3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Podvipodvertov 12.07.21 09:34 pm

Disadvantages preventing the game from becoming a 100% masterpiece. (Forza Horizon 5)

I like the Forza Horizon series of games, this series is one of the main reasons why I chose the Mike console. This game is not without flaws, unfortunately, but also, unfortunately, it has no competitors, it is the same monopolist in its genre as Euro Truck Simulator 2 - I mean it has no worthy competitors where there is also an open world, and not annoying and boring monotonous race tracks.

But for me personally, there are enough shortcomings here, I will write what I consider a minus, and you tell me whether I am right or not? I love this game, I always buy it on release day, take all the add-ons, but if the developers took my wishes into account, I think it would be much more interesting to play.

Make it a normal difficulty in terms of making money. Why, playing at the maximum difficulty settings and without all the helpers, literally after the start of the game, I practically sort out the cars like gloves? I now want to gnaw the earth for each car, to achieve it with sweat and blood, because the more difficult it is to get a car, the higher the value from its ownership and the more buzz, respectively, and here you sort out these cars like gloves, and they do not give strong emotions from ownership.
I understand that the higher the difficulty, the more money they give, but on easy difficulty and even more so with all the assistants and with rewinds, playing is simply not interesting.

Let the damage be made sane, where after an accident the car is total and the race must be started anew, where you can punch the wheels, shake the suspension from careless driving over rough terrain.

Let the physics be delivered so that the cars would taxi differently and there would be a noticeable difference from driving on the asphalt, the side of the road, country roads.
Let it be better to have fewer cars, but so that each one is truly unique.
Well, damn people - I ride on a lamb on the asphalt, at speed I slide down onto the field and ...... I'm just as calmly driving across the field !!! This is overkill, I think. In real life, she would have got bogged down in this field without even having traveled 50 meters, she would have been dragged back by a tug, since she herself would not have gone either in the back or in the front.

Make a working system of navigators! Why should I behold the arrows above my head? Why in the old Test Drive Unlimited I saw the route on the navigator in the salon as in life, and not over the head of the strip?

It seems to me that these two points separate this game from the title of an ideal car game.
16 Comments
Sort by:
I
IOne86 12.07.21

I agree, due to the excess of money, over time, I lost the motivation to play.
There is also such a trick: if you log into the Forza Hub application once a week, you get 150,000 as a gift. You can not play the game for several months, and then go in and you will have a lot of money.
Over time, the prize games begin to give a damn: anyway, you already have almost all the cars (or you can buy them), and I don't give a damn about clothes.
There is no pleasure in buying cars when at first you drive a cheap car for a long time and then earn money for a new car.

True, in this regard, the game has become a hostage to its concept: the game has several hundred cars so that the player can drive a wide variety of cars that he likes. And if you have to save up for a long time for each car, then the player will buy, say, 50 cars in his entire career, and why then hundreds of other cars will be needed?

Hopefully in part 5, the developers will try to give more motivation to complete weekly tasks, etc., because it is in their interests, tk. in fact, the game is already partly an MMO without a clear plot, but with weekly tasks, etc. And in an MMO, it is important to constantly keep players and not allow a situation where players quickly open all content and scatter due to lack of motivation.

In physics, I would like it to be impossible to drive off-road on a sports car, or at least that the clearance height affects the cross-country ability. If you want to drive a sports car off-road - put a suspension with a high ground clearance for off-road and tires for the ground, otherwise the car will sit on the belly in the very first hole.
Even now, four-wheel drive has the advantage, I would like rear-wheel drive to be preferable in races on asphalt, as in real life.

But the developers are unlikely to complicate the physics, judging by the additions like Lego and Hot Wheels, many children play the game.
The last demonstration of the gameplay confirms this, there from 6:27 the cars jump on catapults, so there is no talk of any course of developers on realism.

In all fairness, among arcade races, the game has the most adequate physics, some NFS with its scripted drifts was not even close.

