3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
v
vftor 28.06.21 11:58 am

Companion IDs change (Fallout 4)

During the game, for some reason, the IDs of the companions change:
1. Piper: - 00002f1f (love, wife)
2. Barbara:
- 1d010374
- 1f010374 (love, mistress)
- 1e010374
3. Jeanne:
- 17004cb3
- 19004cb3
- 18004cb3
4.Ellen:
- 1f002864
5.Elizabet:
- 17016dbf
- 16016dbf
6.Enn Hargraves - 00036d72
7.Magnoliya - 0002268b
8.Skarlett - 0004b242
9.Keyt - 00,079,305 (love)
10.Lyusi Abernathy - 0006d3a4
I suppose that because of the increase of relations MGY with companions, but this ratio increases for all companions, and for some reason a change in ID for some.
Who knows the possible reasons for ID changes?
13 Comments
Sort by:
B
Basil44 04.07.21

the first two digits of the ID are the serial number of the mod in the download list

3. Jeanne:
- 17004cb3
- 19004cb3
- 18004cb3 you
add / remove new mods above the mods for companions, so the number of
mods changes from 17th, then 19th, then 18th

vanilla companions in the list start with 00, since fallout.esm is the first in the list and does not change its position

v
vftor 04.07.21

Basil44 wrote: the
first two digits of the ID are the serial number of the mod in the download list
It is logical, but aren't the mods loaded in the order of the list in plugins.txt, in which the same Jeanne is above all new mods?

B
Basil44 04.07.21

vftor
order can be violated without your knowledge in two cases:
1) if you use LOOT, it mixes the mods, as God puts it on your soul
2) if you download a mod from the Bethesda website, the loading order can again be violated, up to the impossibility of starting the game ...

v
vftor 04.07.21

Basil44
I agree about LOOT, but I don't use it. But the loading order corresponds to the order of the list of .esp files in plugins.txt and when installing new mods below the old ones, the order of old mods by number does not change. So ? And I always install mods only manually: I copy the files to Data, put the esp file in the plugins.txt list (below the old mods) and save it in Wrye Bash. If it is not registered in Wrye Bash or is marked in red, then such a mod either does not work or bugs in the game, I delete it and start the game from the previous save.

l
longerr2007 23.07.21

vftor
Put the "Read Only" attribute on the file. Then nothing can change it - not even the game.

v
vftor 23.07.21

longerr2007
If you mean the plugins.txt file, then nothing changes in it, except when, after installing a mod, I write the mod file (.esp) in it, and then when registering in Wrye Bash, in plugins. txt is given an asterisk for this mod. The mod loading order remains unchanged. So the ID of the companions changes for some other reason.

l
longerr2007 23.07.21

vftor An
asterisk means that the mod is enabled. But the game itself loves to change the loading order. However, you can check if this is so in your case, in the game go to the list of your mods and see the order.

v
vftor 23.07.21

longerr2007 The
list of all mods is reflected in Wrye Bash and exactly matches the list in plugins.txt. This mod order does not change.

v
vftor 23.07.21

longerr2007
Met a comment on gamer-mods.ru: "some mods need to be installed after certain quests (or actions), say in the middle of the game, but at the same time the mod ID changes (and this, as they say, is not good), especially for quest mods and with scripts, therefore you can rename the empty ESP to the desired mod and install the games first, and then, at the right time, replace it with the original one, while the order of the mod IDs will not change. " Maybe this is related to the change in the ID of the companions?

l
longerr2007 23.07.21

vftor
I've never used WB, so I don't know how it works. I told you that you need to check the order in the game itself, open the modification menu and look. Often the game itself changes the order and even disables mods. This is a possible reason for changing ID.

v
vftor 23.07.21

longerr2007
In my Modifications Menu, it shows only mods in the Global Mod for the game without specifying the loading order, and all mods (global and others) are visible in Wrye Bash in the order of the loading list, which also correspond to the list in plugins.txt.

l
longerr2007 23.07.21

vftor
Not quite sure. Let me show you what I mean. You can track all the changes made by the game in the boot order.
Spoiler

v
vftor 23.07.21

longerr2007
Looked, I see. At first, when I start the game in the Menu, the Modifications section is darkened (disabled). You can only Continue or Download. After loading the game in the location, you can go to the Menu and go to the Modifications, where there really is a subsection Load Order (I did not use this subsection). There are a lot of mods.
1. Looked at the initial 8 pieces (on the last save 133), compared them with the list in plugins.txt, everything converges. Maud Elizabeth is in 17th place (from the start).
2. Looked at Elizabeth's mod in plugins.txt on the 18th save game. It is in 14th place. Therefore, the change in Elizabeth's ID was really due to a change in the position of the loading order.
3. Compared the position of the Piper loading order (on save 1 and 133), also different, but her ID has not changed.
It can be concluded that only all Non-Story satellites can change the ID from the position of the loading order. But then it turns out that if the game is working fine, then it is better not to change this load order. In general, I figured out this problem. Thank you very much for your participation.