice Arrow spell, costing 20 mana, dealing 15 damage and slowing the enemy by 35% for 10 seconds. The Penetrating Cold skill prolongs the effect of this spell.
Required level - 4

Cold Penetration Cold
Penetration increases the duration of all freezing spells by 50%.
Required level - 7

Frostbite
"Frostbite" reduces the damage done by slowed freezing spells to enemies by 50%.
Required level - 10

Crystal Cage
"Ice Sphere" spell, which can be enhanced by holding down the attack button. The enhanced version of this spell costs 20-39 mana, deals 10-20 magical damage and freezes the target for 8 seconds. Penetrating Cold prolongs the effect of the spell. If a frozen target takes damage from weapons or other types of magic, then it thaws ahead of time.
Required level - 13

Stasis
By holding down the attack button, you can boost the spell to the maximum. This is an especially powerful variant of the spell "Ice Orb", which costs 39 mana, dealing 25 points of magic damage and transforming the target into a motionless block of ice for 15 seconds. Penetrating Cold prolongs the effect of the spell.
Required level - 16

Domination
The main attribute on the entire scale is Beliar's favor.
Allows you to deal more magic damage and increases mana reserves.
Required level - 5

+1 Magic
+1 Mana

Lightning
A common variant of the Lightning spell, costing 14 mana, dealing 10 damage and stunning the enemy for 4 seconds, paralyzing her. The Penetrating Cold skill prolongs the effect of this spell.
Required level - 4

Torment
Torment increases damage dealt to stunned enemies by 30%.
Required level - 7

Chain Lightning
This spell can be enhanced by holding down the attack button. The enhanced version of this spell costs 14-56 units of mana, and can hit up to 5 enemies at once, jumping from one target to another. Each target takes 8 damage and is stunned with an electrical shock for 4 seconds.
Required level - 10

Mortal Strike
The Mortal Strike spell immediately kills an enemy with less than 33% vitality. This spell does not kill very strong opponents, but it deals very sensitive damage.
Required level - 13

Tempest of Torment By
holding down the attack button, you can strengthen the spell to the maximum. This is a particularly powerful variant of the Static Charge spell, costing 56 mana, dealing damage to one enemy and all targets around him. All of these targets are stunned with shock for 4 seconds and take 15 damage each.
Required level - 16
41 Comments
Sort by:
C
Chemical brother 13.06.21

Nda ... I knew that everything was bad, but not to such an extent, I didn't want to play at all.

D
Dark andrew 13.06.21

Yeah, ugly system. However, I will still go through it 1 time and delete it.

R
Reverrius 13.06.21

I totally agree that the system is squalid and squalid. Primitive for consoles and the American market.

p
pilich 13.06.21

Horrible. Nightmare. Adb. * Pichal *.
American schoolchildren will be happy, Joe and the Spells have achieved their goal ...

C
Chemical brother 13.06.21

More like two worlds, nonsense.

R
Reverrius 13.06.21

Chemical Brother, Two Worlds was better.

-
-DV- 13.06.21

TW had an ordinary role-playing system, four parameters + a set of skills (general, warrior, magician, archer), each of which was pumped up to 10 times, like, nothing to do with this tree. And this tree is like the role-playing system of the Alpha protocol, only in Alpha and that (in my opinion) was better thought out.

Most of all I did not like in the role of Arkasha, that the parameters (such as strength, agility) were removed ...

R
Reverrius 13.06.21

to -DV-
I agree, it looks like AP, but in it the skills and abilities were more diverse. Plus there were perks, they are not here.
Regarding the parameters of Arkania, then yes, now we only have: Melee, Shooting and Magic. Well, ash tree stump Health / Stamina / Mana.

D
Danila STALKER 13.06.21

"Melee, Shooting and Magic"
Is it like "Strength, Dexterity and Mana"? Or are there any differences?

-
-DV- 13.06.21

Is it like Strength, Dexterity and Mana? Or are there any differences?

I don't know if they affect the availability of armor, but in general, probably yes, only they are not pumped separately, but are given as a bonus to a certain branch.

S
Shaarast 13.06.21

Dumb Arkania. And, as I understand it, there are only 16 levels in the game. Isn't that nonsense? If they wanted to make her look like Gothic, then they had to not take away strength, dexterity and mana. Also leave the percentage of gun ownership. There was no need to do endurance (this is one of the main advantages of Gothic 1 and 2 in this regard). And I generally keep quiet about the teachers ...

P
Pomu4 13.06.21

Sharast
well, first of all, I'm clearly not lvl 16 in it (remember the previous parts of lvl, you could raise as much as you like and pump in all the skills) I think it will be similar.
removed all of the console players. mhm if I remember so 1 and 3 there were no percentages, there were steps

S
Shaarast 13.06.21

mhm if I remember so 1 and 3 there were no percentages, there were steps
Are these parts? Then I'm afraid to upset you. As far as I remember, there was interest there. But they swayed in "steps". In the second part, there were percentages. In the beginning, I could not blow up at all ...

M
MikenFox 13.06.21

Mass Effect is like Mass Effect. Got where the developers got the crap ... stole the skill system? ...

D
Danila STALKER 13.06.21

I looked at the review at the demo of this Gothic and I'll tell you something - I don't want to not only pump some skills, but generally buy this very game. I'd better play Risen. As it is not at all similar to my usual "Night of the Raven". If at one time they experienced the strangeness of the third Gothic, then this is not at all desirable. Another is a game. And I don’t need to talk about evolution, the series certainly didn’t go for the better.

P
Pomu4 13.06.21

Sharast I
do not argue in the 2nd was the percentage of 1% = 1 point to skill. but here in the 1st and 3rd parts there were steps (1st is holding a sword in 2 hands, 2nd is in one, 3rd is in one and is lowered to the bottom). I thought about 16 levels ... it is quite possible that each lvl is 3 points total 48. but I certainly hope that the developed (unfortunately not piranhas) will think of making at least 40-50 levels

S
Shaarast 13.06.21

In the second, the sword was also held in different ways. Remember. There he holds first one, then one, but in a different way and one, lowered down and back ...
And in the third ... I am silent about her. It's hard for me to call it a game, let alone gothic, and even more so ...

May Ilyich forgive us for the flood. Amen!

In general, this is not a flood. So I just forgive. :)

u
urko 13.06.21

The maximum level is 30, it will not

be possible to pump everything ... Here you can play with the characteristics ...
Activation of the console will probably be complete, the same ...
My Documents Arcania - Gothic 4 Demo Input.xml - add an entry (by analogy with the others).
"left arrow" Input command = "cheat menu">
"left arrow" Key code = "41" />
"left arrow" Activation type = "first active" />
"left arrow" / Input>

P
Pomu4 13.06.21

30 levels - 90 skill points, as it were, it would be possible to just go into war, or an archer, or a magician, or a hybrid

A
AnRip 13.06.21

firmness, discipline and power .. shorter than a typical double-handed DD)