3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Spiny 12.07.21 09:39 pm

Loss of animals. Am I missing something or a bug? (The Hunter: Call of the Wild)

I don't play this game so often, I even forgot when I bought it, at 19 or 20. But I remember more than + - I played it after the purchase, studied it and even, say, got hooked. But over time, he began to notice that the animals were disappearing somewhere. No, I certainly understand what I hunt, but let's say in the savannah now I find only springboks or jackals (I never really tried to kill them). But the oryx and lions are now really not found. So in other reserves, many animals have disappeared. He pulled a friend into the game and he saw a bunch of animals in his single player game, but if we are together or I am 1, then there are few animals. I don't want to hunt any rabbits! I want big animals! How to live now? Is this a feature or a bug?
5 Comments
Sort by:
A
ApMaJIuH 12.07.21

There are a lot of everyone there, they just scatter in advance, because they hear you from afar. When I turned on the backlight of animals for the first time, I freaked out how many of them are around, the distant ones usually lie, waiting for the scripts to start. The game is designed like that, spotted from a distance, and sneak for half an hour or everyone runs away. Mod put on a decrease in the emitted noise by 40%, there are more animals and it is easier to meet diamond ones, otherwise they generally hear you as they entered the game).
Spoilerhttps: //www.nexusmods.com/thehuntercallofthewild/mods/25? Tab = description

S
Spiny 12.07.21

ApMaJIuH As
I just gave the example of the savannah, because I settled there well, and before the oryx I saw a whole herd, even lions. And now I go and hear and see all kinds of springboks and jackals. Orix if I find it, it is very rare 1. But I'll try to look at this mod. But still it seems strange to me. I'm really a whole herd of all kinds of oryx. I remember that even their spawn was not far from 1 house. He was killing Oryxes right on the spot. Then I didn't see them there anymore, and I didn't really see them anywhere.

A
ApMaJIuH 12.07.21

Spiny
Alternatively, you can delete the animal_population_ files in the saves so that everything can be populated on the map from scratch. The game is still constantly being updated, maybe some species are being reduced in quantity. Do not forget to copy the saves before making changes.

S
Spiny 12.07.21

ApMaJIuH
Yes, it turned out it was necessary to delete the files. I immediately found 2 herd of Oryx. But still I don't quite understand. Well, logically, I reduced the animal population by exterminating them. Or is it a bug and kill at least 100,000 animals, but they should not disappear? Bug or feature? :)

A
ApMaJIuH 12.07.21

Spiny
Found it in VK, a friend describes there about the search for diamond animals.
"With the updates, the developers are moving the zones of need, because of this, effective hunting places after the next update can be a waste of time. For example, it was with Calburn Canyon in Layton. Some time ago, almost all the animals of the reserve were found there. Now it is." dead "zone with a couple of solitary coyotes."
That is, if, after the update, you continue to play on old saves, then such a situation with a decrease in species may arise, since the places and respawns have been changed, but in the saves they are still old.