3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
k
kichirro 19.06.21 12:07 am

Why does the game weigh so much? (Payday 2)

I bought full payday 2 with all the extras. When installing, it says that the play weighs 31GB. I downloaded only 6 GB, I look and the disk is 75 GB less. I decided to find out what it is, I go into the folder with steam and in the downoloading folder I see payday, it weighs 75 gigs, despite the fact that I, as Steam writes, did not even download half of it. Does this mean the game weighs 100 gigs? If so, I think how did these 75 gigs get downloaded? I downloaded only an hour, the speed would not allow downloading so many. How can you make the size smaller? And if you remove the dls, you can then download them without having to completely reinstall the game?

2 Comments
Sort by:
_
_iSTALKER_ 19.06.21

kichirro
Weight of the whole game 70+ GB
Downloadable 31 GB. After downloading, unpacking begins. Steam immediately reserves memory for the unpacked game, hence the occupied space.
You cannot disable DLC, because they are immediately included in the main game after the update (more precisely, it is possible, but this will not reduce the size, but only limit access to content). Even if you have the standard edition, the game will still weigh 70+ GB. This makes it possible to pass contracts from the DLC simply by connecting to some kind of player, and see all the weapons from the add-ons, while not having these DLCs.

R
RestlessDreams91 19.06.21

The soundtrack folders can be demolished, however, you won't win much space. But still.