S
Shadowclonejutsu 12.07.21

to fix the game, it is necessary to revise the economy, and give a penny for the won races, so that there was an incentive to stay in the game ..
And of course, do not add DLS cars, making them free! they should cost three times more expensive than those sold in the game initially)
I would add people on the street, make the world more alive, and voice communication between the carriers, and that's it =)

P
Pavel rally 12.07.21

Podvipodvertov
The game was created so that people do not strain while having fun, and you want to turn it into a harsh simulator, it's like demanding to turn Call of Duty into Arma.

In racing, I like to change the car after every ride.

M
Miodrag 23.07.21

I agree with the author. There must be a challenge. This does not mean that you need to turn it into a harsh simulator, but simply complicate the game.

A
Andrulllik 20.08.21

I've been waiting for this for a long time! I think the game will live up to its name, hurray!

B
Bigozerki 14.09.21

This is an arcade game, I think the claims are unfounded

D
DEDGAMER 28.10.21

Since Need for speed has temporarily died, this game took its place by right, I think it's a great game)

G
GuyverDark 28.10.21

the lack of concept cars since the late 90s as there were truly masterpiece models ...

A
AleXraceSiM 09.11.21

Podvipodvertov
I did not understand you, then you ask for less money on an easy difficulty, then to make the road surface feel better, so for this you just need to turn off all the assistants and you will no longer come first and you will receive less money. But here already before the festival, while you are going to him, you change cars like gloves, because you play for a major. At the expense of navigation, I also did not understand, because all the tips are configured and disabled, it seems that you just did not go into the game and difficulty settings.

H
Hctaw 09.11.21

Someone tell these experts that if they want to jerk off - let them go to forza motorsport or a bunch of other autosims, these are arcade racing, they are for fun.
Well, yes, I would like to see a movie from the author and other commentators with the passage of a couple of races on the maximum difficulty of the bots, the assistants are turned off, a manual gearbox with a clutch and rewind off.

S
Salyarych 09.11.21

Podvipodvertov
Hello.
1. The game is made for online. After completing a single, replaying completed races is already boring. Here we are helped out by online races with AI opponents or PvP modes. At maximum difficulty (AI is invincible) behaves like a real player and it is very, very difficult to get around him. Especially in long races. And rewinding only worsens your position in the race, since while swinging backward, all opponents go forward.
2. Personally, I do not feel any discomfort with money at all. In 4 parts of the money, over a billion was accumulated, while I did not collect 3 cars until the full collection (not including the last DLS with toy cars). Collecting cars is easy if they are ordinary cars, but rarities - only through an auction or through races, in which, as I wrote in paragraph 1, you will have to sweat. There were about 800 cars in 4 parts, and not all of them can be bought! So money has almost no effect on anything. And even if each car was worth more than a million, nothing would have changed.
3. This is ARCADE !!! not a simulator! A R K A D A. If you do not know what this word means - Yandex will help you! Do you want real sensations from a side exit, with a U-turn or even a coup? Please - forza motor sport 7 is waiting for you in the MC store. It will be removed from the sale soon if it has not already been removed, so hurry up! If you want the complete destructibility of a car, while on licensed cars, pf, there is nothing easier - throw up the playground money for the detailed destruction of licensed cars, I think a couple of tens of millions of dollars will be enough. Well, if you feel sorry for your favorite toy, there is always a flatout or a burnout!
4. I agree about the navigator, but this is such a trifle that at most 1% of the players will use it, so I'm sure they won't even consider it. A minimap with a route, plus an icon somewhere in the distance, is customary (3-4 parts each) and 99% of the players are satisfied.
By the way, it is strange that you did not pay attention to the behavior of the car from the cockpit. When setting the metric system, the speed from the cockpit does not match the speed on the virtual speedometer. You drive 200, it doesn't feel higher than 120. It’s like the game slows down forcibly. This is most likely a bug with their new feature, so I hope it will be fixed soon. But everyone who plays from the view from the cockpit has noticed this for a long time, that's why I write that it is strange that you did not pay attention to this, you are a "hardcore player" here ...

