3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
m
mavbrd2 23.07.21 12:22 am

DLSS update killed performance (Red Dead Redemption 2)

Greetings. Literally half an hour ago I was updated to a fresh version of the game that brings dlss. And what was my surprise when, for comparison, I decided to run the built-in benchmark first without the new technology enabled and find a drop in overall performance by 30-40 percent in comparison with the version before this update. How is that? Did something go wrong with me alone in the update, or did the rockstars really break the normally working game?
8 Comments
Sort by:
m
mavbrd2 23.07.21

PS All graphics settings naturally did not change with the new update. The way the game was set up relatively speaking yesterday, that's how it was

Z
Zh1VaGo 23.07.21

It seems that everything is fine, I did not notice the fall in FPS. When you turn on the DLSS, your eyes are happy, not so much an increase in FPS, how much you turn off TAA. Finally, this soap is gone!

S
Sergey23235 23.07.21

there is nothing like that, on the contrary, plus 10-15 fps and the picture became much better, clearer, there is no soap

P
POLKOVNIK2005 23.07.21

Does the setting only appear on RTX?

R
Royal_King 23.07.21

after the update, the FPS dropped on average by 1-2 frames, judging by the benchmark. The GTX 1080 card - like dlss does not work on it, so just an update that slightly sows the FPS. And the added problem is that TAA anti-aliasing turns on automatically after each launch. You have to manually disable it after each entry into the game

N
NEONbeast21 23.07.21

Royal_King
I faced the same problem, but it was getting worse for me.
With the FPS limit of 30 frames, it was 30-28 FPS, after updating 30-24 in the fields of forests, and dropping up to 11 frames in cities, now I can’t play such a wonderful game.
i5 3470, GTX 1660 SUPER
If anyone found a solution, write down here

d
dxxoddddeffffx 23.07.21

on RTX there is an increase in FPS

N
Nekstov_S 28.08.21

mavbrd2
Also appreciated the joke: D
Honestly, I generally confused when, after an update somewhere in July, which launched in rdr 2 dlss, on my RTX 3090 (ON A MINUTE) the frames began to sink to 38, instead of the stable 60, on which I stood lock ...
Before the update, I didn't even smell the drawdown on the ultras, everything was fine, but now, in some places, it sits hard.
I tried the vaunted dlss, and the same drawdowns, a couple of times it even seemed to me that on the dlss "quality" preset, the drawdowns were stronger than on TAA ... besides, when moving with dlss, the picture starts to ripple / flicker, which gets on your nerves ...
In short, I regretted that I installed the update))
If suddenly someone also comes across and finds a solution, or at least understands what the reason is, unsubscribe ..)