3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
m
militeli 23.07.21 12:20 am

Gamepad driver is not updating

Bought Horipad Pro Controller (Xbox Series X / S, Xbox One & PC) but it won't connect to pc!
When the old gamepad was connected, he downloaded the drivers himself and everything worked fine ...
And the new one does not want to download the driver, it gives an error like this (screen) I tried to update myself with the pens but also did not help
Tell me what it is and how to cure it?

13 Comments
Sort by:
P
Pavel rally 23.07.21

militeli
Where did you find the driver? Microsoft site? Is the Windows version right? Try installing as administrator or in compatibility mode with previous Windows.

Better to return to the store and take the Logitech F310.

I
IngwardIn 23.07.21

militeli
On your screen, the gamepad is defined as an undefined periphery for xbox.
I would remove the device from the task manager and try to use the official software that was advised above. First, install the software, then connect the gamepad.
Otherwise, manual selection of the driver from the list can help. Try xbox360, xbox one, xbox series x.
Pavel Rally
Pavel Rally wrote:
Better return to the store and take the Logitech F310.
Emae, from the avast user, brilliant advice that was not asked flew. Get down!
Well at least I didn’t recommend a gamepad from Defender.

P
Pavel rally 23.07.21

IngwardIn
I have been using Logitech F310 - 10 years, if it breaks down, I will buy the same one.

I
IngwardIn 23.07.21

Pavel Rally The
subject of the topic is different, no one asks which gamepad to replace this one. In addition, the gamepads are different, ranging from ergonomics to the price category.
Otherwise, I would not find fault.
I have a gamepad from the xbox 360 for 14 years, but it can hardly be said that it is better, since the solution is outdated and of a different price segment.

k
krapachino 23.07.21

militeli
Maybe SDI will help ...

m
militeli 23.07.21

IngwardIn
As you understand, I do not rummage in computers at all! on this, could you chew a couple of points in more detail?
by type
IngwardIn wrote:
I would remove the device from the task manager
how to do it? I do not find it in the dispatcher ....
IngwardIn wrote:
Otherwise, manual selection of the driver from the list can help. Try xbox360, xbox one, xbox series x.
and this is part 2 with boxes xboxes? I didn't understand anything at all

M
Marsj 23.07.21

Windows what version? for versions 7 and 8, the driver is from the microsoft Xbox 360 Controller for Windows website.

I
IngwardIn 23.07.21

militeli
IngwardIn wrote:
I would remove the device from the task manager
militeli wrote:
how to do it? I can't find it in the dispatcher ....
Sorry, a typo. I meant "device manager".
There you have the Hori pad pro clearly displayed.
You click on it, select "delete the device", connect it again, click on it,
select:
- "update driver"
- "find drivers on the computer"
- "select from the list of available drivers on the computer".
In theory, drivers for the xbox series x gamepad should be displayed, if not, and if there is a check mark "display only supported drivers", then you can remove it and see others.

In general, there should be no problems with this gamepad, for a start, just try to "remove the device", then install the software specified by Pavel Rally, after starting the program, plug in the gamepad and, in theory, everything should be up.

m
militeli 23.07.21

IngwardIn
did as you wrote, but nothing has changed much) there was an inscription only like this
The device does not have drivers installed. (Code 28)

M
Marsj 23.07.21

militeli
Instructions from Yandex - "somehow it was installed by itself"
Spoilerhttps: //yandex.ru/q/question/geimpad_hori_ne_podkliuchaetsia_k_bd1abdd6/

I
IngwardIn 23.07.21

militeli wrote:
did as you wrote, but nothing has changed much
What exactly? Installed off.soft? Is there anything displayed in the software?
And if you manually select a driver for the device?

m
militeli 23.07.21

IngwardIn
IngwardIn wrote:
- "update the driver"
- "find drivers on the computer"
- "select from the list of available drivers on the computer".
In theory, the drivers for the xbox series x gamepad should be displayed,
did everything according to the instructions so to speak .. only after removing and reconnecting, I still did not find the ones I needed
, that's what I see after - "select from the list of available drivers on the computer".
Spoiler

and when trying to install at least something shows this and still does not install
Spoiler,
but about the software that was recommended above, yes, but it does not react at all.
Spoiler
either I don’t understand something ... or I’m too hands-on and it’s not treated (

I
IngwardIn 23.07.21

militeli
After trying to install the driver, how does the device display? If I automatically try to look for a driver for a gamepad, as I understand it, does it install the xbox gaming device? If your controller has a reset button, it might make sense to do a reset.
The problem might be with the win10 build. Are the win10 updates working? Maybe there are ones available for download?
It's hard to say without seeing all the nuances, I had a similar problem with a receiver from an xbox 360 on a laptop, there the native drivers simply flew and were not installed, I had to download the drivers separately, rewrite a couple of lines in them, and install them through safe mode.
But on the new PC, this was not, everything got up through native firewood.