If, nevertheless, all these factors annoy you so much, then you do not need to create topics here, but on the forum foozmotorsport in the section horaisen 5 - community. Playgrounds read appeals and even respond, and then bring the most interesting solutions into the game. Just keep in mind that all messages must be in correct English, it will not work through a translator! I hope you don't count the playground site. ru the official site of the Playground developer? It would be really funny))

S
Salyarych 09.11.21

In general, if we talk specifically about the cons of the new part, it will be:
1. As usual, bugs with the imposition of textures (vinyls) on cars. As in the previous part, some cars have defects where the vinyl is not properly stretched over the car model. Unfilled elements remain or these areas are painted over if you move the vinyl, for example, above or below this "broken" area. A striking example is the new supra in full body kit (bodykit). Bug on the rear left fender and front bumper.
2. The speed from the cockpit is displayed incorrectly (I described it in the previous comment).
3. Gamepad settings. If you configure it on a mechanical box, the interface control (card, assistant, etc.) flies. You have to manually interrupt the buttons.
4. Sometimes the determination of the distance to the target "breaks down". You drive over rough terrain in free ride mode, and on the final path icon, the distance freezes and shows a random number. Example - I was descending from the volcano to the horaisen site, the distance showed 20 meters ...
5. Added a new option - opening / closing the roof on convertibles, but this option works only on some cars, for example McLaren Spider and Ferrari Portofino. On Mazda MX5 convertible, this option does not work. It's a pity.
6. Minor bugs. For example, studded tires. The question is, why? There is snow in only one place - at the very top of the volcano ... Why do we need winter tires in the game, if the seasons only change the amount of water in the rivers!
7. Tuning. On some cars, they added external parts (bumpers, body kits, etc.), and on some cars, on the contrary, they removed. Example of Subaru BRZ. Her bodyitis disappeared.

There was already a message from the developer (in the game in the mail, take a look). They wrote that they know about online problems and some bugs and are already working on fixing them. And also, on the forum of the site it is said that the first update, which will be already on the 11th, will contain not only new cars, but also fix bugs. So we are waiting.

But the game has more advantages! One ray tracing with shading and dynamic light is worth it ... mmm not! Those who play on the latest generation consoles or on a top-end PC most likely noticed how dust is displayed in the wind, at night, in the headlights. Very nice! How gorgeous it is to drive at night now! And dynamic weather! Finally super! Only the storm has certain boundaries, but the rain is amazing. And the sounds! God, how beautiful they are !!! You can hear how the rain "splashes" on the surface of the earth, the sounds of the engines have been reworked. And the forest now has a really lively atmosphere! It's fine! I highly recommend playing with good headphones with a good sound card to enjoy the sounds of the game. Indescribable feelings!
By the way, I noticed that in the morning in the jungle, in the lowlands, fog is gathering. It is especially abundant near swamps and rivers. Looks great!

d
doshirak11 12.11.21

the game is made in order to relax the player as much as possible, this is not an NSF underground with the same 7-round race, not dark souls and not spitters from GTA. I came home from work, took a gamepad / steering wheel and here's a beautiful open world for you, here are a bunch of different offline / online activities with many cars available. That's why she is so popular.

H
H1ndsomeJ1ck 09.12.21

As for the damage system: developers will be sent upon obtaining a license to use cars of any concern in the game, and then they will have to start the topic "Disadvantages preventing the game from becoming a 100% masterpiece v2", where the author will complain about the absence of most of the real car manufacturers in the game. This is why there are no real cars in games like GTA and in the near future.

d
demon 33251 03.01.22

There is one drawback - in the game it's easy to do nefig. The game is empty, there is nothing in it.

m
miga777 25.01.22

demon 33251
fully agrees, so he returned to part 4. The game is made with soul.