3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
l
le_prophet 23.07.21 12:22 am

Poor performance, statters, fps drops. (Fallout 76)

configuration:
asus rog strix RTX 2060
i5 9400f
16 ddr4 2666
ssd / hdd (put the game there and there)

All games work fine, including heavy ones (rdr2, bf1 / bf5, hunt) I

show it by the example of the initial locations.

Fallout does not load the system, while the FPS is not high. Constant statters, periodic freezes, just hellish FPS drawdowns (in Morgentown there were drawdowns up to 15 fps). Nothing depends on the settings, the fps is the same at both ultras and lows, and the fps sags to almost the same values. The only places in which the system is loaded and produces good FPS are dungeons / closed locations. I know that many have such a problem with FPS drops up to 10 even on top systems, which many people write about on the forums 76 fallouts. But there are also people with relatively weak systems who have practically no performance problems.

Tried to enable / disable vsync / gsync, no difference.

Maybe there are ideas on how to fix this game.

11 Comments
Sort by:
S
Space Ðœarine 23.07.21

A person with a similar config, similar performance and similar CPU / GPU utilization.

I personally think the problem is with RAM. 2666 with horse timings is most likely a bottleneck in your systems.
In dungeons and closed locations, there are fewer objects, the load on RAM is less, and the performance is higher.
Try to lower the timings, maybe the FPS will throw some pennies.

l
le_prophet 23.07.21

Space Marine
people on the gazebo forums / forums 76 with 2080ti and above complain about similar drops of up to 10 fps (in morgentown, for example, or an airport), but at the same time people with weak systems 960-980 1050ti / 1063 play fine, maybe because of that that the engine is ancient.
Not all, of course, some.

l
le_prophet 23.07.21

This game loads old systems on a hundred square meters.

l
le_prophet 23.07.21

Space Marine
Yes, and on ultras bf1 in 2k it flies without a single slowdown, despite 64 players and the number of particles / objects.

S
Space Ðœarine 23.07.21

le_prophet
You again focus on the video card, and I tell you again that you, most likely, focus on the memory subsystem.
Attach a screenshot from Hades with a memory test, everything will become clear there.

l
le_prophet 23.07.21

And a new video on minimums without shadows and grass, look) empty city)

S
Space Ðœarine 23.07.21

le_prophet I
looked at several Fallout 76 vidos with 9400f with stock memory. Cards 1660 and higher are consistently not heavily loaded even at ultras, 60-80 fps with drawdowns up to 40.
Apparently, this is the performance that your 9400f with stock memory can give you in this game. It's not a fact that a decrease in timings will somehow significantly increase FPS, Intel has in this matter from game to game, especially on a non-K processor. But the fact that even with 3080ti your FPS will not grow is a fact, even your 2060 is not heavily loaded.
Try to reduce the visibility range, this setting significantly loads the percent and memory.

l
le_prophet 23.07.21

Moreover, on reddit, on Steam forums, and on arbor forums

l
le_prophet 23.07.21

Just opened the forum of the first one that came across to you, threw it off with the topic of drawdown

l
le_prophet 23.07.21

it's funny, so my systems are enough to pull rdr2 and similar games without problems - but to pull a game with a 15-year-old engine - no.

S
Space Ðœarine 23.07.21

Try it, I did not find any other fixes.

There is nothing funny. With crooked hands, you can write such an engine that will give out the GTA 3 visual, but at the same time put the system with 11900k and 3090 on the blades.
And the engine of the gazebo has never been famous for its special directness. Fallout 76 is the culmination of his flaw.