3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
g
ganjin 23.07.21 12:22 am

A couple of questions about skills (Mass Effect Legendary Edition)

Questions about ME2.
If you take defense as a bonus skill, will it be useful? The description says that the skill adds a percentage of the initial level of armor, but I initially have no armor, I have shields (I play as a soldier, I don't know if other classes have armor?), That is, in theory, any percentage of zero will be zero. And how really? And there is a big difference between defense and barrier (the barrier just kind of increases my shields, even though I'm not a biotic).
Another question about deforming cartridges (bonus skill from Jack). Strong difference between them and incendiary cartridges? Def. Cartridges pierce armor and biot.barriers, and incendiary only armor, maybe def. Cartridges then better, and pour points instead of incendiary into something else (and if you pump it for the whole squad, then not only for me). The only thing, incendiary add 40% damage, and def. 35% (3rd level of pumping), but if they are more versatile, then maybe a fig with 5%?
5 Comments
Sort by:
g
gmh4589 23.07.21

ganjin
If you don't wear armor, there will be no sense in defense. And, it's rather strange, do you have Shepard running around the Citadel in his shorts? In this case, I advise you to wear it, because armor gives a lot of buns, in addition to protection from damage. And if Shepard runs not only in shorts, then you are in armor, and there will be a profit from this perk.
The difference is like this, defense is a passive, if I'm not mistaken, and the barrier must be used during the battle.
About Ammo:
Incendiary Ammo also deals damage over time while the target is on fire. Best of all, Jack should be given deforming ones, and someone else, at least Shepard, should be given incendiary ones. I most often ran there with freezers, because they will become enemies, which is very convenient, Shepard freezes, and Garrus puts headshots from the sniper.
I may be wrong about something, since I haven’t played in ME for a long time.

g
ganjin 23.07.21

gmh4589
I'm talking about the second part. Both the defense and the barrier must be used in battle.
I'm not talking about armor sets (by the way, how can you not wear armor?), But about the protection parameter. For example, I play as a soldier, I have health and a blue shield bar, after which health decreases. I can tell from the armored enemies - they still have a yellow stripe of armor, I don't know if Shepard is not a soldier.
As a result, if I use a barrier, then it adds a percentage of the shield, though from a biotic one, but I have a kinetic one. But defense adds a percentage of armor, which in theory I do not have (not a set of armor, but a defense parameter), but the skill is used and I wonder how it all counts and which is better.
The difference in damage between Deforming and Incendiary rounds is 5%, in addition, Incendiary ammo smears this damage for 3 seconds. Plus incendiary cartridges - they do not allow health regeneration for these 3 seconds, but they are good against armor, and def. cartridges are also good against barriers.
If Shepard freezes, then the enemy falls and often over the obstacle, so it is difficult for Garrus to headshot, plus he does not have such awesome accuracy. Although it may now, when he and the weapon are pumped, you can try. And I started it so that the skills for incendiary cartridges could be spent on something else. Still, you have to choose how and what to pump. In principle, it's not that there was a particularly strong difference, it's a matter of taste, and you can pump it at any time.
In general, I will deal with cartridges, but how armor is considered to me is not very clear.

V
Vladimir LeGioN Mindubaev 23.07.21

ganjin
I'm not sure, but since the barrier and the geth shields act like a second shield at any moment (they took off your shield, use the skill to put the second one while the first one is being restored at any health indicator), then the defense should act in the same way ... , I will check. Checked, acts as I said. And about cartridges: what effect do you need - remove barriers and armor, or remove armor and set fire to the enemy? (It looks like fiery is better, but that's my opinion)

A
Andrei YP 23.07.21

ganjin
the higher the percentage of armor, the slower the health goes away, and the "defense" also reduces the health cost

g
gmh4589 23.07.21

ganjin wrote:
I'm not talking about armor sets (by the way, how can you not wear armor?)
So I did not understand how you can run without armor)

As for the armor, I have never played for the Shep soldier, so that- then I cannot say intelligible.
But so that enemies do not fall over obstacles, there is an awesome ability in the biotics branch that lifts enemies into the air, Liara has it (I can't remember the name of the ability). In principle, it is possible with it without freezing. Freezing was good in the original versions of the games, during the battles with some bosses there was almost no place to hide. The improved version seems to have added more cover in such places.