3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Arkrade 18.06.21 11:53 pm

Is a reprint possible? (Sacred)

Recently I saw a post in the incentive a year ago calling for a remaster. And as I understand it, Nordic (the real owners of Sacred rights) unsubscribed under this post and said that "they are thinking about this."
But you shouldn't rejoice ahead of time. They recently republished the Titan quest, and practically did not change anything.
10 Comments
Sort by:
L
Lodnar 18.06.21

Arkrade Reprints
unlikely. The development company has sunk into oblivion, and others will not be able to do their work as it should, or will only ruin the game. (Both were well shown by "Sacred" 3, where, apart from the name of the game, nothing remained.)
If Titan Quest still had a sense to remember (Graphics and the world there are more conducive to sales in our time than in Sacred. And even then the publication of the game on the phone brought them some money), then a lazy re-release of the game will not help, and, alas, there is no one to make remasters and remakes.

c
close one 18.06.21

Lodnar
Have the developers sunk into oblivion? They also transformed into Gaming Minds Studios, which is now owned by the Kalypso Media Group. There, it seems, even some of the developers from Ascaron remained.
Another thing is that Deep Silver now owns the rights to Sacred and whether they need a remaster of Sacred is a big question.
I would like him, the game is cool.

L
Lodnar 18.06.21

close one
Didn't know exactly where they went. I looked - the company, as I see it, since the days of Sacred, they have not even tried to take on the old genre, which is rather sad.
Deep Silver has the rights, Deep Silver is in the hands of THQ, and they have not claimed the title of a large and modern publisher for a long time, but the tendency to republish what they once sold is the same Titan Quest, which was dug out ten years later and they even made additions to it and the future republished Gothic, and for sure the reprints of old games will not end with it.
But whether there is a place for Sacred in possible re-releases is a very vague question, although maybe if the same Diablo remake sells well, then it would be quite a reasonable move on the part of THQ to "raise from the dead" an old and quite worthy competitor.

A
Arkrade 18.06.21

Lodnar wrote:
But whether there is a place for Sacred in possible re-releases is a question too vague, although maybe if the same Diablo remake sells well, then it would be a very reasonable move on the part of THQ to "raise from the dead" an old and quite worthy competitor.
If the game gets a re-release, it won't go far from a re-release of Titan Quest. At first I was delighted, and then I saw what kind of re-releases THQ was doing and somehow got depressed ... Sacred deserves a full-fledged remaster, but given the size of the world, which will have to be translated into 3D work, of course, not for everyone. A careful approach is needed here.

Such as in the case of the remaster Diablo. As they said at the presentation, you need to be a talented archaeologist. And then, the sizes of the worlds Diablo and Sacred cannot be compared, in Sacred it will be necessary to apply more forces, and accordingly pour more money.

G
Goryun 09.01.22

If you are tired of waiting for a re-release, try the fan mod - ReBorn HD. Of course, this is not the level of the remake, but with it the game on modern systems feels much better. Works well and maintains high resolution.

3Lexas 09.01.22

it would be nice to have a remake of the game. Otherwise, the game is quite good, but getting stuck constantly in all sorts of pixels is just awful
here you need a remake of the level of resident evil 3. Just the best of the best

b
borismoiseevrmx 09.01.22

it would be good if PoE did not monopolize this genre, and then the remaster in the person of Diabla 2 resurrected hammered the last nail into the coffin of the idea. PS Ascaron seems to have been closed for a long time.

G
Goryun 09.01.22

borismoiseevrmx
PoE, Diabla and Sacred are of course similar, but they are not exactly clones of each other.

As for closing Askaron - the new owner of the license for the Sacred brand has the right to release a remake if he wants. For example, a year ago, Ziggurat bought the rights to BloodRayne and re-released all three existing games. Rumor has it that even a sequel is being made.

G
Goryun 09.01.22

3Lexas
I agree, I would also like a completely updated Sacred, with new graphics and flexible control settings. Yet the fan mod, at least for now, cannot offer all of this.

M
MunchkiN 616 13.01.22

you can add modern resolutions 2D sprites through the neural network to drive 3D models to smooth and screw gamepad support. but why .... on the idea of ​​​​a remaster will be needed if there are any plans for the development of the game series, but it’s so difficult to say how popular this game was.
Diablo 2 and 3 have been played so far, and there the presentation was here for you a classic remaster, and there is Diablo 4 where the one that is possible as a sacred will be.

Such as in the case of the Diablo remaster. As they said at the presentation, you need to be a talented archaeologist. And then, the sizes of the worlds of Diablo and Sacred cannot be compared, in Sacred it will be necessary to make more efforts, and, accordingly, pour in more money.
in general, probably yes, no, not really, if you keep the same camera. It is unlikely that the world of the sacred is very large, as far as I remember it. there, rather, the question is how it is patched up, because the models are 3d and the background is 2d and houses with basements most likely will have to be done manually. but Diablo 2 I don't know it's 3d. in theory, if it is in full 3d, it can be more difficult due to generations, but there is more interaction logic there, like the old one has remained.