3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Anton Alpatov 23.07.21 12:22 am

Mass efect 1 and 2 part (Mass Effect Legendary Edition) does not start

People, what a problem with Mass Effect Legendary Edition, the first two parts do not want to start at all. The picture and the black screen are stupid, and the exe itself weighs in the manager with the inscription does not respond. But most importantly, part 3 starts up perfectly. What nonsense ???

Maybe someone like that?
21 Comments
Sort by:
s
ssdddp 23.07.21

Yes, that's right. I climbed a little on the Internet. The English speakers also had such garbage, they solved it like this: they went to the Mass Effect Legendary Edition → Game → ME1 (or ME2) → BioGame → Config folder and changed the resolution and mode from full-screen to windowed in the files. It helped them (judging by the reviews), but it didn't work for me, because at startup these documents are overwritten and the game again tries to start in full screen mode with a resolution of 1920x1080. What should I do xs, the second part somehow does not really care, but I would like to run into the updated first part ...

.Chiken 23.07.21

ssdddp
You can check the "Read only" checkbox in the file properties so that they are not overwritten xD

A
Anton Alpatov 23.07.21

ssdddp
Well I will try I hope it will work. It's just really nonsense, even by running directly executable 1 and 2 part stupidly, it does not even appear in the processes, but with 3 everything is fine.

A
Anton Alpatov 23.07.21

ssdddp
I don't know I set the resolution to ResX = 1280 ResY = 720 made Fullscreen = False. Put on the file "read only" and useless. Maybe I'm changing the wrong values ​​or it doesn't work. What specifically needs to be changed there?

s
ssdddp 23.07.21

.Chiken I
put it already. Did not help.

s
ssdddp 23.07.21

Anton Alpatov
This is exactly what was needed. I changed a bunch of everything else, but it didn't work for me. You can still try to find and change the value of the windowmode line.

s
ssdddp 23.07.21

Try the resolution 1600x900, by the way, you can change it in two places, in the [WinDrv.WindowsClient] block and in [SystemSettings]

A
Anton Alpatov 17.11.21

ssdddp
<Bro, how did you manage to play the first part of ME LE, or didn't it?

A
Alekseenk 13.01.22

Does anyone have a solution? Only part 3 runs without problems. 1 and 2 hang on Splash Screen

v
vftor 13.01.22

Anton Alpatov
Alekseenk
There is also a dependence of the launch of the game on the requirements. Parts 1 and 2 are sharpened for Win.7, the 3rd part has higher requirements, and the Legendary Edition is sharpened for Win.10. This dependence is also shown in other games. For example, recently The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt did not start for me (error 0xc000007b), which worked in 2015 on the same computer. But recently I have installed Net Framework (v.4.5 SP1 Win7) and corresponding Win.7 x64 updates. Then I removed this Net Framework and these updates, left the old Net Framework (v.4.0.30319) and the old updates, and the game started up smoothly. Then, when I uninstalled The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt, the OVERPASS Deluxe Edition game stopped launching. Then I restored Net Framework (v.4.5 SP1 Win7) and one Vredist update. OVERPASS has started. In general, all these are features of some games. But there are many old games without such features. For example, on the same computer of mine (Win.7 x64, with Net Framework (v.4.5 SP1 Win7) and corresponding updates), games from 2005 to 2018 work.

A
Alekseenk 13.01.22

vftor
Removing the new one and downloading the old version of the network did not work. It does not help why the first 2 parts do not work .... At the same time, great, again, the 3rd part is launched

v
vftor 13.01.22

Alekseenk
There is one more nuance: the missing dll files to run the game (in Windows and in the game itself). These files can be identified by Dependency Walker (x86 and x64). It is possible that in the process of installing and uninstalling different games, these files are deleted or crashed. If the game does not start, then I first of all determine the missing files, and if they are, then I install them in WindowsSystem32 and SysWOW64, as well as in the game folder. You also need to consider the version of dll files suitable for the system and the game. If you have all the necessary dll files, and if the game does not start, then "error 0xc000007b" usually pops up. Here is the most difficult part. There are many reasons, it can be both Net Framework and Vredist and the devil knows what. It is necessary to search by the method of experiments and record the results of each so as not to get confused.

A
Alekseenk 13.01.22

vftor
There are no errors like any, all dll files are enough.
It just hangs on the splash screen. And that's part 1 and 2. 3 works perfect

A
Alekseenk 13.01.22

vftor
My problem is not with the original effects. And with the legendary edition

v
vftor 13.01.22

Alekseenk
Well, I would have said so right away. Legendary Edition is sharpened for Win.10. That's why it won't start. And fuck you this Legendary Edition, put the old game.

A
Alekseenk 13.01.22

vftor
I already have Windows 10. I agree with the old one. I would like to try. Looks like I'll have to put in the old one.

v
vftor 13.01.22

Alexeenk
Understood. There are a lot of problems with this Win.10. The forums constantly write about problems with it. I tried it for a long time, but I realized that it was not right and categorically refused it and games for it. In addition, getting into the system with Win.10 and changing something is extremely difficult, and not like with Win.XP and Win.7.

A
Alekseenk 13.01.22

vftor
Put the original, fuck this legend. Problems pzdts

v
vftor 13.01.22

Alekseenk
In the sense pzdts - a lot of problems or no problems?

A
Alekseenk 13.01.22

vftor
Problems in the legendary edition at least chew your ass. Already pass the original