3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
f
furiousles 12.07.21 09:46 pm

Full list of factions (Total War: Rome 2)

To assess the entire "depth of our depths" Pan DEN Stark, based on the interactive map of Total War: Rome 2, made a complete list of the factions represented in the game.

For convenience, the factions are divided by region, and the initially playable factions are highlighted in red.

Remember - all other factions are initially unplayable, but perhaps in the future they will be included with the help of DLC or simply modders will try for us;).
For all the information, we sincerely thank the resource totalwars.ru

27 Comments
Sort by:
A
Alexator 12.07.21

Getae ?! Why am I replaying the mass effect !?
And yes, the New Carthage faction is puzzling. Who is it? Of course, I have suspicions that it was like Hannibal Barca broke away and washed down his Carthage without oligarchic management, but ... when did I guess correctly?

f
furiousles 12.07.21

Alexator
Legionnaire says thank you, my friend.)
If my memory serves me New Carthage is a settlement in Spain founded by Hasdrubal ...) It was originally called Cartagena, was captured by the Romans and was renamed Cartago Nova (New Carthage) ...)

D
Derpt 12.07.21

There are many more fractions. It should be very interesting when it comes out. The question of the development of factions is worrying, recalling the first game of the series, the game for Rome was very easy, and for other nations it was more difficult because of the army branch. Let's see what they do this time.

D
DROGBA 12.07.21

As usual, I'm not happy that only a few factions were made playable out of this number. I hope that some patch will be released later that will solve this problem.

For convenience, the factions are divided by region, and the initially playable factions are highlighted in red.

Remember - all other factions are initially unplayable, but perhaps in the future they will be included with the help of DLC or simply modders will try for us

Pontus, Athens, Epirus and Sparta and so will be available only in the DLC. The developers said it seems that they will be available in the original version 8 factions, but without this four, just 8 comes out.

B
Bobr luch 12.07.21

It will be strange to see Dacians in the Iranian steppes.

B
Bobr luch 12.07.21

As usual, I'm not happy that only a few factions were made playable out of this number. I hope that some patch will be released later that will solve this problem.
The main thing is that due to the number of factions, many of them are not stereotyped and of the same type.

C
Carim 12.07.21

Bobr luch
That's right, more than a dozen playable factions from the very beginning is not bad. It remains to be hoped that many of them will not become passable, differing from others only by a larger territory.

D
DROGBA 12.07.21

The main thing is that due to the number of factions, many of them are not stereotyped and of the same type.

I would like to be mistaken, but something tells me that it will be like in Napoleon and the Empire (I do not take into account Shogun, because there is a little different "policy") - only those that are open from the very beginning are of high quality, and the rest so ..... for the quantity and cannon fodder, and to a large extent they are designed for rapid destruction. Therefore, my personal opinion is that it is better to make at least 20 factions, but that they are all well worked out.

B
Basma4ik 12.07.21

Oh, and nifiga yourself, how many factions, if at least some of them will open after passing the company, then just super!

L
Lisycyn 12.07.21

DROGBA I
totally agree. What's the point of having dozens of factions with completely identical units and krafts? Less is more.

D
DonOlivka 12.07.21

Better less is more
I disagree, because diplomacy is more interesting with many factions. Leaving the most basic factions aside, the game will turn into ordinary skirmishes between one major faction and another. Oaky gameplay in general, it's time to leave it in the past.

H
Homeland lover 12.07.21

DonOlivka
diplomacy is more interesting with multiple
diplomacy factions ? Will she finally show up?

Basma4ik
Oh, and nifiga yourself, how many factions, if at least some of them will be opened after passing the company, then it's just super!
In real life, most of these "factions" were amorphous tribal alliances (or even not alliances), without statehood and clear boundaries of habitation. They are added to the game for bulk and ostentatious authenticity. And is there any point in playing for some Sarmatians, if there is Rome and Egypt?
The campaign for Carthage can turn out to be difficult and interesting. Parthia did not interfere b. But at the start of the game, it cannot be purely chronologically, and the ability to reflect the real historical development (if the player does not interfere in the affairs of this region) the assemblers are not disfigured. It is normal for them when a side consisting of one province declares war on a huge empire. And in Shogun, the real parties are designated as "rebels".

Still, the main advantages of Total Var are the beauty of graphics and a pleasant walk around the map with a sword in hand. Diplomatic, social, economic depth and historical, geographical authenticity are not their strong point. After them go to Paradoxes. The same Sengoku will give odds to the Shogun in terms of depth and reliability, although it has a number of strange limitations. It's a pity only, "Rome" from the Swedes came out frankly shitty. They put a sign = between the colonization of modern times and those of antiquity. And this is a fundamental mistake. Yes, and many other jambs were allowed.

D
DROGBA 12.07.21

DonOlivka
I disagree, because diplomacy is more interesting with many factions.

Do you mean "make peace, offer trade, exchange technologies" by "diplomacy"? twins, differing stupidly in color, the interestingness and entertainment of this chip drops to zero.

G
Goblin-2 12.07.21

A large number of factions - certainly good - a claim to historicity. Only I'm afraid in the game it is not realized in any way! It's not even about the units, for neighboring peoples they cannot be very different, so a certain monotony is permissible here. The question is the quality of diplomacy and the implementation of cultural and confessional dynamics .... we will not see this.

s
serg5555 12.07.21

I agree with everyone. The fractions are all the same.
The buildings are the same, the units are the same.

All the best from Rome 1 was just thrown into the trash.

d
dushadushadusha 12.07.21

DROGBA
Only the closest neighbors have units similar to you. And in the same Mediaval 2, different factions also had similar units. How many factions had feudal knights and noble knights? And they are only on foot? All the Italian and Pyrenean factions had the same crossbowmen. Many had veteran spearmen, etc.

T
Tvorozhok 12.07.21

Hah. Rome 2 is much more diverse than Mediaval and Empire, for example. I’m already silent about the shogun, there are definitely twin brothers

G
GLG 13 12.07.21

How could you diversify the units in Shogun 2? A samurai, he is also a samurai in the Wild West .... The
national diversity of the Mediterranean contributes to the expansion of the list of unique units in Rome 2.
In general, as for the Shogun, for fans of the East and especially Japan, there are a lot of different interesting things.

T
Tvorozhok 12.07.21

Lucius Vorenus XI LEG.
How you can diversify the units is a completely different question, but the fact that the twin brothers are fighting in the shogun is undeniable. All units are identical.

G
GLG 13 12.07.21

Yes, and the real Japanese are all the same person .... !!! And they dress up and do everything like a carbon copy. Mentality.)))